• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 MLB Trade Deadline

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Brewers have acquired Carlos Santana from the Pirates.
Prospect shortstop Jhonny Severino will head to Pittsburgh in the deal. Santana was the everyday starter at 1B for the Pirates and will now join a Brewers team that has been starting Owen Miller at 1B with Rowdy Tellez on the IL. The switch-hitting Santana is batting .235/.321/.412 with 12 home runs and six steals in 94 games. He’s also 10th-best among 36 qualified 1B in Outs Above Average, so he can provide a boost to the Brewers’ infield defense. Santana could enter into a strong-side platoon with Owen Miller, which would push Miller back into his utility role and could force Rowdy Tellez to DH once Tellez returns from his broken ring finger.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times reports the Dodgers have engaged the Cardinals in trade discussions for third baseman Nolan Arenado.
Los Angeles certainly has the prospect capital to facilitate a trade, but this would be an absolute stunner. It would also signal the onset of a potential full-scale teardown in St. Louis. The 32-year-old eight-time All-Star has a full-no trade clause and is under contract through the 2027 season.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Brewers have acquired Carlos Santana from the Pirates.
Prospect shortstop Jhonny Severino will head to Pittsburgh in the deal. Santana was the everyday starter at 1B for the Pirates and will now join a Brewers team that has been starting Owen Miller at 1B with Rowdy Tellez on the IL. The switch-hitting Santana is batting .235/.321/.412 with 12 home runs and six steals in 94 games. He’s also 10th-best among 36 qualified 1B in Outs Above Average, so he can provide a boost to the Brewers’ infield defense. Santana could enter into a strong-side platoon with Owen Miller, which would push Miller back into his utility role and could force Rowdy Tellez to DH once Tellez returns from his broken ring finger.

Brewers first basemen have hit .212/.270/.340 this year. Their DH's have hit .210/.305/.317.

The bat alone would represent a pretty big improvement.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as they should. That pitching staff is broken and they might as well see what they can get for the few useful pitchers they do have (Montgomery, Mikolas, Flaherty)

Wainwright's chase for 200 wins reminds me a lot of Tim Wakefield trying to get #200

Maybe Wake could teach Wainwright the knuckler, because that might be the only way he gets there.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Rangers trade for two really good relievers and a starting pitcher that's at least a good #3 starter. A bat would be nice, too, but is the last priority, IMO.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlins acquired RHP David Robertson from the Mets for INF Marco Vargas and C Ronald Hernández.
The fantasy fallout is rather significant for both teams as Robertson figures to take over for a struggling A.J. Puk as Miami’s primary closer. Meanwhile, it’ll likely be Adam Ottavino and Brooks Raley sharing the ninth-inning role in New York, assuming both of them remain past next week’s trade deadline. The 38-year-old veteran has converted 14 saves this season for the Mets to go along with a stellar 2.05 ERA, 1.00 WHIP and 48/13 K/BB ratio across 44 innings (40 appearances). He’ll be a free agent at the conclusion of the year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times reports the Dodgers have engaged the Cardinals in trade discussions for third baseman Nolan Arenado.
Los Angeles certainly has the prospect capital to facilitate a trade, but this would be an absolute stunner. It would also signal the onset of a potential full-scale teardown in St. Louis. The 32-year-old eight-time All-Star has a full-no trade clause and is under contract through the 2027 season.
They need to shore up 3rd base. That is for sure.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, the Red Sox have been turning away suitors for Justin Turner.
Turner has been fantastic of late, hitting .360/.407/.653 in his last 20 games. It would make sense for the Red Sox to trade the 38-year-old if they chose to sell, but they’ll probably go with more of a hybrid approach, like they did last year. It’ll probably turn out about as well as it did last year, too.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers get Lynn and Kelly.

Either they think they have wizards in the org or they are just loading up on trash depth for the sake of depth.

Rosario, Kike, Lynn and Kelly.

Those are twins type of deadline moves, not the dodgers.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers get Lynn and Kelly.

Either they think they have wizards in the org or they are just loading up on trash depth for the sake of depth.

Rosario, Kike, Lynn and Kelly.

