• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could just be the Homer in me, but as a Heat fan im not really all that worried. No one thought Miami was going to sweep Denver lol. So Denver won Game 1 at HOME at 5273ft higher then what Miami is used to. Miami coming off only 2 days rest from a very hard fought 7 game series and traveling and trying to get adjusted to that altitude. Strus shot 0-10, Martin shot 1-7, Ducan shot 1-6, Butler shot 6-14. Terrible nights for these guys. Miami went to the line ONLY 2 TIMES, Denver went 20, That alone is mind boggling!. Miami had 15 Fouls called on them compared to Denvers 8. All of this and Miami only lost by 11. Multiple times they cut big leads back down to single digits only to tire out and let them go on a run.

If Im Miami, Im feeling positive about our chances for Game 2, if Im Denver i might even be a little concerned that we only won by 11pts.

But again, im just a homer. :)
Miami went to the line twice because they failed to attack the rim, Butler even admitted as such after the game. Kind of hard to get fouls called when you don’t drive to the basket and pretty much mainly just shoot from the perimeter.

Also yes some of your guys were ice cold, yet some were much better than their averages. 63 of your 93 points came from Bam, Vincent, and Highsmith, what would you say the odds that happen again? Probably the same as those you mentioned being ice cold again.

Also let’s not pretend Denver played perfect either, letting Miami go on a 7-0 run to start the 3rd and 8-0 run to start the 4th. Shooting 29% from 3 is much lower than their average. Plus the chances that MPJ goes 2-11 from 3 again are slim to none.

Now obviously I’m not predicting a Nuggets sweep and all the game last night proved is the Nuggets won’t get swept, but Denver heard this same talk from the Lakers after Game 1. Oh LA just had a bad shooting night they wont do that again, there’s no way Denver can keep making those crazy shots that’s one in million, oh they figured something out by putting Rui on Joker things are going to be different now watch out Denver.

Also yes Denver did what they were supposed to do in win game 1. Yet it’s something the Heat never experienced this playoffs until now, they’ve never been down 0-1 this year looking at an 0-2 hole. Denver has won 8 in a row and are a perfect 6-0 at home, Miami has lost 4 of their last 5, Denver has the momentum now and it’s up to Miami to break that, which they very well can do nothing I’ve said means Miami is dead in the water but if they want to win this series they’re going to have to play as close to perfect as they can.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler might not have been attacking the Rim, but Bam, Duncan and Gabe attacked the rim and didnt get any calls. Duncan actually got calls against him when he attacked lol. Im not saying the refs were bad. But Bam attacked plenty and never saw the FT line. Lets not act like a single Miami player wasnt attacking the rim.

As far as Bam, Vincent and Highsmith, I can see them repeating. Highsmith can play, he just hasnt been given much chances, but hes proven he can play when he is out there. Gabe can score, he had big games so far these playoffs. Denvers Defense is no where near as good as Bostons, I think Bam can have multiple performances like this against a less strong defensive team. He was getting great looks all game.

Yes, Denver can definitely shoot better, they are a great team and they earned their spot in the Finals, but so hasnt Miami. I expect Spo to make the necessary adjustments and we see a much better disciplined team come out game 2. If they get these same looks as Game 1 and even knock down a few of them, Miami has a great shot of stealing an away game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler might not have been attacking the Rim, but Bam, Duncan and Gabe attacked the rim and didnt get any calls. Duncan actually got calls against him when he attacked lol. Im not saying the refs were bad. But Bam attacked plenty and never saw the FT line. Lets not act like a single Miami player wasnt attacking the rim.

As far as Bam, Vincent and Highsmith, I can see them repeating. Highsmith can play, he just hasnt been given much chances, but hes proven he can play when he is out there. Gabe can score, he had big games so far these playoffs. Denvers Defense is no where near as good as Bostons, I think Bam can have multiple performances like this against a less strong defensive team. He was getting great looks all game.

Yes, Denver can definitely shoot better, they are a great team and they earned their spot in the Finals, but so hasnt Miami. I expect Spo to make the necessary adjustments and we see a much better disciplined team come out game 2. If they get these same looks as Game 1 and even knock down a few of them, Miami has a great shot of stealing an away game.
Refs had nothing to do with the game last night

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While true Boston had a better defense than Denver, the Lakers had quite a bit better defense than Miami and Denver smoked them so both teams are lesser than their counterparts conference finals opponents on the defensive side of the ball.

And I think Miami’s only hope of winning this series is to steal one game in Denver. At the beginning of the playoffs, Miami was a much better Road team, the Denver, yet the heat have lost the last two home games in a row, well, Denvers won their last three road games in a row. If this series goes back to Miami with Denver up 2-0 I think the chances of Miami winning both their home games to even it up is slim. Not impossible as saw Denver go 2-2 in their series against Phoenix and the Heat gave the talent to do it I just don’t see it happening.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs had nothing to do with the game last night

Comedy What GIF by Nickelodeon

:D

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the Heat have some things they can build on and that Spo and his staff have some work to do on adjustments. Fortunately, they have a great staff who has 2 days to figure something out.

Also, they need Herro back.
Yes, plus let’s at least let them get acclimated to the elevation a bit after playing so many games before we totally count them out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, plus let’s at least let them get acclimated to the elevation a bit after playing so many games before we totally count them out.
My rule is don't count a team out until you see them play at home

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of people on this board making up lies then when asked to pull up where i said things, they have nothing
Is it worth all the histrionics though? You let this shit get to you too much...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bam scored easily without much contest because Jokic sags back defensively. The only questionable calls I saw were on screens, and those went both ways.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it worth all the histrionics though? You let this shit get to you too much...
Nothing is getting to me. I been having a great day lol. Probably the best i felt after a heat playoffs L this season since losing game 2 vs the knicks

@msgkings322 is proven to be a liar as he is yet to show where i got mad or whatever he said about people picking denver in the series because it was a lie and never happened

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is getting to me. I been having a great day lol. Probably the best i felt after a heat playoffs L this season since losing game 2 vs the knicks

@msgkings322 is proven to be a liar as he is yet to show where i got mad or whatever he said about people picking denver in the series because it was a lie and never happened
Losing game 1 on the road should always be an easier loss to take, if not expected.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 1 is no pressure for the road team. If you win then amazing but if you lose? You get another crack to take hca in game 2. Watch the film and be better

Yep, any worry would be about circumstances more than result. Passive Jimmy can't continue, and neither can the horrible shooting from key role players.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really am a huge liar. I feel terrible.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free from the grandkids today.....gotta hit up the credit union in a little bit.....then the wife and I are going to Walmart and Logan's Roadhouse for either lunch or dinner.

The grandkids coming over o Sunday and we hitting up the pool.....little Demetrius likes the pool.