• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know i follow this way more than you right? Teams are required to post injury report the day before a game and 2 more times the day of the game
It’s not like Heat fans are on pins and needles about the availability of Tyler Herro or anything. Oy vey these guys.

Don’t let them get you angry. They’re taking advantage of your passion for your team leading to an emotional vulnerability. Fuck em and pay them no mind.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not like Heat fans are on pins and needles about the availability of Tyler Herro or anything. Oy vey these guys.

Don’t let them get you angry. They’re taking advantage of your passion for your team leading to an emotional vulnerability. Fuck em and pay them no mind.
Yeah im good. No anger over here. Just dont try to make a name for yourself and lie on me when the search button is there for you to confirm what i actually said

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a must win for the Heat. And I think they will. Spo can make average talent do great things as they actually listen to him

I think it’s a must win for them as well, obviously Denver supposed to win at home that’s not out of the ordinary, but with Miami losing 2/3 games at home last series including 2 in a row if they go down 2-0 they may not make it back to Denver and if they do it may be 3-1. Of course you never know what’s gonna happen and Denver can find themselves down 3-1 coming back to Denver in game 5 for all we know but the pressure is definitely on Miami this game more so than Denver.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s a must win for them as well, obviously Denver supposed to win at home that’s not out of the ordinary, but with Miami losing 2/3 games at home last series including 2 in a row if they go down 2-0 they may not make it back to Denver and if they do it may be 3-1. Of course you never know what’s gonna happen and Denver can find themselves down 3-1 coming back to Denver in game 5 for all we know but the pressure is definitely on Miami this game more so than Denver.
I think when we talk playoffs, every game needs to be seen as must win. I think Denver’s dominance in these playoffs is a testament to that mind set. They’re really dialed in right now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i said in lakers/Nuggets game 2, pressure is on both teams to win

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Playoffs are not regular season. Give Spo time and he will squeak wins. He is that good. Wish he was leading Celtics

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami better not fuck this up....

Got them +8.5 and the under 216.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Playoffs are not regular season. Give Spo time and he will squeak wins. He is that good. Wish he was leading Celtics
Maybe I’m different but in my eyes if you don’t have Pop, Spo, Larry Brown…and now my list is done. Your coach is just a guy and it comes down to the players performing. Coaching is generally over rated in assessing teams unless you have an instance of complete malpractice on your bench. For the most part though, all of these guys are competent when it comes to Xs and Os and substitution patterns. It’s the job of a pro athlete to do his own work to prepare mentally to perform in a big game. Coaches don’t create that in the pros. That being said, those guys Pop Spo and Larry Brown are next level. The other dudes that people will want to add (Phil Jackson and Steve Kerr etc…) were who they were because they had great players. Give me Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in their primes and I’m winning a title. Same thing for KD and the Splash Brothers. Same thing for Kobe and Shaq.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know i follow this way more than you right? Teams are required to post injury report the day before a game and 2 more times the day of the game
Noticed in DK Martin on report for an illness.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I’m different but in my eyes if you don’t have Pop, Spo, Larry Brown…and now my list is done. Your coach is just a guy and it comes down to the players performing. Coaching is generally over rated in assessing teams unless you have an instance of complete malpractice on your bench. For the most part though, all of these guys are competent when it comes to Xs and Os and substitution patterns. It’s the job of a pro athlete to do his own work to prepare mentally to perform in a big game. Coaches don’t create that in the pros. That being said, those guys Pop Spo and Larry Brown are next level. The other dudes that people will want to add (Phil Jackson and Steve Kerr etc…) were who they were because they had great players. Give me Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen in their primes and I’m winning a title. Same thing for KD and the Splash Brothers. Same thing for Kobe and Shaq.
Yep...as you can imagine many wanted JB fired after we lost to NY. I'd put him in the large group of coaches who can win with talent and wont win without talent. As you also allude, you need the talent to play well, especially the stars (and his star did not).

If we could add a couple guys like, say, hart and Hartenstein and keep JB as the coach or let us have the same roster but we get Thibs as the coach (or nearly any other coach) I'm taking the player additions and keeping JB.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife's daughter is bringing the grandkids over, she has to work today.

So we're taking the grandkids to the pool.....curious to see how he reacts to the water and pool. I bought some pool noodles at Wally World aka Walmart yesterday.....wife is making breakfast (eggs, bacon and toast) when they get here and making chicken noodle soup for dinner.

Should be at the pool from 4 or 5pm up until game time. Gonna try and make my voice heard it should be 4-6:30 or so. Then, shall be here.
Thanks for the update

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those are your top 3 all time...but you underestimate the coaching skill needed to win even with top talent. Kerr won a couple titles without KD after all. Jackson won a couple without Shaq to pair with Kobe.

But your main point I agree with, the players have to do their jobs and coaching is not the main reason teams win or lose. Randomness kind of is to be honest. Some days perfectly good players miss wide open shots. The Rockets I think went like 0 for 20 something in a row from 3 in one of their playoff games vs the Warriors, for example.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 168,827.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah im good. No anger over here. Just dont try to make a name for yourself and lie on me when the search button is there for you to confirm what i actually said
Any name that is made here is generally not a good one lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree those are your top 3 all time...but you underestimate the coaching skill needed to win even with top talent. Kerr won a couple titles without KD after all. Jackson won a couple without Shaq to pair with Kobe.

But your main point I agree with, the players have to do their jobs and coaching is not the main reason teams win or lose. Randomness kind of is to be honest. Some days perfectly good players miss wide open shots. The Rockets I think went like 0 for 20 something in a row from 3 in one of their playoff games vs the Warriors, for example.
Yep. 0-27. 27 missed 3s in a row.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of where I’m coming from here is for Jimmy to have that kind of night it comes with 10-12 FTs. The Nuggets aren’t particularly deep and one of the ways to get an edge is to mess with guys minutes and sub patterns by putting foul trouble into the mix. It’s not just a pure “need this many points” from Jimmy. I’m assessing what it would look like for him to get one of those games.
Well said. The main key to beating the Nuggets is to get the starters preferably any of them other than KCP in foul trouble. Bruce Brown is all they got in the bench.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pure, random lucky break for the Warriors that game
I remember the Warriors having sneaky under rated D in those years because everyone was Gaga over their offense. I can’t remember how contested the looks were.