• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins isnt a negative asset. Not a huge positive but certainly not a negative. A wing that will play decent D and score in the 12-15 range.

And his contract now is only 3 years and $75M and it expires when he is 31 so it is not like his skills will decline much during those 3 years. That is appropriate for a decent wing.

A good example of how a near max contract signed today will start to look like a more reasonable deal a couple years from now.
I think that’s a lot of money to be paying a guy who has had one good season and has had some mystery around his story with a lengthy unexplained absence followed by a drop in his play quality.

That’s definitely a negative asset. The Warriors have been considering trading him now for the last 18 months and nobody seems interested at all. I think it’s well established that it’s a piss poor asset. Maybe I over stepped in claiming “negative”. Maybe it’s just a nasty room clearing rancid fart and not full fledged diarrhea yet. However, when you smell that Wiggins gas you know a bowel movement is quickly approaching.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's past his personal issues and can be relied upon, perhaps.
I’m not committing 3 years and 75 million to that asset unless I’m getting something in return. I would want to shed my bad contract in this deal. I’m not the guy sending picks either.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but it seems they are standing pat with their top 4. A little work around the margins isn't going to make drastic improvement IMO (not at a Thunder level).
If im Atkinson I don’t want anybody in that core 4 dealt yet until I see them play with me in my system. Most say that Garland is the odd man out and if that’s the case and you want to do it this summer the asset is trending lower than it probably should.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that’s a lot of money to be paying a guy who has had one good season and has had some mystery around his story with a lengthy unexplained absence followed by a drop in his play quality.

That’s definitely a negative asset. The Warriors have been considering trading him now for the last 18 months and nobody seems interested at all. I think it’s well established that it’s a piss poor asset. Maybe I over stepped in claiming “negative”. Maybe it’s just a nasty room clearing rancid fart and not full fledged diarrhea yet. However, when you smell that Wiggins gas you know a bowel movement is quickly approaching.
:pound:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers summer league has been intriguing. Looks like the Sixers could have two solid pieces for the rotation this year in rookie McCain and second year guy Ricky Council IV. I don’t think they’ll play big minutes but they could be change up guys that provide energy in different ways. Additionally, Adem Bona from UCLA is raw but he looks like he could be a worthy G League project. He’s already NBA ready as a defender.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers summer league has been intriguing. Looks like the Sixers could have two solid pieces for the rotation this year in rookie McCain and second year guy Ricky Council IV. I don’t think they’ll play big minutes but they could be change up guys that provide energy in different ways. Additionally, Adem Bona from UCLA is raw but he looks like he could be a worthy G League project. He’s already NBA ready as a defender.
Yeah, Bona could help you with some defense but he is super raw on offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the same as the Cavs if you squint and blur your vision maybe. Thunder have far more upside and added two much needed pieces this offseason to a team that had already surpassed the Cavs.

We've already seen that the Cavs roster hasn't been ideal with Garland and Mitchell in the backcourt and Mobley/Allen down low. They had the opportunity to diversify this summer and declined. I think they've plateaued as currently constructed.
It is easy to say it hasn’t been ideal with a coach lacking an offensive scheme. We still haven’t seen Mobley’s potential. I don’t think there is a huge difference at all if we are talking about the top 3 players. Jalen I will say has a ton of potential but Mobley could have the most of the group. He’s basically been doing all this will a lack of post moves and an inconsistent jumpshot. Atkinson might can unlock that potential.

Diversify? They don’t have much flexibility with the cap and lack of picks. If you are talking Garland for Ingram swap that would be a bad idea and even less flexibility in the future. It seems like you are mistaken like some Cavs fans. They don’t have much flexibility but it is more than that, it is lack of options on the market. Another factor is they are giving the new coach a year to see what he can do with the roster.

We have seen this in the regular season look like one of the best teams with a coach that didn’t have an offense worth a shit. We haven’t seen their ceiling especially not in the playoffs. If you watched them day in and day out you would know that. Bickerstaff was a defense-minded HC and it showed.

If the two bigs and two small guards doesn’t work they have two valuable assets to flip. Unfortunately like the east the top of the conference is loaded with veteran teams with a ton of talent so progress might not look the same. On paper now the top of the east is more loaded than the west.

The one clear difference between the two teams is future picks, by a large difference. So I will give you that. The core for both teams is both extremely high

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to say it hasn’t been ideal with a coach lacking an offensive scheme. We still haven’t seen Mobley’s potential. I don’t think there is a huge difference at all if we are talking about the top 3 players. Jalen I will say has a ton of potential but Mobley could have the most of the group. He’s basically been doing all this will a lack of post moves and an inconsistent jumpshot. Atkinson might can unlock that potential.

Diversify? They don’t have much flexibility with the cap and lack of picks. If you are talking Garland for Ingram swap that would be a bad idea and even less flexibility in the future. It seems like you are mistaken like some Cavs fans. They don’t have much flexibility but it is more than that, it is lack of options on the market. Another factor is they are giving the new coach a year to see what he can do with the roster.

We have seen this in the regular season look like one of the best teams with a coach that didn’t have an offense worth a shit. We haven’t seen their ceiling especially not in the playoffs. If you watched them day in and day out you would know that. Bickerstaff was a defense-minded HC and it showed.

If the two bigs and two small guards doesn’t work they have two valuable assets to flip. Unfortunately like the east the top of the conference is loaded with veteran teams with a ton of talent so progress might not look the same. On paper now the top of the east is more loaded than the west.

The one clear difference between the two teams is future picks, by a large difference. So I will give you that. The core for both teams is both extremely high
I don’t know about that. OKC Den Mavs TWolves is probably better than Celtics Knicks Sixers

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mentally, he hasn't been locked in is the main problem.

We said the same thing in Minnesota long before he found out his girlfriend was a cheating whore.

Even passive Wiggins is a decent basketball player. Everyone's main problem with him is that they were always waiting for him to turn into Paul Pierce. Its just not going to happen. And he is always going to not be as intense as most fans want to see him. Just not who he is.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,885.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We said the same thing in Minnesota long before he found out his girlfriend was a cheating whore.

Even passive Wiggins is a decent basketball player. Everyone's main problem with him is that they were always waiting for him to turn into Paul Pierce. Its just not going to happen. And he is always going to not be as intense as most fans want to see him. Just not who he is.
Well, he had a stretch in GS where it looked like he had turned the corner but he is now back to being his lethargic self so....

Not a real positive trade asset....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was a positive asset pg13 would be a dub

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad look all the way around

Yep. Lebron and AD are both coming off of arguably their healthiest seasons and I'm not too thrilled about them playing either.

I get wanting to represent your country...but your first responsibility is to the team that has millions of dollars invested in you.