• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent win! i couldn't watch because it was on Hulu and blacked out from the center ice package but nice to see Tippett get two assists he has been struggling a little.

You know we cant be beat right now when Sean Walker scores a goal.

Brink with a point and we are now 3-0 with him in the lineup and 0-1 without him

Frost another healthy scratch.:noidea:
Was a weird game, def was a good win and I ain't gonna take nothing away from it., but man how far the Oliers have slid from just 2 years ago. After McDavid and Drisytal, they have absolutely nothing. Signing Kane was a huge mistake, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those top guys traded for a slew of top prospects. Their GM has to one of the worst.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great hustle for a whole game last night. When we were up 3-1, all I could think of was here comes an overtime loss. Then it's 4-1 and the team played and hustled until the final horn. This was a fun game to watch.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great hustle for a whole game last night. When we were up 3-1, all I could think of was here comes an overtime loss. Then it's 4-1 and the team played and hustled until the final horn. This was a fun game to watch.
I think we're going to win more of these hustle games, sometimes we're going to be outgunned on talent but the core of a great team has to be heart and a never quit attitude.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked good with the win and maybe the Torts/Briere duo may finally be paying dividends. Don't look now, but we sit atop the Metro division in this early season. That does me well to see the Flyers inching out of the shit pall the years under the useful idiots of the old regime created!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We looked good with the win and maybe the Torts/Briere duo may finally be paying dividends. Don't look now, but we sit atop the Metro division in this early season. That does me well to see the Flyers inching out of the shit pall the years under the useful idiots of the old regime created!
Hopefully it just keeps getting better every season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love when they move their feet and hustle its so much fun to watch them play that way.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Onward and upward!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though there is no rivalry and we're thousands of miles apart, I love beating the fucking Oilers. They've had 8 seasons of Connor McDavid and haven't been able to win their conference or even their division once. They have the top offense and power play, but always lack something defensively or in net that prevents them from winning anything. There's all of this hype and no results. You could probably call them the Dallas Cowboys of Canada.

So, take that L, motherfuckers!!! :clap:

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could only play the whole season like we played the second period we would never lose.

Too bad we cant so lets keep all the players and not rebuild and be middle of the road for the next 10 years again.

Some people just love being mediocre and never strive for greatness. :tsk: :L
Exactly !!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see them playing well just got my tickets to the game in Vegas pretty pumped to see them. Do I wear G or Pronger? Should have bought a Hart jersey!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never more does a loss feel like an actual win. The Stars win 4-5 in overtime, but we overcame a two goal deficit twice, scoring three shorthanded goals to send a 2-4 game that looked certain to be over into overtime.

Even though we gave up the 4th goal against only a minute later, I feel like Nick Seeler stepping up for a questionable, high hit on TK and KO-ing the much bigger Jani Kakanpaa was the catalyst for the late comeback. Konecny and Walker scored shorties on the same Dallas power play only moments later. Jim Jackson eventually confirmed that this was the first time we had scored 3 shorthanded goals in a game since 1996.

And so, mistakes were made and Ersson looked a bit rusty, but everyone seemed to bounce back in a big way to preserve a point. I think some young players like Brink, Tippett, Foerster and Zamula really took a step forward.

This was a massive game for the team altogether. Sure, Dallas was lucky to get the W, but in many ways we outplayed them in their own building.

Shots: 40-25 Flyers

Hits: 19-10 Flyers

Dallas had 3 power plays to our 1. They had 13 giveaways to our 1.

While Nick Seeler got kicked from the game for defending his teammate, it was the right thing to do and he showed his enormous pair of balls in doing so.

Also, at the end of the day, if you can believe this shit, this point leaves us with a 3-1-1 record and the outright lead in the Metro.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one hell of a game, truly. Are you not entertained!?!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see them playing well just got my tickets to the game in Vegas pretty pumped to see them. Do I wear G or Pronger? Should have bought a Hart jersey!
Bring us luck !!!! Im jealous i always wanted to just hop on a plane and go see us play Vegas.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should put Andrae and Zamula in the lineup at the same time, at least until Risto comes back:L
All the kids will put put to the test back there until Risto gets back. I think they will be able to handle it under the defensive style that Torts plays with forwards helping out the D.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To comeback is one thing it means we are hustling and trying to play a full 60 minutes but to comeback with 2 shorthanded goals and 3 for the game is incredible.

3 shorties in one game has got to be a Flyer record.

Our PK should be top 10 this year with the players we have. Good to Very good penalty killers are:
Couts ,Laughton,TK,Atkinson, Cates and Poehling