• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he’ll recite 10 Hail Mary’s and then straight back into the action. Even with his aggressiveness, it’s still entertaining
No question, he's one of my favorite posters. We've been losing some good ones lately from here and the PF (or both, like funbags)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets put it this way, apples to apples.

Cam is a much better shooter. Like I said. You can disagree, I don’t think many would say it is crazy though

Yes, Cam is more expensive. $23M. Okoro I would guess his agent is looking for a raise maybe $14-$16M. Fair? His QO was $11.8M.

Okoro improved a lot but he also only shot 3 threes per game. Like I said, huge difference when you attempt twice as much.

For $7-8M more a year I think Cam would be a perfect fit. In this scenario, Niang gets traded too.

Another factor, Okoro disappeared in the playoffs two straight seasons. Cam has played well in the playoffs. In fact he was the Nets best player two seasons ago and shot nearly 45% from 3 on seven attempts.

I think you are vastly underestimating Cam’d ability to shoot. I think he is also better at creating his own shot than Okoro.

If they can’t get Cam, I am fine with keeping Okoro. Excellent defender and hope his ceiling his higher offensively bc he is young but I am not sure about that.

What I said originally was, “he was a much shooter”. And you seemed to deny that and now talking about defense.

So you don’t think he is a big upgrade as a shooter?
apples to apples and age 23 season he's not even a better shooter let along much better. I disagree because the info i offered was not opinion. Even at his age 24 season, Johnson was not shooting 3s as well as Okoro is at age 23 (or even 22). Yes, he did make a huge leap at age 25 but Okoro is 2 years from his age 25 season.......as to what Okoro gets? No idea,but my guess is they are at least asking for a lot more than $14-16 mil. Getting that is another story, though. .......agree didn't take a lot of 3s and why I said his next step is still make in the 39% range while taking a lot more (or at least 2-3 more per game).

as I said, I would not mind the deal if we made it but it's not crazy to think a guy with an incredibly work ethic and only 23 could not make the same type of leap Cam did as a shooter by his age 25 season.....and he does not even need to make that type of jump as he is also an elite defender.

I can agree Cam has shot well in the playoffs in most series with a clunker or 2....he was also drafted to be a shooter, but that's another factually incorrect comment to say Okoro disappeared in playoffs 2 straight years. Heck, could argue other than 1 game in his first playoff vs. NY he was one of the few or only one to bring it in the other games. Even with that 1 bad game, the kid was 11-23 from 3. Might want to take that back.

and to answer that question again...no, I'm not so sure he's a big upgrade as a shooter when we look at the entire picture. Especially if we don';t make things up about Okoro that are not true. an upgrade....likely, but don't think the pretty big age difference should be dismissed.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he’ll recite 10 Hail Mary’s and then straight back into the action. Even with his aggressiveness, it’s still entertaining
As his older, better looking big brother on here I shall advise him to tone back the aggressive behavior.

It's the least I can do.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings were a middle of the pack defense last season

I don't know why everyone on here is all of sudden acting like Harrison Barnes is the best defensive player to ever play the game of basketball and because they traded him, that means they are going from middle of the pack to last

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an ordained minister and his spiritual advisor, he should definitely be less
Of a dick
Pretty sure he's all in on the Pope and company spiritually

I just wonder if he won't stay away out of spite

Just tried to @ him though and it still doesn't work, so not sure what @DJ was talking about

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an ordained minister and his spiritual advisor, he should definitely be less
Of a dick
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fightin' needs to come back.

I'm betting on Summer League games, need him to talk me away from the ledge.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fightin' needs to come back.

I'm betting on Summer League games, need him to talk me away from the ledge.
He hasn't been allowed back yet and that's bullshit, because what he got banned for is far less egregious than what PIBuckeye did and he was only out a week I think.