Those are twins type of deadline moves, not the dodgers.
Such a bad trade. Actually smells of desperation, totally unlike the Dodgers.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to WEEI’s Rob Bradford, the Red Sox have been turning away suitors for Justin Turner.
Turner has been fantastic of late, hitting .360/.407/.653 in his last 20 games. It would make sense for the Red Sox to trade the 38-year-old if they chose to sell, but they’ll probably go with more of a hybrid approach, like they did last year. It’ll probably turn out about as well as it did last year, too.

I'm fine with this. He's still a very solid hitter and he can play most infield positions.

I think the growth of the farm system reduces the need to trade major leaguers for minor leaguers... they should be using some of their lesser prospects for rentals.

I'd love to have Donovan. Very good OBP skills and can play all over the diamond... and he's showing a little more power this year. Wouldn't complain about Gorman either.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with this. He's still a very solid hitter and he can play most infield positions.

I think the growth of the farm system reduces the need to trade major leaguers for minor leaguers... they should be using some of their lesser prospects for rentals.

I'd love to have Donovan. Very good OBP skills and can play all over the diamond... and he's showing a little more power this year. Wouldn't complain about Gorman either.

It is weird that a 2B is all they "need"...

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the best offer for Turner. But, he would be nice to keep for that veteran presence.... I also wouldn't be surprised if they trade away some other big names to further stock the farm. (Paxton & Verdugo?)

I hope Bloom doesn't do nothing... I think he learned from last season that sometimes you gotta pull the trigger...

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is weird that a 2B is all they "need"...

I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting for the best offer for Turner. But, he would be nice to keep for that veteran presence.... I also wouldn't be surprised if they trade away some other big names to further stock the farm. (Paxton & Verdugo?)

I hope Bloom doesn't do nothing... I think he learned from last season that sometimes you gotta pull the trigger...

yeah, they do need more than that. I would like another SP and maybe some backend relief help. At least Story should be back very soon, and his arm has looked good in his rehab assignment. But I do think they need a 2B. Arroyo's never healthy and he's been struggling. At least with someone like Donovan they wouldn't totally block some of our top prospects (Mayer/Yorke) and can play all over

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a bad trade. Actually smells of desperation, totally unlike the Dodgers.

I am of the belief this means they have a huge deal in the works. Maybe the Arenando one.

its the only thing that makes sense adding in a bunch of veteran depth. If you know youre gonna lose some pieces in bigger trades.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, they do need more than that. I would like another SP and maybe some backend relief help. At least Story should be back very soon, and his arm has looked good in his rehab assignment. But I do think they need a 2B. Arroyo's never healthy and he's been struggling. At least with someone like Donovan they wouldn't totally block some of our top prospects (Mayer/Yorke) and can play all over

Possible Rotation?

Sale
Paxton
Bello
Crawford
Houck
Whitlock
Pivetta

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible Rotation?

Sale
Paxton
Bello
Crawford
Houck
Whitlock
Pivetta

Pivetta's been fantastic in the bullpen and has helped keep the bullpen from getting exhausted. I'd keep him there. There's no word on Houck right now. Sale and Whitlock are on the IL right now and while Sale looks to begin his minor league assignment very soon (and it could be brief), Whitlock seems a lot further away.

I like our assembly of arms... They just can't stay healthy. I think another starter would be good insurance.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros acquired RHP Kendall Graveman from the White Sox fo C Korey Lee.
The Astos already have a strong familiarity with Graveman, as they acquired the 32-year-old hurler at the 2021 trade deadline as well. He’s under contract for $8 million for next season and will add another quality high-leverage arm to the back-end of the Astros’ bullpen.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros acquired RHP Kendall Graveman from the White Sox fo C Korey Lee.
The Astos already have a strong familiarity with Graveman, as they acquired the 32-year-old hurler at the 2021 trade deadline as well. He’s under contract for $8 million for next season and will add another quality high-leverage arm to the back-end of the Astros’ bullpen.

I really like this for Houston. I don't think Lee hits well enough to be an everyday catcher

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this for Houston. I don't think Lee hits well enough to be an everyday catcher
If you saw who the Sox have next year at the position you'd rethink this lol

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you saw who the Sox have next year at the position you'd rethink this lol

Not saying he isn't worth a try. And even if he isn't your catcher of the future, at least Quero could be ready.