• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A look into the new normal (2024 CFB Regular Season thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7- Good and Bad

And with OSU/Oregon out of the way, let's get to the other things that were good (and bad) from Week 7!

It Was a Good Week for:
Fantastic Games (OSU/Oregon was just the headliner of a day of great games. Penn State fighting back to beat USC. Kansas State/Colorado. Alabama surviving a chaotic game against South Carolina. Tennessee digging deep to beat Florida. LSU stunning Ole Miss in OT. Pittsburgh getting to 6-0 on the year. Georgia Tech winning a shootout against North Carolina. Louisville scoring late to beat Virginia. Georgia Southern scoring 21 points in the 4th to top Marshall. ...Man, what a crazy week we had.)
The Purdue Cannon (Also a part of the madness was the "Purdue Cannon" game. Over in Champaign, we saw Illinois cough up a huge lead to Purdue, yet refused to quit as they won a 50-49 OT heartstopper.)
Vanderbilt (Hey! Vanderbilt managed to avoid a hangover from their Alabama win, as they won at rival Kentucky. Well done, 'Dores!)
Ethan O'Connor (This dude got a Pick-6 late in the 4th quarter, so that his Washington State Cougars can win at Fresno State.)
Western Michigan (It may have taken 9 f---ing hours, but the Broncos were FINALLY able to beat Akron. And they also renamed the field after proud alum David Stafford in the process, so good for them.)

It Was a Bad Week for:
Upsets (Despite all the chaos we saw yesterday, we actually didn't see that many upsets. Tennessee, Alabama, Penn State, and Georgia [all in the Top 10] all survived scares. Ohio State WAS playing in Eugene against the #3 team in the land, so their loss wasn't an upset. And Ole Miss's loss to LSU? I actually predicted it to happen.)
Upset picks in the Big 12 (On that note, my wild pick of West Virginia beating Iowa State failed. Oh, and I picked the wrong Arizona team to get the win, as Arizona lost to BYU while Arizona State stuns Utah.)
Colorado (Poor Deion. His team lost last night, but it wasn't his fault; Kansas State just wanted it more. Oh, and his star player Travis Hunter is out with a shoulder injury.)
UTSA (Oh! Here's a crazy finish that almost slipped by me; Rice scored a TD with seconds left to knock the Roadrunners down to 2-4. Oh, UTSA, how far you've fallen.)
UAB (Called it! I said UAB had no chance to stop the mighty Black Knights, and they got stomped 44-10. Uh, Trent Dilfer? Maybe you should stop being an head coach, 'cause I don't think it's working for you.)

Oh, and I think it's time for me to start checking out the FCS and see what they're up to. Will I have some FCS games on a list next week? Stay tuned!