• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brink had an excellent first game i have no idea why he didn't play game 2.

Frost and Cates a combined 4 wins 15 loses on faceoffs. Have to be better than that.

If Tippett doesn't start hitting the net and moving his feet he will find himself in Torts doghouse very quickly. That's no good for anyone.

Loved Seeler sticking up for Foerester after a dirty high hit to the head.

Foerster took a really dumb penalty leading to a PP goal against.

Refs stunk for us all game starting with a BS boarding call on Couts and continuing on all game

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to get Foerester in the line up. I think Brink looked better and should play more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wanted to get Foerester in the line up. I think Brink looked better and should play more.
I agree 100%. i understand wanting to get him in the line up but not right after Brink has a very good game. Give it a few games and then put in Foerster. I thought Foerster playing messed up the chemistry we had in game 1.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. i understand wanting to get him in the line up but not right after Brink has a very good game. Give it a few games and then put in Foerster. I thought Foerster playing messed up the chemistry we had in game 1.
I definitely agree with that. Before the season, it was reported they would alternate the two. That is a really bad idea and one should get sent down to get more playing time if both are not in the lineup.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's nothing major, twist or sprain. Either way, dude is not getting any younger and injuries tend to linger longer when you age, especially if all you've done most of your life is put the utmost stress in building strength and core muscle groups. Love Coots but he could be another let's see what we can get for him at the trade deadline deals. Gotta start another youth movement.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's nothing major, twist or sprain. Either way, dude is not getting any younger and injuries tend to linger longer when you age, especially if all you've done most of your life is put the utmost stress in building strength and core muscle groups. Love Coots but he could be another let's see what we can get for him at the trade deadline deals. Gotta start another youth movement.
If we dont at least try to get rid of him we are not really doing a rebuild. If we are going to really rebuild Couts TK Laughton and if we can Sanheim and Atkinson have to go.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of you who don't think Sean Couturier is elite can kindly suck on the following:

Everyone thought he was injured again. All he does is play 22:23 (which led all forwards by 3 minutes) in the home opener and lead us to victory. See him smiling after the goal? I sure as hell don't. Been there, done that.

Thatcher Demko was lights out in this game too. Coots makes him look average with that move.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could only play the whole season like we played the second period we would never lose.

Too bad we cant so lets keep all the players and not rebuild and be middle of the road for the next 10 years again.

Some people just love being mediocre and never strive for greatness. :tsk: :L

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could only play the whole season like we played the second period we would never lose.

Too bad we cant so lets keep all the players and not rebuild and be middle of the road for the next 10 years again.

Some people just love being mediocre and never strive for greatness. :tsk: :L
It's the same thing every year lol. Funny part is no one ever said dude wasn't good, but if he was injured as reported, it means his healing process may be getting slower, he looked pretty uninjured last night though. But yeah when we hit that wall and we're not in the mix it's definitely time to see what his value is

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as every other game remains fun to watch, let's see what they can do.

Instead of two years away from being two years away, maybe it's only one year.......

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are complete idiots and think that you can trade away players who have no-trade clauses and/or players that have barely played at all in two years.

This is why those people remain muted. You just have to check in on them occasionally to correct the nonsense that they are spewing.

The team IS rebuilding. You can't rebuild with an entire team full of 20 year old prospects...Lol

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every one can get traded this year except Sanheim :tsk: What a loser!:bolt:

Im so glad I have a will to win the cup instead of morons who like to stay around the middle of the pack and are satisfied with that. :L:L:doh:

Couts NMC 10 team trade list
Atkinson NTC 10 team trade clause
Laughton free to go
Sanheim years 1-4 NTC after year four 12 team trade list
TK can go anytime

Man for someone whos blocked i am getting a lot of comments on my posts :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as every other game remains fun to watch, let's see what they can do.

Instead of two years away from being two years away, maybe it's only one year.......
Its still 2 years from being 2 years away but if we can get to the cup any faster id be happy with any players that come in to help us do that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same thing every year lol. Funny part is no one ever said dude wasn't good, but if he was injured as reported, it means his healing process may be getting slower, he looked pretty uninjured last night though. But yeah when we hit that wall and we're not in the mix it's definitely time to see what his value is
At least you have a plan to try to get us good enough to get to the cup. Staying with the current team we will only be mediocre as per the last 10 years . We went from Gee and Jake to now Couts and TK. Everyone (except one idiot) who knows anything about hockey knows those 2 cant be your top 2 players up front if you want to win a cup.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you have a plan to try to get us good enough to get to the cup. Staying with the current team we will only be mediocre as per the last 10 years . We went from Gee and Jake to now Couts and TK. Everyone (except one idiot) who knows anything about hockey knows those 2 cant be your top 2 players up front if you want to win a cup.
Exactly, I mean I'll be happy to see a season full of heart and effort, that is a big building block as well, but at some point you're going to have to utilize some of your top assets to fully get back into the mix. By the time our Russian asset gets here( if he ever does) we should be at the peak of the rebuild IMO. Going to be interesting couple of years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I mean I'll be happy to see a season full of heart and effort, that is a big building block as well, but at some point you're going to have to utilize some of your top assets to fully get back into the mix. By the time our Russian asset gets here( if he ever does) we should be at the peak of the rebuild IMO. Going to be interesting couple of years.
Heart and effort is all i ask for in the next three years. I think Torts has brought along some of the younger guys on the team to give 100% on an every night basis which is why i enjoyed watching every game last season and will this year as well. Our Russian star wont be in the NHL for three more seasons as it stands now. Hope we can get as many high draft picks for our current crew of players as we can.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent win! i couldn't watch because it was on Hulu and blacked out from the center ice package but nice to see Tippett get two assists he has been struggling a little.

You know we cant be beat right now when Sean Walker scores a goal.

Brink with a point and we are now 3-0 with him in the lineup and 0-1 without him

Frost another healthy scratch.:noidea: