• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Draft

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can see, the team still doesn't have the WRs that can get consistent separation. BOB will have to come up with some very unique pick plays right at the line of scrimmage that will loosen the defense. All the Patriots' wide receivers will need is a step away a few cuts that force the secondary to grab a shirt. Remember the the Chiefs secondary from 2015-2020? They grabbed all year and then got called in the playoffs because it was gigantic national television. get couple of those calls and will force the defense to play as tight as possible. Wrinkle the route and hope Mac can deliver the loaf.

I called for 6-11. If Klemm can get just a 10% improvement in pass blocking, I'm willing to move up to 8-9. Unless the division is completely injury riddled The Ptriots will finish last. And that's okay as long as they can show offensive improvement. If Mac shits the bed, 2024 is going to be miserable unless Zappe is what he showed last year and can turn the offense into a winner. All told,if mac doesn't take a step forward, we will all be screaming for a new QB in the 2024 draft.

IF, big IF this team improves 10% overall, then 9-8 is not out of the question. But there are a lot of ifs.

Bills. Didn't do much of anything and their windows is starting to close.
Dolphins. They've made some significant improvement, especially defense. They might displace the Bills.
Jets. They went big for AR. AR had two games in 2022 passing over 250 yards. Don't know if the OL is improved, so AR may be another injury waiting to happen.

Don't be surprised.

Dolphins 12-5
Bills 12-5
Patriots 9-8
Jests 7-10
A lot of the games lost last year were one score games that were lost in the final seconds
With even minutely better play from O Line, QB, D Line, ST, TE/WR and better play calling the pats pick up 3 wins.
Half the games they played, won or lost, they spotted the other team the entire first half before getting down to business.
If it all jells, they are in really good shape.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can see, the team still doesn't have the WRs that can get consistent separation. BOB will have to come up with some very unique pick plays right at the line of scrimmage that will loosen the defense. All the Patriots' wide receivers will need is a step away a few cuts that force the secondary to grab a shirt. Remember the the Chiefs secondary from 2015-2020? They grabbed all year and then got called in the playoffs because it was gigantic national television. get couple of those calls and will force the defense to play as tight as possible. Wrinkle the route and hope Mac can deliver the loaf.

I called for 6-11. If Klemm can get just a 10% improvement in pass blocking, I'm willing to move up to 8-9. Unless the division is completely injury riddled The Ptriots will finish last. And that's okay as long as they can show offensive improvement. If Mac shits the bed, 2024 is going to be miserable unless Zappe is what he showed last year and can turn the offense into a winner. All told,if mac doesn't take a step forward, we will all be screaming for a new QB in the 2024 draft.

IF, big IF this team improves 10% overall, then 9-8 is not out of the question. But there are a lot of ifs.

Dolphins. They've made some significant improvement, especially defense. They might displace the Bills.
Jets. They went big for AR. AR had two games in 2022 passing over 250 yards. Don't know if the OL is improved, so AR may be another injury waiting to happen.

Don't be surprised.

Dolphins 12-5
Bills 12-5
Patriots 9-8
Jests 7-10
Are you predicting that the Dolphins go 12-5?
Are you predicting 40 wins for AFCE with their brutal schedule?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be surprised.

Dolphins 12-5
Bills 12-5
Patriots 9-8
Jests 7-10

You're out of your mind. The Pats take the division.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Thornton pans out that is real speed, and the two we just drafted have real speed I want to see how BOB can bring them into the mix. "Hey BOB don't get caught up with the VET names".
Just a little better offensive game plan will make Mac, the O-line, and the receivers look massively better!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little better offensive game plan will make Mac, the O-line, and the receivers look massively better!

Honestly, this offense has potential with a legit OC and OL coach. Dare I say, other than Mac, the offense has the look of Brady led offenses where everybody was good but not great and made plays if they simply did their jobs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really coveted so much that another K was not taken until RD 6 pick 207? We took Ryland in Round 4 112. Not sure what you mean by coveted?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay that still does not support a lot of team coveted a K, but I do not want to argue this

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay that still does not support a lot of team coveted a K, but I do not want to argue this
Ghostkowski was a 4th round, pick 118. Was that a reach? 15 years of some pretty damn good kicking. Would you give up a 4th if you could guarentee a career close to that? I think we should take a wait and see approach.

