• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Murray is the main problem. I would focus more on slowing him down and let Jokic eat.

I can live with 14 from Porter, 7 from KCP, and 10 from Brown.

Gordon had too much due to the silly switches but Murray is the key. Much easier said than done though
Gordon had 12 points in the first 6 minutes just abusing Gabe Vincent.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

As long as there are games to be played, there's a chance.

When the Heat were up 3-0 on the Celtics, everyone had the Heat sweeping them and Mazulla fired.

After game 6, folks were talking about the Celtics becoming the first team to come back from 3-0 and I just read this morning that Mazulla will be retained.
Well if the Heat were better than the Nuggets I'd say its not over, but since they aren't close to being as good, I'm saying it's over. Hell it was over before it began.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idiots are showing out today
Let's say for the sake of argument that Denver wins the series in 5 games. It would make these comments pretty spot on. Is it so unlikely that Denver wins in 5? Even 6 makes most of these comments accurate.

You take this stuff so personally. It's not idiotic to look at the 2 teams and think one is better than the other.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say for the sake of argument that Denver wins the series in 5 games. It would make these comments pretty spot on. Is it so unlikely that Denver wins in 5? Even 6 makes most of these comments accurate.

You take this stuff so personally. It's not idiotic to look at the 2 teams and think one is better than the other.
The point is a home team doing what they supposed to do and hold serve in game 1 doesn't mean a series is over....this isn't march madness

Personally? I literally been saying the same shit on here for years. Go look back at the boston/hawks series game 1 when everyone on here did this same garbage and my comments were the same. Go look at suns/Nuggets game 1 and my comments were the same. You guys really look like casual fans who know nothing to continously come here after a home team win game 1 and declare a series is over/will be a sweep because a home team held serve in game 1 in a best of 7 series

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is a home team doing what they supposed to do and hold serve in game 1 doesn't mean a series is over....this isn't march madness

Personally? I literally been saying the same shit on here for years. Go look back at the boston/hawks series game 1 when everyone on here did this same garbage and my comments were the same. Go look at suns/Nuggets game 1 and my comments were the same. You guys really look like casual fans who know nothing to continously come here after a home team win game 1 and declare a series is over/will be a sweep because a home team held serve in game 1 in a best of 7 series
Missing my point again and taking it personally. Whatever dude.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing my point again and taking it personally. Whatever dude.
By saying a best of 7 series isn't over after game 1? Im taking it personally by saying home teams doing what they supposed to do in game 1 doesn't mean a series is over? You sound ridiculous as always

I took it personally when i said the same shit earlier in the playoffs involving teams i dont give a fuck about?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the series is over then simply dont watch. I don't watch shit that i think i already know the result of. It would be a waste of 7.5 hours on a sunday, Wednesday, and next friday as well. Find something better to do with your afternoon/ night

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By saying a best of 7 series isn't over after game 1? Im taking it personally by saying home teams doing what they supposed to do in game 1 doesn't mean a series is over? You sound ridiculous as always

I took it personally when i said the same shit earlier in the playoffs involving teams i dont give a fuck about?
No dude, you are taking it personally any time anyone says Denver is better and should win. This is not something that people waited to say after game 1. I know game 1 isn't the determining game. What does determine the winner is who is the better team in the series. Heat are the underdogs. That's not stupid to say, nor is it an attack on your team.

Is it impossible for Miami to win, of course not. Is it likely, especially after what we saw in game 1? No it isn't likely. You're getting all mad because some of us think Denver is going to win.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the series is over then simply dont watch. I don't watch shit that i think i already know the result of. It would be a waste of 7.5 hours on a sunday, Wednesday, and next friday as well. Find something better to do with your afternoon/ night
Not taking it personally ^^^^

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dude, you are taking it personally any time anyone says Denver is better and should win. This is not something that people waited to say after game 1. I know game 1 isn't the determining game. What does determine the winner is who is the better team in the series. Heat are the underdogs. That's not stupid to say, nor is it an attack on your team.

Is it impossible for Miami to win, of course not. Is it likely, especially after what we saw in game 1? No it isn't likely. You're getting all mad because some of us think Denver is going to win.
Lol i haven't said a word about people predicting denver to win. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU LYING ASS BITCH

I will always take issue with people running on here after the first game of any series acting like a series is over after 1 game but please show me where i took it personal when people on here predicted denver to win

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol i haven't said a word about people predicting denver to win. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU LYING ASS BITCH

I will always take issue with people running on here after the first game of any series acting like a series is over after 1 game but please show me where i took it personal when people on here predicted denver to win
Still not taking it personally ^^^

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not taking it personally ^^^
Show me where i said anything about posters predicting denver to win the series. You are a liar

@HurricaneDij39 got upset that the entire board wasn't predicting denver to win and all i said to that is it shouldn't be surprising since miami beat 2 teams that are better denver so once again please show me where i took it personal about people picking denver to win the series

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of people on this board making up lies then when asked to pull up where i said things, they have nothing

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking out for the people. I wouldn't want to spend a friday night in june at home for a series i think is over
Agreed! But should people not watch a series in a sport the like if they think one team is more likely to win?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Heat were better than the Nuggets I'd say its not over, but since they aren't close to being as good, I'm saying it's over. Hell it was over before it began.

On paper, the Heat aren't as good as the Celtics even if fully healthy and they were without their 3rd best player who is also their most consistent perimeter player. The Bucks were also considered better than the Heat.

Point is, the pressure of the playoffs and playing the same team for up to 7 games teams figure stuff out, make adjustments and some guys just don't respond as well as expected.

Should the Nuggets win? Yes

Should the serries go longer than 5 games? No

Does the answer to those questions mean anything after 1 game? No, not really.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just be the Homer in me, but as a Heat fan im not really all that worried. No one thought Miami was going to sweep Denver lol. So Denver won Game 1 at HOME at 5273ft higher then what Miami is used to. Miami coming off only 2 days rest from a very hard fought 7 game series and traveling and trying to get adjusted to that altitude. Strus shot 0-10, Martin shot 1-7, Ducan shot 1-6, Butler shot 6-14. Terrible nights for these guys. Miami went to the line ONLY 2 TIMES, Denver went 20, That alone is mind boggling!. Miami had 15 Fouls called on them compared to Denvers 8. All of this and Miami only lost by 11. Multiple times they cut big leads back down to single digits only to tire out and let them go on a run.

If Im Miami, Im feeling positive about our chances for Game 2, if Im Denver i might even be a little concerned that we only won by 11pts.

But again, im just a homer. :)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just be the Homer in me, but as a Heat fan im not really all that worried. No one thought Miami was going to sweep Denver lol. So Denver won Game 1 at HOME at 5273ft higher then what Miami is used to. Miami coming off only 2 days rest from a very hard fought 7 game series and traveling and trying to get adjusted to that altitude. Strus shot 0-10, Martin shot 1-7, Ducan shot 1-6, Butler shot 6-14. Terrible nights for these guys. Miami went to the line ONLY 2 TIMES, Denver went 20, That alone is mind boggling!. Miami had 15 Fouls called on them compared to Denvers 8. All of this and Miami only lost by 11. Multiple times they cut big leads back down to single digits only to tire out and let them go on a run.

If Im Miami, Im feeling positive about our chances for Game 2, if Im Denver i might even be a little concerned that we only won by 11pts.

But again, im just a homer. :)

Denver got another level they can get to as well.

They shot under 30% from 3