• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we fucking go. Fuck me!! This kid supposedly wanted Philadelphia and wants to win Cups. He better fucking walk the talk.

As soon as Phoenix took Simashev, I figured we would take Michkov. So, I am frustrated, but not surprised.

I suppose we're trying to hit a grand slam with this pick, but if he does stay in Russia for the next 3 years or longer, this is really going to suck.
This team has sucked for a while and is brutal to watch. In three years I hope they're worth watching again. Nothing lost.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im not saying we shouldn't have traded him I'm saying it was a terrible trade. Definitely could've gotten more for Hayes if we were eating half his salary. Getting next to nothing isn't a salary dump its charity.
Not that I am going to defend Chuck here but...he alluded to this at the trade deadline. Teams do not like Kevin Hayes and there is essentially no market for him. Not even at 3.5M.

Honestly don't understand the love affair with this guy from the beat writers and such. Tragic what personally happened to him but from all accounts he was not a leader, nor a good influence on young players, and was lazy on the ice so good riddance.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I am happy we traded him and glad he's gone.
I will be happy to grin and bear it but the fact still remains the return for him was horrible.

Reilly Smith from Vegas makes 5 million had 56 points brought a 3rd rounder back from Pitt.
Hayes a year younger 54 points 3.5 million salary (us eating the other half) brought back a 6th rounder
I hear you. Its tough .
If you're asking me though id take Smith over Hayes everyday

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I am happy we traded him and glad he's gone.
I will be happy to grin and bear it but the fact still remains the return for him was horrible.

Reilly Smith from Vegas makes 5 million had 56 points brought a 3rd rounder back from Pitt.
Hayes a year younger 54 points 3.5 million salary (us eating the other half) brought back a 6th rounder

One of these players may not be like the other......

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hayes' value plummeted as he totally disappeared for the last 30 games. He started the season with a bang but finished with a whimper. Drop offs like that usually means someone is playing through an injury. It doesn't appear to be injury related.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am going to defend Chuck here but...he alluded to this at the trade deadline. Teams do not like Kevin Hayes and there is essentially no market for him. Not even at 3.5M.

Honestly don't understand the love affair with this guy from the beat writers and such. Tragic what personally happened to him but from all accounts he was not a leader, nor a good influence on young players, and was lazy on the ice so good riddance.
Not to disagree with you but Chuck made that statement about JVR. Just stating facts.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hayes' value plummeted as he totally disappeared for the last 30 games. He started the season with a bang but finished with a whimper. Drop offs like that usually means someone is playing through an injury. It doesn't appear to be injury related.
We all know Lavi plays a defense first system and Hayes was in his doghouse publicly many times by mid season so it was quite obvious he was just going through the motions in the 2nd half.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to disagree with you but Chuck made that statement about JVR. Just stating facts.
Ahhh could be true about that, I was remembering what I assumed was a blanket statement about the trade deadline applied across all of our undesirable players.

“I’m not worried about my job. Whatever happens with me will happen with me. That’s up to Dave Scott,” said Fletcher. “Everything I do is about doing what’s right for the Philadelphia Flyers and not taking shortcuts. And that’s in part why we didn’t make any more deals today. The deals that were presented to me were not good deals for the Philadelphia Flyers.”

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers trade a 2nd next year for a 2nd this year to take G Bjarnason out of the WHL. They must've been really high on this dude. There was a ton of talk about the Flyers trying to get in to the 2nd round which always seemed super weird to me. Why try to get a 2nd when you could be trying to get a 1st?

Maybe they had this guy slotted around here and really wanted him? Of all things though, a goalie? Seems like a weird use of a 2nd round pick considering Hart and Ersson. They've got to be really high on him. Hopefully it's the compensatory pick for O'Brien which I think will be #50ish, because the Flyers 2nd rounder... sigh.. was traded for Deangelo... The other one they have (had?) for next year is CBJ's. So both might fall in around #50.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers trade a 2nd next year for a 2nd this year to take G Bjarnason out of the WHL. They must've been really high on this dude. There was a ton of talk about the Flyers trying to get in to the 2nd round which always seemed super weird to me. Why try to get a 2nd when you could be trying to get a 1st?

Maybe they had this guy slotted around here and really wanted him? Of all things though, a goalie? Seems like a weird use of a 2nd round pick considering Hart and Ersson. They've got to be really high on him. Hopefully it's the compensatory pick for O'Brien which I think will be #50ish, because the Flyers 2nd rounder... sigh.. was traded for Deangelo... The other one they have (had?) for next year is CBJ's. So both might fall in around #50.
He was the 4th goalie drafted in the 2nd round. This is just weird at this point.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a center at the end of the 3rd round. Thank you Jesus.
Guess we are stocking up on centers now as another drafted in the 4th round

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another goalie in the 3rd round? WTF?

Ya, first one was weird. Taking a second one just seems ridiculous. Are we trying to corner the market on goaltending?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a center at the end of the 3rd round. Thank you Jesus.
Guess we are stocking up on centers now as another drafted in the 4th round

Charlie says we're getting guys in the last few rounds that were rated much higher in public scouting stuff, so that seems good? Will be interesting to see the breakdown was all said and done.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ya, first one was weird. Taking a second one just seems ridiculous. Are we trying to corner the market on goaltending?
Anyone slightly concerned about this Canadian Junior team investigation due to be finalized here in the next 2-3 weeks???

Just a little thing I found interesting, my buddy designed the opening night t shirts for Flyers last year and he was specifically asked to remove Carter Hart from the myriad of players and Torts who were on his original shirt design.... :noidea:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now have Hart, Peterson, Errsson, Sandstrom and these 2 very high draft picks as goalies. I have to assume 2 will be traded or it just doesn't make sense at all.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone slightly concerned about this Canadian Junior team investigation due to be finalized here in the next 2-3 weeks???

Just a little thing I found interesting, my buddy designed the opening night t shirts for Flyers last year and he was specifically asked to remove Carter Hart from the myriad of players and Torts who were on his original shirt design.... :noidea:
I could see Hart as he was on the team but i didn't realize that Torts was one of the coaches .

From the Sporting news:

The following players have come out either via personal statement or with their agency to say that they were not involved with the allegations: Jake Bean, Kale Clague, Max Comtois, Dillon Dube, Dante Fabbro, Cal Foote, Jonah Gadjovich, Carter Hart, Brett Howden, Cale Makar, Colton Point, Taylor Raddysh, Sam Steel, Tyler Steenbergen Robert Thomas and Conor Timmins.

The following players have stated that they have fully cooperated with the investigation but declined to comment further: Boris Katchouk, Drake Batherson and Michael McLeod.
Alex Formenton is the lone player that has not made any comments to date.

Wait a minute Torts is American why would he be involved?​

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How funny was it last night when Carey Price forgot the name of the player he was supposed to announce :pound::pound::pound::pound: