• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason...Free Agency & Draft. How do you fill the holes?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry just can't STFU. He outright asks McClay where Mazi was ranked. McClay gives the politically correct response of "he was on the board and in a position for us to pick at 26" and Jerry comes back immediately with "he was 14". He just can't help himself. That serves no purpose other than him trying to cut off any criticism about us not taking the BPA when we were on the clock. He is just too sensitive to what is said around him like when he showed our draft board last year because the pick was questioned.
100% right, Jerry is a glorified used car salesman. He has good people in place now, he just needs to shut up, stay out of the way and sign the checks. But that's been the case since Jimmy left

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always seems the guys I like who drop on day 1 go really early on day 2. Here are some of the ones I'd like and maybe one falls:

Drew Sanders LB My top choice overall at this point
Porter CB not a need but Gilmore old and Diggs not yet signed and Bland looked great but still a little of an unknown what he'll be
Mayer TE walk in day 1 starter
Torrence OG My top OL choice left and whether it's this year or next year we need one badly
Levis QB - I get most will hate this but the cap space it could create if Dak has a tough year and he looks the part would be huge
Branch DB just a football player
Hyatt WR - I don't want a WR but I think he'd be a huge value if there and would allow us to move or move on from Gallup or Cooks
Musgrave/Darnell Washington TE - Don't like as much as the top 2, but think both are much better than anything we have currently
Avila OG
Tippmann C
Cody Mauch OG
Keion White Edge
Anton Harrison OL
Michael Schmitz C

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
They already have good running backs. I don't get taking one that high.
The pattern is teams draft good running backs high and it comes back to haunt them later. Either the RB holds out or gets worn down after 3 or 4 seasons

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Quinn can get the best out of Mazi the pick makes sense. The Run defense was a big reason they lost to the Niners the past two playoff games. Possibly taken to early,but I doubt he would have been there in the 2nd round. Is he really 323 pounds? He looked bigger at Michigan. Maybe he dropped 20 pounds for the combine?

Also nothing new for McCarthy. No TE drafted in 1st round while he was there. But the Packers drafted some big DT in the 1st round while McCarthy was there.

I am good with the pick. All the guys I really wanted were long gone. Solid pick

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always seems the guys I like who drop on day 1 go really early on day 2. Here are some of the ones I'd like and maybe one falls:

Drew Sanders LB My top choice overall at this point
Porter CB not a need but Gilmore old and Diggs not yet signed and Bland looked great but still a little of an unknown what he'll be
Mayer TE walk in day 1 starter
Torrence OG My top OL choice left and whether it's this year or next year we need one badly
Levis QB - I get most will hate this but the cap space it could create if Dak has a tough year and he looks the part would be huge
Branch DB just a football player
Hyatt WR - I don't want a WR but I think he'd be a huge value if there and would allow us to move or move on from Gallup or Cooks
Musgrave/Darnell Washington TE - Don't like as much as the top 2, but think both are much better than anything we have currently
Avila OG
Tippmann C
Cody Mauch OG
Keion White Edge
Anton Harrison OL
Michael Schmitz C
I hope the Cowboys trade up and get one of these players. Need a guard badly I prefer Torrence over Avila. By a long ways. Cowboys need to be aggressive tonight.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the post pick presser. Loved that McCarthy came out right away and just spoke about how they want to improve the run defense
I agree. The Cowboys were good last year. There were 2 NFC teams that were just a little better, SF and Philly. Both of those teams run the football. This pick along with resigning Hankins, LVE and Dono Wilson shows the club knows where they need to improve

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone explain to me why he doesn't look 40plus lbs heavier than Osi? He looks like a DE

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get some weapons for Dak. I’m tired of the excuses that are made for him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone explain to me why he doesn't look 40plus lbs heavier than Osi? He looks like a DE

Mazi looked larger at Michigan., He may have lost 15 pounds to get ready for combine I think he was 337 at Michigan

I am going to trust Quinn on this pick. I like the pick.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get some weapons for Dak. I’m tired of the excuses that are made for him.
Could use a new weapon for Dak and could use a guard to if nothing else deal with the Eagles front.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has a very very good OL until Tyron goes down if Steele is healthy and hopefully a good OL even after Tyron gets hurt. He has a borderline All Pro WR and two other good WRs and a RB who played at an All Pro level last year. We aren't great at TE but the kids look promising as a group to at least approach league average. Point being, Dak has plenty of weapons and lack of weapons will have nothing to do with whether he plays well or not. Those making excuses for him will just make a different excuse like the interceptions weren't his fault which was big on social media all season ignoring the many more passes he threw that could have been interceptions. I'm done waiting for him to put this team on his shoulders if he makes the same poor decisions and poor throws this year as last year. BUT, I'm honeslty expecting better from him because I've seen it before and I think he can/will be better this year. One thing he has had is a lot of injuries and even when he played he has played injured a lot. I think we see a better Dak in 2023 than 2022. Hopefully I'm right

As far as the draft goes and the Offense I hope we add both a TE and an OG or Center or really any OL since we can move Tyler around if need be. I think those moves make us a much better team if the players pan out

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mazi pick could be similar to the Frederick pick. Real potential for Mazi to do significant damage. Very quick for his size. . He is very strong is what stands out. This is exactly what we needed for run defense. Quinn got somebody he can mold into a good player. I like the pick more now than last night. And I liked it last night. About time

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 pick and hair is already on fire

that fucking prescott
and if not him
that fucking McCarthy