• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Draft

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make a motion..............................

The 2023 NFL Draft is over.

I propose that we let the sleeping dog lie and compare our notes on April 25, 2024.

Then we can bitch with some authority about the players taken and the players passed by.

No sense in trying to make a point about any of these guys until they have a year under their belts in the league and we have a year of observing them under ours.

ALL IN FAVOR????

Aye
giphy (5).gif

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is speeding up our offense going to slow down an other team’s offense? Gonzalez has world class speed to cover wr’s. Mapu is a fast LB to stick with those TE’s.

We got the drafts fastest wr and rb last year. How did that do us any good?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is speeding up our offense going to slow down an other team’s offense? Gonzalez has world class speed to cover wr’s. Mapu is a fast LB to stick with those TE’s.

We got the drafts fastest wr and rb last year. How did that do us any good?
They were good not great rookies in a tough situation. Give them a year!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you feel with the offseason acquisitions the Pats are better than they were last year as it relates to where they will finish in the division? I still feel the Bills are the beast of the East, the Phins with a healthy Tua are very dynamic so the question for me becomes the JESTS. Have they done enough to put the Pats in the cellar?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you feel with the offseason acquisitions the Pats are better than they were last year as it relates to where they will finish in the division? I still feel the Bills are the beast of the East, the Phins with a healthy Tua are very dynamic so the question for me becomes the JESTS. Have they done enough to put the Pats in the cellar?
We are way better this year. Combination of many factors including 3 phases of the game, coaching and better plan.
It will be a grind with this schedule but same scedule for all AFCE teams.
Dolphins have not fixed O-line and team will have key injuries again.
Bills window is open but team not getting better.
Jets gonna Jets.

This team is capable of 1st in division - or last. Coaches need to plan wisely and get the most out of what could be future stars. A little luck would not hurt.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are way better this year. Combination of many factors including 3 phases of the game, coaching and better plan.
It will be a grind with this schedule but same scedule for all AFCE teams.
Dolphins have not fixed O-line and team will have key injuries again.
Bills window is open but team not getting better.
Jets gonna Jets.

This team is capable of 1st in division - or last. Coaches need to plan wisely and get the most out of what could be future stars. A little luck would not hurt.....
Well thanks for the bold prediction.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel that the subtraction of Matty P and and the addition of BOB and Klemm is going to be significantly significant. I feel that with an even AVERAGE offense last season we would've won a few more games and been in the playoffs.

This year the offense will be at least average or hopefully better, maybe even much better. JuJu is a solid addition IMO.

The defense should be at least as good as last year, hopefully even better. Lot's of young blood trying to make names for themselves.

Special teams should be better especially if Joe Judge has a bigger hand in it. Obviously kicker and punter are currently a mystery but considering the draft capital Bill used on them they should be solid.

The Bills missed their Super Bowl window while the Pats were rebuilding. Jets remain the Jets with a little swagger but not enough to do anything. Rodgers retires in shame at the end of the season. The Dolphins are the biggest challenge but ultimately the Pats go back to where they belong at the top of the division.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that the subtraction of Matty P and and the addition of BOB and Klemm is going to be significantly significant. I feel that with an even AVERAGE offense last season we would've won a few more games and been in the playoffs.

This year the offense will be at least average or hopefully better, maybe even much better. JuJu is a solid addition IMO.

The defense should be at least as good as last year, hopefully even better. Lot's of young blood trying to make names for themselves.

Special teams should be better especially if Joe Judge has a bigger hand in it. Obviously kicker and punter are currently a mystery but considering the draft capital Bill used on them they should be solid.

The Bills missed their Super Bowl window while the Pats were rebuilding. Jets remain the Jets with a little swagger but not enough to do anything. Rodgers retires in shame at the end of the season. The Dolphins are the biggest challenge but ultimately the Pats go back to where they belong at the top of the division.
I can see this.

