• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Lions season thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alim got paid. 4 year extension. 55 million guaranteed, near 100 total.

Glad he will be around long term
Great news. He looked fully recovered from his injury too. He was flying around Sunday.

Scary to see a guy that size that can move that fast. I almost felt sorry for Dak.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed about Hutchinson, but I’ll be wearing his jersey at the game Sunday. Last year there was a pretty good Lions contingent in the stadium. I’m hoping to hear “Let’s go Lions!” like we’re heard during the Dallas game. This should be an excellent performance.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed about Hutchinson, but I’ll be wearing his jersey at the game Sunday. Last year there was a pretty good Lions contingent in the stadium. I’m hoping to hear “Let’s go Lions!” like we’re heard during the Dallas game. This should be an excellent performance.
Hutch has an outside chance to come back for the SB and possibly even the NFC championship but its a real long shot. Should be back for training camp next year easily.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was concerned when Detroit lined up for the first punt, thinking “this would be a stupid time to fake it.” The stadium was loud throughout the game, but after the first quarter the Lions seemed to shrug it off and just looked in control. Thrilling ending - the place stayed full with nobody leaving early.

Lions fans were well represented. In the corridors there were a number of times that the chant “Jerod Goff! Jerod Goff!” was heard, bef, dur and after the game. Detroit is lookin like they own the North.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameson Willoams suspended 2 games for performance enhancing drugs.

Dude can't get out of his own way

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has already announced he will not fight the suspension. But that he's in good spirits....

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameson Willoams suspended 2 games for performance enhancing drugs.

Dude can't get out of his own way
At least one of those games is Tennessee. Will suck that he will miss the GB game though.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was concerned when Detroit lined up for the first punt, thinking “this would be a stupid time to fake it.” The stadium was loud throughout the game, but after the first quarter the Lions seemed to shrug it off and just looked in control. Thrilling ending - the place stayed full with nobody leaving early.

Lions fans were well represented. In the corridors there were a number of times that the chant “Jerod Goff! Jerod Goff!” was heard, bef, dur and after the game. Detroit is lookin like they own the North.

I am concerned with the lack of pass rush. That wont fly vs GB in 2 weeks. We might be OK next week although even that is a classic "trap" game.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I question if he is really on PEDS. Wouldnt he be ragin?
Their PED policy is so extensive that I can't even begin to guess. But every suspension I've ever seen for actual PED's has been longer. Every time there's a small one or two game ban, it's for violating the policy.

What's annoying is we have to decide on his option soon and possible extension. The dude took 3 years to learn the playback. He's been suspended for gambling policy and PED policy. He's obviously dumb as a rock, and hard to count on. But we already put up with all his shit, do we really let him walk away now that he has value?

It's also annoying that we knew going into the off-season that pass rushing DE and #3 WR were among our top 2-3 biggest needs. They ignored it and it's gonna bite them in the ass.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their PED policy is so extensive that I can't even begin to guess. But every suspension I've ever seen for actual PED's has been longer. Every time there's a small one or two game ban, it's for violating the policy.

What's annoying is we have to decide on his option soon and possible extension. The dude took 3 years to learn the playback. He's been suspended for gambling policy and PED policy. He's obviously dumb as a rock, and hard to count on. But we already put up with all his shit, do we really let him walk away now that he has value?

It's also annoying that we knew going into the off-season that pass rushing DE and #3 WR were among our top 2-3 biggest needs. They ignored it and it's gonna bite them in the ass.
He is a legit #2 now and adds something we can't come close to replicating unless we start lining Gibbs up wide.

We have to resign him, but it should absolutely be at a discount at this point.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they knew Kalif was good to go so they decided not to go crazy. Kalif is a lesser version of Jammo. They also got Patrick who filled the big WR role better than anyone else we could have gotton. LaPorta also factors into that because he is such a good receiving option.

I wanted to keep Gabe Evans (and reduce the TEs) as well which would have come in handy this week and next.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently teams that play the Lions this year lose the following week. Could just be coincidence, or perhaps the Lions are playing a physical game that others take longer to recover from. Talk about a secret weapon!

This week could be a double dip. Vikes play tonight (short week) while the ’Boys had a bye week. If both lose, the likelihood it’s a coincidence would seem to be diminishing. And the value of a Lions’ victory increases greatly!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently teams that play the Lions this year lose the following week. Could just be coincidence, or perhaps the Lions are playing a physical game that others take longer to recover from. Talk about a secret weapon!

This week could be a double dip. Vikes play tonight (short week) while the ’Boys had a bye week. If both lose, the likelihood it’s a coincidence would seem to be diminishing. And the value of a Lions’ victory increases greatly!
Great call. i was thinking that too. Vikes looked a little tired last night.