• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Draft

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that the Head Coach of the KC Chiefs pretty much instructs all of the skill plyers to attend Patrick Mahomes' preseason twow-eek camp or face the consequences. So, tell me this. Who's paying for lodging and meals and field or stadium rental? Mahomes??. Since the team and coaches cannot attend or be there, because it would violate the CBA, who's organizing everything and actually doing the coaching for the newbies??

When Brady did it originally, he paid the freight and had guys in those weird, but cheap places. My guess is that Kraft reimbursed him. I also wonder if Breer might have opened a can of worms by mentioning Andy Reid handing over everything to Mahomes.
Wouldn't that be a violation of the CBA???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this because many of the posters in here don't get anything out of Boston. I don't know why, but I get NBCSports Boston and NESN here in palm Coast with DirecTV. I tape Sports Sunday and Boston Sports Tonight to get news and ignore Felger's opinions. More often than not, they have other people to keep the viewers' interest

The thing is that the Head Coach of the KC Chiefs pretty much instructs all of the skill plyers to attend Patrick Mahomes' preseason twow-eek camp or face the consequences. So, tell me this. Who's paying for lodging and meals and field or stadium rental? Mahomes??. Since the team and coaches cannot attend or be there, because it would violate the CBA, who's organizing everything and actually doing the coaching for the newbies??

When Brady did it originally, he paid the freight and had guys in those weird, but cheap places. My guess is that Kraft reimbursed him. I also wonder if Breer might have opened a can of worms by mentioning Andy Reid handing over everything to Mahomes.

I found the whole thing to be very interesting to say the least. And, I wonder if there will be any fallout?
no

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarnecchia:
“I don’t know what it says about what they have or what was available to them in the draft,” Scarnecchia said. “Other than they valued the interior guys more than whatever was left outside, (and) by the time they had gotten through the first and second rounds (that) was who they really liked and who they wanted. And now you’re into those mid rounds where tackles – tackles are always the ones that go first, maybe a center. But after that, then what was available to them are guys they had a nice value on, they picked them.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scarnecchia:
“I don’t know what it says about what they have or what was available to them in the draft,” Scarnecchia said. “Other than they valued the interior guys more than whatever was left outside, (and) by the time they had gotten through the first and second rounds (that) was who they really liked and who they wanted. And now you’re into those mid rounds where tackles – tackles are always the ones that go first, maybe a center. But after that, then what was available to them are guys they had a nice value on, they picked them.
Exactly there we not a lot of Tackles available at this point and the IOL guys had a higher value IMO

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly there we not a lot of Tackles available at this point and the IOL guys had a higher value IMO
How many of us knew during the draft that Mike Onwenu had off-season ankle surgery?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there are three rookies, 2 veteran tackles, two other guys leftover from 2022. All of them will be at the OTAs. As good as Owenue is, not showing up could cost him his job. Then again, what was the surgery? Bone repair? Tendon? Ligament? How serious was the injury and how much damage had to be repaired. Will the repair allow him back to 100% or will ankle be an ongoing problem that he'll never be able to overcome?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of us knew during the draft that Mike Onwenu had off-season ankle surgery?

Could be why BB went G heavy? Regardless this Oline will be better. It can't possibly be any worse.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be why BB went G heavy?
That was my point in asking that question.
Onwenu would be a big loss but one that might have happened anyway. This is a contract year for him.

I loved Onwenu from the draft pick.
I am philosophically against paying big contracts to teammates of a poorly performing team
It would be extremely important for Mike to perform well this year - and he probably will.
But after surgery, bolstering the guard positions became even more important.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isaiah Bolden 6'1" 195 lbs.
"After excelling as a special-teamer in college, the 23-year-old dazzled scouts by running a 4.33 40-yard dash at Jackson State's Pro Day. Yet, he remained on the Draft board until late Day 3 when New England selected him with pick No. 245."

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isaiah Bolden 6'1" 195 lbs.
"After excelling as a special-teamer in college, the 23-year-old dazzled scouts by running a 4.33 40-yard dash at Jackson State's Pro Day. Yet, he remained on the Draft board until late Day 3 when New England selected him with pick No. 245."
I didn't realize he was related to Brandon.

The secondary is stout.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden looks like Jonathan Jones when he came up.
Jones was undrafted, fastest player on the team, good height, etc. and green as f-----
Bill tought him the game! Maybe he can do the same with a very motivated Bolden?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolden looks like Jonathan Jones when he came up.
Jones was undrafted, fastest player on the team, good height, etc. and green as f-----
Bill tought him the game! Maybe he can do the same with a very motivated Bolden?
Dave Grohl Boom GIF by Foo Fighters