If BOB can get his plan in operation and I do think MAC is a smart QB we could average 7 to 10 points more per game. Our Red Zone (RZ) play last year was horrible, worst I have seen in 25 years. That has to be a point of emphasis.

The defense should be better, faster, and more effective. I feel the seondary should be good but tackling in the box or the zone of the front 7 may still be an issue.

STs I am very wait and see on I call this a wash

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this.

If BOB can get his plan in operation and I do think MAC is a smart QB we could average 7 to 10 points more per game. Our Red Zone (RZ) play last year was horrible, worst I have seen in 25 years. That has to be a point of emphasis.

The defense should be better, faster, and more effective. I feel the seondary should be good but tackling in the box or the zone of the front 7 may still be an issue.

STs I am very wait and see on I call this a wash
Red zone play was terrible - agreed.
Defense could be better without improvement - offense let the defense down - ST's did too.
Special teams should be much better - can't be worse! We were last!!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can see, the team still doesn't have the WRs that can get consistent separation. BOB will have to come up with some very unique pick plays right at the line of scrimmage that will loosen the defense. All the Patriots' wide receivers will need is a step away a few cuts that force the secondary to grab a shirt. Remember the the Chiefs secondary from 2015-2020? They grabbed all year and then got called in the playoffs because it was gigantic national television. get couple of those calls and will force the defense to play as tight as possible. Wrinkle the route and hope Mac can deliver the loaf.

I called for 6-11. If Klemm can get just a 10% improvement in pass blocking, I'm willing to move up to 8-9. Unless the division is completely injury riddled The Ptriots will finish last. And that's okay as long as they can show offensive improvement. If Mac shits the bed, 2024 is going to be miserable unless Zappe is what he showed last year and can turn the offense into a winner. All told,if mac doesn't take a step forward, we will all be screaming for a new QB in the 2024 draft.

IF, big IF this team improves 10% overall, then 9-8 is not out of the question. But there are a lot of ifs.

Bills. Didn't do much of anything and their windows is starting to close.
Dolphins. They've made some significant improvement, especially defense. They might displace the Bills.
Jets. They went big for AR. AR had two games in 2022 passing over 250 yards. Don't know if the OL is improved, so AR may be another injury waiting to happen.

Don't be surprised.

Dolphins 12-5
Bills 12-5
Patriots 9-8
Jests 7-10

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can see, the team still doesn't have the WRs that can get consistent separation. BOB will have to come up with some very unique pick plays right at the line of scrimmage that will loosen the defense. All the Patriots' wide receivers will need is a step away a few cuts that force the secondary to grab a shirt. Remember the the Chiefs secondary from 2015-2020? They grabbed all year and then got called in the playoffs because it was gigantic national television. get couple of those calls and will force the defense to play as tight as possible. Wrinkle the route and hope Mac can deliver the loaf.

I called for 6-11. If Klemm can get just a 10% improvement in pass blocking, I'm willing to move up to 8-9. Unless the division is completely injury riddled The Ptriots will finish last. And that's okay as long as they can show offensive improvement. If Mac shits the bed, 2024 is going to be miserable unless Zappe is what he showed last year and can turn the offense into a winner. All told,if mac doesn't take a step forward, we will all be screaming for a new QB in the 2024 draft.

IF, big IF this team improves 10% overall, then 9-8 is not out of the question. But there are a lot of ifs.

Bills. Didn't do much of anything and their windows is starting to close.
Dolphins. They've made some significant improvement, especially defense. They might displace the Bills.
Jets. They went big for AR. AR had two games in 2022 passing over 250 yards. Don't know if the OL is improved, so AR may be another injury waiting to happen.

Don't be surprised.

Dolphins 12-5
Bills 12-5
Patriots 9-8
Jests 7-10
If Thornton pans out that is real speed, and the two we just drafted have real speed I want to see how BOB can bring them into the mix. "Hey BOB don't get caught up with the VET names".