• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness (and I want to vomit) the Cavs is the better job.
Is it though? They expect to compete for a championship. Pistons would be ecstatic to sniff the play-in. Which is the actual easier path to perceived success?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did answer your question.

It isn’t relevant.

I judge elite coaches on the playoffs.

End of story.
as I thought....wont answer.

Maybe you can answer why you think Borrego wont work out since he's never really had a playoff caliber roster or does that scare you, too?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it though? They expect to compete for a championship. Pistons would be ecstatic to sniff the play-in. Which is the actual easier path to perceived success?
Easier path to success? That hasn't happened for Detoit for awhile now so it is a revolving door. Maybe it changes with Langdon. That makes the Detroit job better bc you think there is more security? Which really hasn't been the case of late. Right now the Cavs job is better no doubt.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I thought....wont answer.

Maybe you can answer why you think Borrego wont work out since he's never really had a playoff caliber roster or does that scare you, too?

I didn’t ever say anything about Borrego not working out.

He could be a good coach too.

You are trying really hard to start an argument about nothing. You love putting words in peoples mouths.

I think Reddick has a chance to be really good. That is the only potential coach I have offered any sort of opinion on.

And since elite coaches are incredibly rare, I am assuming that anyone else who has held a head job elsewhere probably isn’t going to be elite.

Now I am done talking to you about this.

Want to to round and round in circles?

Find somebody else.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier path to success? That hasn't happened for Detoit for awhile now so it is a revolving door. Maybe it changes with Langdon. That makes the Detroit job better bc you think there is more security? Which really hasn't been the case of late. Right now the Cavs job is better no doubt.

Depends on what you're looking for as a coach, imo. Cleveland is set up to win sooner and young enough to win for a few years. A coach would be taking over a team where the rebuild is mostly done and now it's about players developing and tweaks.

Detroit is in the early stages...so a coach would have a good bit more impact on how that's accomplished.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t ever say anything about Borrego not working out.

He could be a good coach too.

You are trying really hard to start an argument about nothing. You love putting words in peoples mouths.

I think Reddick has a chance to be really good. That is the only potential coach I have offered any sort of opinion on.

And since elite coaches are incredibly rare, I am assuming that anyone else who has held a head job elsewhere probably isn’t going to be elite.

Now I am done talking to you about this.

Want to to round and round in circles?

Find somebody else.
Haha...putting words in mouths like when you said "take Borrego in Cleveland" who I never said was my choice?

you also called all the retreads mediocre or guys "you know to be average". You didn't offer "any sort of opinion" on anyone other than JJ? you did say this...."Borrego just seems like a meh option. Lakers need a home run, not a slightly above average coach."

It would be nice if you could remember the words that came out of your mouth and not accuse me of putting words in your mouth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...putting words in mouths like when you said "take Borrego in Cleveland" who I never said was my choice?

you also called all the retreads mediocre or guys "you know to be average". You didn't offer "any sort of opinion" on anyone other than JJ? you did say this...."Borrego just seems like a meh option. Lakers need a home run, not a slightly above average coach."

It would be nice if you could remember the words that came out of your mouth and not accuse me of putting words in your mouth.

You keep posting about him.

You obviously like him.

Almost everybody is meh. Made that clear

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep posting about him.

You obviously like him.

Almost everybody is meh. Made that clear
I replied to others who mention him and, yes, he does seem to be among the finalists for my team. why would mentioning him mean I like him when I've never said he's my choice. By this "logic" you have made many comments about him so I guess it means you like him?

Are you now saying offering an opinion that everyone is meh means you aren't offering an opinion on anyone?

You are all over the place, my friend, but at least DJ should come to your aide at some point.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before, job security has never been a thing in Detroit. Outside of Chuck Daly, only Casey has made it 5 years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I replied to others who mention him and, yes, he does seem to be among the finalists for my team. why would mentioning him mean I like him when I've never said he's my choice. By this "logic" you have made many comments about him so I guess it means you like him?

Are you now saying offering an opinion that everyone is meh means you aren't offering an opinion on anyone?

You are all over the place, my friend, but at least DJ should come to your aide at some point.

I like Reddick.

The end.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Reddick.

The end.
Cool. should have tried this approach earlier instead of saying you didn't offer opinions when you did.......instead of saying I put words in your mouth and putting words in my mouth......instead of saying I must love Borrego because of all the comments about him. And apparently forgetting this logic and all your Borrego comments would then mean you must love him.

Keep it simple next time, I guess.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would take Paul. Not Klay who is at the OKC Carmelo Anthony portion of his career where he still thinks he is a 1 or 2 and he's like a 5 at best.
He no longer thinks that, he evolved this past year. He was great once he accepted his role.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, he'd probably be a 1 or 2 on the Pistons

I think Paul is pretty much at that point in his career as well. But he could still coach for Monty.
Paul is also aware of his status, was terrific leading the 2nd unit for the Ws. Both players will be good contributors wherever they end up.