• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a matchup thing and the Thunder just didn’t need what Giddey brings. Make a list of 6 9 guys that can push and pass like Giddey. It may have one name on it.

Matchup as in he was getting roasted defensively

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking love that Caruso deal for the Thunder. Giddey is nothing more than a replacement levels starter. Fine enough but nothing special. To turn him into a very good defensive guard without giving up picks on top of having all kinds of cap room left (and picks) to bring in other guards if needed is a grand slam. Sam Presti masterclass.

And a typical Chicago Bulls disaster class. Had multiple offers for Caruso the last couple of years, reportedly some offering multiple picks, and all they get for him is Giddey.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more upset about the Redick hire as it pertains to losing an excellent analyst than anything else. He and Tim Legler are basically the only guys you see on TV talking Xs and Os, actually trying to teach people the game and educate the audience about what's going on. Redick was great on TV and his podcast with Lebron was really good. There's some other fan and basketball nerd podcasts out there that do film breakdowns, but its rare to get it from actual players. I'm gonna miss that. NBA media could use more of it.

Coaching wise, Redick has the make up to be a good coach. He's incredibly smart and seems to have the temperament you need for the workload. I'm just hesitant that he's the right coach for the Lakers right now with where they are as a franchise. He'd be better served on a Detroit or some up and coming team imo than on a team that's always "championship or bust" (whether its realistic or not) and with aging stars. They really need to nail the assistants. And for the sake of franchise stability, they'd probably be best served to let him serve out the full 4 years of the contract barring something drastic like him being absolutely dreadful.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago is attempting to compete today it makes no sense, if they are thinking rebuild the trade is exactly what they need. A bet on a 21 year Olds high potential over the 30 year old that is ready to win now.

They needed draft picks

Lots of draft Capital

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wildturkey I heard Legs will replace Redick on ESPN games next season.

He damn well better. I noticed they had him calling some late season games and thought that's why, preparing him for the role. But Legs' contract expires this summer. NBC or Amazon could poach him

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He damn well better. I noticed they had him calling some late season games and thought that's why, preparing him for the role. But Legs' contract expires this summer. NBC or Amazon could poach him
As long as Legs has been at ESPN?

I bet they keep him. And Legs strikes me as the loyal type.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for certain, this is a win now move by Presti

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a matchup thing and the Thunder just didn’t need what Giddey brings. Make a list of 6 9 guys that can push and pass like Giddey. It may have one name on it.
Ben Simmons, Luka Doncic for starters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more upset about the Redick hire as it pertains to losing an excellent analyst than anything else. He and Tim Legler are basically the only guys you see on TV talking Xs and Os, actually trying to teach people the game and educate the audience about what's going on. Redick was great on TV and his podcast with Lebron was really good. There's some other fan and basketball nerd podcasts out there that do film breakdowns, but its rare to get it from actual players. I'm gonna miss that. NBA media could use more of it.

Coaching wise, Redick has the make up to be a good coach. He's incredibly smart and seems to have the temperament you need for the workload. I'm just hesitant that he's the right coach for the Lakers right now with where they are as a franchise. He'd be better served on a Detroit or some up and coming team imo than on a team that's always "championship or bust" (whether its realistic or not) and with aging stars. They really need to nail the assistants. And for the sake of franchise stability, they'd probably be best served to let him serve out the full 4 years of the contract barring something drastic like him being absolutely dreadful.

100% agree on the bold, especially the let him serve out the 4 full years part. If he nails the assistant hires, he should be fine and he should have the full support of Lebron and AD which should help.

In a couple of years Lebron and maybe AD will be gone and assuming he works out, can be the coach for several/many more years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed draft picks

Lots of draft Capital
It looks like they are rebuilding with Derozan but didn’t acquire any picks. I don’t get it. They aren’t contending. They are in that middle ground. Play-in territory