• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he's all in on the Pope and company spiritually

I just wonder if he won't stay away out of spite

Just tried to @ him though and it still doesn't work, so not sure what @DJ was talking about

girlfriend wo GIF

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tag him though and right when he was banned you could not tag him. So I think he will be back soon.

That other guy is a huge asshole. I may go over there and test the limits of what is acceptable. I been here like 10 years. 'fightin has only been here like 4 years I think.

I might go flamethrower on that cocksucker in the PF. They decide to put me in a timeout and I think I can handle it for a week or 2.

I can’t get banned this month

Got my college fantasy league draft this month

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t get banned this month

Got my college fantasy league draft this month
Of all the people in the NBA threads you are the most least likely person to be banned or put in a timeout, Q.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsCenter recently had a feature on Stuart Scott with his daughter's. Can't believe it's almost been 10 years since he passed away.

The man paved the way for black sports announcers/hosts.

#RIPStu

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsCenter recently had a feature on Stuart Scott with his daughter's. Can't believe it's almost been 10 years since he passed away.

The man paved the way for black sports announcers/hosts.

#RIPStu
As cool as the flip side of the pillow

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good article about how the Thunder and Spurs are planning to navigate the aprons. All of the picks are the key.

The 2nd apron is quickly becoming as big of a myth as how QB contracts in the NFL screw up a teams cap.

More than half the league is already over the 2nd apron heading into next season. The reason for that is multiple but mainly breaks down to a couple of things:

1) NBA teams are going to take in WAY more revenue the next couple of years than they are used to. So teams even in the apron level might not be paying out less of a percentage of their revenue that what they are already used to.

2) The salary cap is going to jump by 10% every year for the next 4 or 5 years at least. A players salary can only jump by 8%. Meaning there is a significant advantage to signing a player long term right now. Its why everyone and their mom is getting a long term deals. A max player who signs his contract like Tyrese Maxey just did, while being a 25% of the cap player, will actually cost almost $5m a year less in 28/29 than a player like Chet Holmgren who will have just inked his 25% deal even though in theory they are both supposed to be raking in 25% of the cap.

3) And with the cap jumping so much of course, it means the apron jumps with it. Meaning any team in the 2nd apron range now, will likely be WAY short of it just two offseasons from now when the 2nd apron will be $30M more than it is today.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than half the league is already over the 1st apron heading into next season. The reason for that is multiple but mainly breaks down to a couple of things:

That is what meant to say.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd apron is quickly becoming as big of a myth as how QB contracts in the NFL screw up a teams cap.

More than half the league is already over the 2nd apron heading into next season. The reason for that is multiple but mainly breaks down to a couple of things:

1) NBA teams are going to take in WAY more revenue the next couple of years than they are used to. So teams even in the apron level might not be paying out less of a percentage of their revenue that what they are already used to.

2) The salary cap is going to jump by 10% every year for the next 4 or 5 years at least. A players salary can only jump by 8%. Meaning there is a significant advantage to signing a player long term right now. Its why everyone and their mom is getting a long term deals. A max player who signs his contract like Tyrese Maxey just did, while being a 25% of the cap player, will actually cost almost $5m a year less in 28/29 than a player like Chet Holmgren who will have just inked his 25% deal even though in theory they are both supposed to be raking in 25% of the cap.

3) And with the cap jumping so much of course, it means the apron jumps with it. Meaning any team in the 2nd apron range now, will likely be WAY short of it just two offseasons from now when the 2nd apron will be $30M more than it is today.

It’ didn’t this year

That’s half the problem

Idk how it didn’t automatically go up 10% with how much smoothing fucked the players last year too