• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A look into the new normal (2024 CFB Regular Season thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9- Good and Bad

There actually wasn't a real "nutso" game this week. So to recap this week, we go straight to the "Good/Bad" segment. And trust me, there is a LOT of both:

It Was a Good Week for:
Texas A&M (WHOA! Texas A&M just keeps on winning, as they won their "main-event" game against LSU 38-23. And where the hell did Marcel Reed come from for A&M? He was a true maestro in the 2nd half for the Aggies.)
Jimari Butler (Huh. Nebraska didn't get killed by Ohio State as I feared they would. And this defensive back for Nebraska did his part to help reverse fate, as he got a sack and 3 TFL's on the field.)
Colston Loveland (This Michigan WR caught 2 TD passes [and a 2-point conversion] to help take down the Spartans. It's about time that Michigan's offense got a spark!)
Indiana (Yay! The good times continue to roll for the Hoosiers, as they defeated Washington to get to 8-0. And the city of Bloomington also honored Lee Corso yesterday, so it's all good here.)
Tulsa (Tulsa won the best "under-the-radar" game of the week, as they rallied in the 4th to stun UTSA 46-45.)
Akron (I had to point this one out; Akron got their 1st win over an FBS team this year, as they upset Eastern Michigan 25-21.)

It Was a Bad Week for:
Duke (So despite Duke forcing SMU's new QB [Kevin Jennings] into making 5 turnovers, they STILL lost to the Mustangs in OT? Man, that's gotta be heartbreaking for them.)
Kyle McCord (...I still remember that 5-INT horror show Kyle put on last Thursday, with 3 of those INT's going for touchdowns in the 1st half.)
Northern Illinois (So Notre Dame has completely forgotten about the Huskies, as they smashed Navy without a second thought. And NIU just lost to rival Ball State to drop to 1-3 in the MAC-
Wait. Northern Illinois is now 1-3 in their own league. I ask again: WHY CAN'T THESE GUYS GET ANY CONSISTENCY?!)
Missouri (So Missouri got shut out by Alabama yesterday. Oh well, at least we can safely take the Tigers out of the SEC race now.)
Utah (These guys just lost to Houston. I thought they were gonna be a contender this year! Oh, and arch-rival BYU is still unbeaten. AND Utah State also won, too.)

And finally, don't get mad at Vanderbilt for their loss. I mean, they only lost by 3 to the mighty Longhorns; give them a break. Okay, I'll see ya'll later.