• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 80 seconds were incredibly stressful, but we hang on for the W. Atkinson got an empty netter to make it 3-1 and then we completely shut the engines off. Columbus stormed back to get within one and threatened late before Konecny got another empty net goal with only a tenth of a second remaining.

Nice team win, but I hope we can make life a little easier for Hart. Should've probably converted on a couple of other chances and made the 3rd period not near as difficult. Konecny and Farabee are definitely the guys we want filling the net. Good to see Couturier on the board with an assist and I thought all of the forward lines were often effective. The team defense has to improve, but I'm sure it will. This is just game one on the road.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice opening win. Hart with 31 saves and worked his tail off. We shall see how this team starts to mesh and just how good they become going forward!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you Phillies fans: The Phillies bury the Braves 3-1 to advance to the NLCS for the Second straight year facing the Arizona D-backs!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice opening win. Hart with 31 saves and worked his tail off. We shall see how this team starts to mesh and just how good they become going forward!
Hart was fantastic. Flyers overall pretty damn good. Need the PP to get going otherwise every game will be a grind like this.

Any word on Ellis is he even planning on coming back at some point?

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart was fantastic. Flyers overall pretty damn good. Need the PP to get going otherwise every game will be a grind like this.

Any word on Ellis is he even planning on coming back at some point?
It was against the Blue Jackets.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts plus three and Atkinson buries his first of the season
Laughton and TK excellent offensive production
Hart gave up a softie early played great as the game went on
Fourth line looks legit
Brink just has a knack of finding the puck on his stick
Seeler and Zamula each a plus 2
Sanheim looks like he's a lot stronger this year

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So unfortunately I didn't get to see the opening game? Seems my daughter's boyfriend is about as useful as tits on a hog! Spent 2 and a half hours changing out the hub and bearing assembly on her stupid pathfinder! Called the wife, told her dvr the game, she says no problem, then forgets! I wish my dogs had cell phones, at least they listen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is rough now. Too many turnovers, missed passes and a general failure to just get the damn puck on their net. G just absolutely victimized Sanheim along the boards and passed the puck to Tkachuk for a backbreaking goal that gives the Senators a 4-2 lead entering the 3rd. Also, our defensemen are screening Hart. Sure, these shots are good, but he can't stop it if he can't ever see it.

Konecny has one on the power play, which was a two-man advantage, and York scored a nice one to get within one, but it all seems to be a waste at this point. Let's see if we can show some resiliency and make this a competitive game late.

I hope everyone is at least healthy, but some guys like Couturier still look to be shaking off the rust a bit. He will get there, but the dude hasn't played in almost two years, so I get it. Also, youngsters make mistakes and you have to just live with them. We're getting killed in the faceoff circle and seem to want to pass the puck into the net instead of shooting it. We need more shooters here than just Konecny. Maybe our guys are lacking the confidence to just let it fly.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lousy game. I am sure Torts is not happy. Maybe more yelling is in store!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a lousy game. I am sure Torts is not happy. Maybe more yelling is in store!!
It's a game that makes you wonder if Ottawa really does have that much more speed than us or did we just absolutely lay an egg? It definitely sucks to watch them honor Claude Giroux, essentially a Flyer legend already, then have to rush out there to try and beat him. That likely doesn't inspire the remaining Flyers who played alongside him for years. If anything, it brings emotion into play and you lose focus or energy.

And so, I don't put a lot of stock in this contest ultimately. It's very early on and we have a lot of players that are either shaking the rust off or in the infancy of their Nhl careers. It's not a legit excuse either. We have to be better and I feel bad for Carter Hart again. A handful more of games like this and he will surely want out of Philly.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to panic but Sanheim has to suck the puck to the boards when there's only seconds on the clock if anything he could have hammered the puck around them. That changed the game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to panic but Sanheim has to suck the puck to the boards when there's only seconds on the clock if anything he could have hammered the puck around them. That changed the game.
Yeah, Sanheim is 27 years old (turning 28 later this season) and with 6 seasons of Nhl hockey under his belt. He's not one of these young kids and he's making $6.25 million per season now too. There is absolutely zero excuse for that kind of shit. It's a play that cannot happen, especially at that moment in the game. He needs to be more aware of the time remaining, who is on the ice and how else he can avoid the absolute shitshow that it turned into.

I agree that we essentially lost the game on that play. Otherwise, we could've potentially mounted a 3rd period comeback. That was a soul-crushing goal to give up, for several reasons.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% on the money with this post.