Just between us, I'd give up a 2nd if I knew he could have that type of career. BB puts a premium on STs and rightly so in my opinion. After years of quality kicking, last year was sickening both kicker and punter. Easily two games lost. Probably more, I'm being generous.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghostkowski was a 4th round, pick 118. Was that a reach? 15 years of some pretty damn good kicking. Would you give up a 4th if you cod guarentee ula career close to that? I think we should take a wait and see approach.

Just between us, I'd give up a 2nd if I knew he could have that type of career. BB puts a premium on STs and rightly so in my opinion. After years of quality kicking, last year was sickening both kicker and punter. Easily two games lost. Probably more, I'm being generous.
I bolded the traps in your statement. If he works out the draft pick was worth it. If he does not it's a colossal fuck up. Would you flip a coin for those choices?

I'm not complaining about the pick because I never assess the value of one pick without considering the value of the entire draft (and even personnel action for that year). But I can't see a complete justification either. I'll wait to see our record this year and judge all actions then.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just read another review of the Pats draft while not a D this time it was a C-. The article stated the only thing that saved day three was Boutte. This of course is because we grabbed 3 O Linemen and K and P. The media and the experts seem to always want the glamour picks. The article also stated the last few drafts BB has grabbed players that people knew nothing about. Again this screams of the media looking for the glamour picks. Three IOL is a stretch followed by a K and P and of course people think the draft is bad. BB addresses the areas the team needs to improve and the media fails to see this. IMO

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First one signed tells me he is ready to go to work and prove he has what it takes.

He may be the steal of 2023.
He has all the talent and now he is getting away from a coach he did not click with.
It is hard for a young man to be coached by someone who does not know how to make best use of him.
Matt Patricia anyone?
I bet he is as happy as Mac for the changes.....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bolded the traps in your statement. If he works out the draft pick was worth it. If he does not it's a colossal fuck up. Would you flip a coin for those choices?

I'm not complaining about the pick because I never assess the value of one pick without considering the value of the entire draft (and even personnel action for that year). But I can't see a complete justification either. I'll wait to see our record this year and judge all actions then.

My opinion is it's a gamble you have to take. The Pats obviously felt good enough about him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are no different traps than saying we could've gotten him later.

No one knows for sure.

The draft is a coin flip.

What we do know is the kicking game was terrible. BB flipped this coin in the 4th.

My post was to all those critisizing the pick before he even arrived in Foxboro.

Easy to be an armchair GM.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to be an armchair GM.

You have to laugh when someone outside of a group says that a player was taken too early, or that a team's draft picks didn't match their needs or that a team's draft was a "D".

How many of this year's first round picks will be All-Pros? How many will not have their fifthy-ear option picked up after three years? If we've learned one thing, Bill Belichick has started or played a UDFA every year for the past 13 years. My guess is that Cunningham will be a player and make it 14 years in a row.

Now, we have to wait until September to see how good or bad our opinions are.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to laugh when someone outside of a group says that a player was taken too early, or that a team's draft picks didn't match their needs or that a team's draft was a "D".

How many of this year's first round picks will be All-Pros? How many will not have their fifthy-ear option picked up after three years? If we've learned one thing, Bill Belichick has started or played a UDFA every year for the past 13 years. My guess is that Cunningham will be a player and make it 14 years in a row.

Now, we have to wait until September to see how good or bad our opinions are.
Bill Belichick does not have to wait.
He is almost instantly criticized by pundits that never played nor coached.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is almost instantly criticized by pundits that never played nor coached.
Most often or not picking an "Expert's" favorite player or a player that they "know" is the guy that BB will take.

Of course, they were right six weeks into the season when someone BB passed on, has suddenly blossomed on a team that's playing the weakest schedule in the NFL.