• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Blackhawks ruin opening night in Shitsburgh was a nice start.
We can all agree to that. It's gotta be massively frustrating for their fans. They reload with Karlsson in the offseason after missing the playoffs for the first time in forever only to give up 4 unanswered goals in the home opener and lose to the same horrific Chicago team that eliminated them last season...LOL

Btw, if they were to miss the playoffs again or bow out early, there really is no plan B. They're missing picks in 3 of the first 5 rounds of the '24 draft and most of their talent is north of 36 years old.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright peeps, the season opener is tonight at Columbus. Provy played his first 532 games with us and his very first game elsewhere is against us...Lol We dive into the division right away and it's really difficult to predict what either of these teams will become this season.

That said, I would probably trade defenses with them in a second.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully he will be traded before this happens so we can keep this circus out of town.
Surly do not understand the fascination with this? If we're being serious and honest, how many queer people come to hockey games or support the sport?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright peeps, the season opener is tonight at Columbus. Provy played his first 532 games with us and his very first game elsewhere is against us...Lol We dive into the division right away and it's really difficult to predict what either of these teams will become this season.

That said, I would probably trade defenses with them in a second.
Lot of ifs with this squad, let's get it started and see what happens.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of ifs with this squad, let's get it started and see what happens.

I think that IF Couturier and Atkinson are healthy and return to form or better, plus the majority of our young guys like Farabee, Frost, Brink, Foerster, York and Andrae/Zamula have career or breakout seasons, we could finish 4th or 5th in the division and sneak into the playoffs.

That's probably the best that we can hope for, but the team should definitely play hard night in and night out and be very difficult to play against.

That said, such a performance would ultimately not be good for us in the long-term.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're "too good." so to speak, I'm sure Briere will attempt to fix that by trading away a couple of vets midseason. We definitely want our own 1st round pick in the '24 draft to be in the top ten, if not the top five.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not into baseball much, but the Phillies have an opportunity tonight to send the hated Braves home for the season. Even if they lose, they'll have another chance Saturday night on the road with their ace Wheeler on the hill. I like their chances to get through again. Perhaps they even bring another Championship to Philly. They certainly appear to have a team that is capable.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surly do not understand the fascination with this? If we're being serious and honest, how many queer people come to hockey games or support the sport?
Its not even that for me. The league outlawed all nights so why keep bringing attention to where its not needed. It turned into a circus last year and it will again this year. Im sure there are NRA enthusiasts in the league. Should they come out with a holstered gun on top of their warm up jersey?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the lines probably will look like tonight :

86 Joel Farabee - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Bobby Brink
21 Scott Laughton - 27 Noah Cates- 11 Travis Konecny
74 Owen Tippett - 48 Morgan Frost - 89 Cam Atkinson
44 Nic Deslauriers - 25 Ryan Poehling - 19 Garnet Hathaway

8 Cam York - 6 Travis Sanheim
18 Marc Staal - 26 Sean Walker
24 Nick Seeler - 5 Egor Zamula

79 Carter Hart
[33 Samuel Ersson]

PP1: Brink, Atkinson, Couturier, Konecny, York
PP2: Farabee, Tippett, Frost, Cates, Sanheim

Scratches: 71 Tyson Foerster (healthy), 36 Emil Andrae (healthy), 32 Felix Sandström (healthy).

IR; 55 Rasmus Ristolainen (undisclosed), 94 Ryan Ellis (psoas muscle, other issues).

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My over/under is 88 Points.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are up by a goal in the Second and doing well.

BTW, that useful idiot Bettman needs to let the homosexual shit alone. Fags don't come to hockey games and in general, fags that try to make it in the big four sports don't last very long. I remember when the Drama Queen, Jeff Fisher drafted that gay DE outta of Missouri when the Rams were still in St Louis. He lasted half a season in the NFL, landed in the Canadian Football League and is now out of Football because he sucked. Nobody wants a dude on their team that full mouthal kisses another dude to celebrate him getting drafted. Bettman needs to stop with all this gay shit and let it die it's rightful death.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers are up by a goal in the Second and doing well.

BTW, that useful idiot Bettman needs to let the homosexual shit alone. Fags don't come to hockey games and in general, fags that try to make it in the big four sports don't last very long. I remember when the Drama Queen, Jeff Fisher drafted that gay DE outta of Missouri when the Rams were still in St Louis. He lasted half a season in the NFL, landed in the Canadian Football League and is now out of Football because he sucked. Nobody wants a dude on their team that full mouthal kisses another dude to celebrate him getting drafted. Bettman needs to stop with all this gay shit and let it die it's rightful death.
There are some defensive breakdowns, which can be expected, but everything else looks pretty good. We should really have 3-4 goals in this game already, at least. Laughton failed to convert on a breakaway, there was a nice wraparound and some big stops by Merzlikins. Time to put them away in the third period.