• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol i haven't said a word about people predicting denver to win. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU LYING ASS BITCH

I will always take issue with people running on here after the first game of any series acting like a series is over after 1 game but please show me where i took it personal when people on here predicted denver to win

Your posts are funny.

They are even funnier when I let your avatar deliver the words.

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the injury report this afternoon

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 is no pressure for the road team. If you win then amazing but if you lose? You get another crack to take hca in game 2. Watch the film and be better
I still think because of the altitude Denver at home in a series presents a unique dynamic. I said this before the Lakers series that the one to get is Game 2. Most other situations, I feel like the easier game for the road team to get is Game 1. I think teams need to adjust to what they will deal with when playing at that altitude. They have a better understanding of how to pace themselves for major minutes and how to better utilize their off minutes to recover and perform again at a high level.

But like I said the other night, the worrisome part is that Denver was never really threatened in this game and they actually played their B- or C+ level game based on what they’ve shown this season and in playoffs. Nuggets have much more to give.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think because of the altitude Denver at home in a series presents a unique dynamic. I said this before the Lakers series that the one to get is Game 2. Most other situations, I feel like the easier game for the road team to get is Game 1. I think teams need to adjust to what they will deal with when playing at that altitude. They have a better understanding of how to pace themselves for major minutes and how to better utilize their off minutes to recover and perform again at a high level.

But like I said the other night, the worrisome part is that Denver was never really threatened in this game and they actually played their B- or C+ level game based on what they’ve shown this season and in playoffs. Nuggets have much more to give.
Agree
Everyone is talking about how Miami didnt play to par
Denver didnt as well
And Jokic can play even better

Miami needs super Jimmy to have a chance

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree
Denver didnt as well

Agree with your close. They need mid 30s and even 40 out of Buckets consistently if they’re going to win this series. I don’t know if he can do that on the ankle right now. At the same time, Herro could be a boost for them to maybe change some of this calculus on our part.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree
Denver didnt as well

Denver played solid. Miami played bad

It wasn't their A game but Miami played a D or D- game on offense

Porter and KCP could be better for sure but Murray had 26/6/10 on 50% shooting

Gordon was great

Jokic was Jokic. He can be better depending on how he is defended but he took what the defense gave him and landed on 27/14/10

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your close. They need mid 30s and even 40 out of Buckets consistently if they’re going to win this series. I don’t know if he can do that on the ankle right now. At the same time, Herro could be a boost for them to maybe change some of this calculus on our part.

I don't know if they need that consistently. High 20's with support from Bam and 2-3 role players and 2 games with Butler at mid 30's may be good enough.

Dunc/Caleb/Max can't go 2-23 or it will be a sweep

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver played solid. Miami played bad

It wasn't their A game but Miami played a D or D- game on offense

Porter and KCP could be better for sure but Murray had 26/6/10 on 50% shooting

Gordon was great

Jokic was Jokic. He can be better depending on how he is defended but he took what the defense gave him and landed on 27/14/10
Nuggest shot 30% from 3 and didn’t defend particularly well. At that end, I think they benefited most from good shot luck in Miami missing open looks. I think the Nuggets have more to give in those areas.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if they need that consistently. High 20's with support from Bam and 2-3 role players and 2 games with Butler at mid 30's may be good enough.

Dunc/Caleb/Max can't go 2-23 or it will be a sweep
Part of where I’m coming from here is for Jimmy to have that kind of night it comes with 10-12 FTs. The Nuggets aren’t particularly deep and one of the ways to get an edge is to mess with guys minutes and sub patterns by putting foul trouble into the mix. It’s not just a pure “need this many points” from Jimmy. I’m assessing what it would look like for him to get one of those games.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Heat have a couple good shooting nights and probably win at least 1 game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggest shot 30% from 3 and didn’t defend particularly well. At that end, I think they benefited most from good shot luck in Miami missing open looks. I think the Nuggets have more to give in those areas.

I don't think Denver defense is that good. Boston & Milwaukee provided more of a challenge on that side of the ball IMO.

I'm not expecting much from them on defense especially when/if Herro comes back. I am more concerened about the Nuggets offense. Have a bad feeling tomorrow KCP and MP shoot lights out from 3 where they may combine for 6-8 made threes between them....hope i'm wrong

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of where I’m coming from here is for Jimmy to have that kind of night it comes with 10-12 FTs. The Nuggets aren’t particularly deep and one of the ways to get an edge is to mess with guys minutes and sub patterns by putting foul trouble into the mix. It’s not just a pure “need this many points” from Jimmy. I’m assessing what it would look like for him to get one of those games.

Yeah I get that. Jimmy need to play with more force. Stop being scared of Jokic.

He need to be at 8+ free throws tomorrow

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy 13 points

Caleb, Strus, & Dunc scored a total of 6 points on 2-23 shooting

Series just started. Running on here to declare a sweep after a home team did what they had to do in game 1 continues to be dumbest thing posters on here do
Yep. don't recall all the details, but pretty sure the Cavs were blown out in game 1 in 2016 (maybe even game 2, as well). series was deemed over.

as you said, all that happened was Denver held serve in game 1. No bonus points for being an easy W.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing my point again and taking it personally. Whatever dude.
While I do think he can be over the top and take things personally on occasion I don't see it here. Just my opinion.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh. He's really really good but I wouldn't highlight this specific thing as "genius". This kind of stuff is fairly routine. Watch people shoot FTs. The players aren't just throwing their hands around for no reason. There's signals and chatter going on all the time. For some reason, the courtside mics never pick up the chatter*, but if you sit close to courtside, you hear it.

*I suspect they choose to keep this off TV because the player curse all the fucking time.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. He's really really good but I wouldn't highlight this specific thing as "genius". This kind of stuff is fairly routine. Watch people shoot FTs. The players aren't just throwing their hands around for no reason. There's signals and chatter going on all the time. For some reason, the courtside mics never pick up the chatter*, but if you sit close to courtside, you hear it.

*I suspect they choose to keep this off TV because the player curse all the fucking time.