• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we look back and this becomes a terrible post, one of the goalies becomes a stud, and we get a kings ransom for Carter Hart.

I guess the other side of the goalie picks, is Briere admitting this team will continue to be shit for Carter Hart's prime years.
Yeah, as I said in the original post, the picks perhaps make sense if we plan on dealing Hart this summer or before his next contract. Otherwise, I really don't get it either. Idk if anyone does.

I'm sure Danny Briere has at least a good idea of what Carter Hart expects his next contract to look like though and whether or not the goalie is willing to stick with us through a potentially long rebuild. That obviously factors into everything. If he wants big money or can't be truly patient, you would want to move Hart between now and around this time next year when he would be a RFA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to like the mix of youngsters and the older defensive- minded players Briere has assembled. I am going to reserve my criticism of this team until they all buy-in to Tort's toughness that I am fairly certain Briere used as a standard or so it may seem.

This team has the rudimentary potential to build something really great. The addition of Staal was foundational and mental culture-changing and that is very important when you are building a championship club and removing the rot of a bunch of bullshit players and FO peeps this team was known for league-wide.

Maybe Briere believes you can never have enough really good netminders. IDK. But I am going to give them all a chance because right now, we are steps away from erasing the memory and destruction of that complete useful idiot WTFC.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to like the mix of youngsters and the older defensive- minded players Briere has assembled. I am going to reserve my criticism of this team until they all buy-in to Tort's toughness that I am fairly certain Briere used as a standard or so it may seem.

This team has the rudimentary potential to build something really great. The addition of Staal was foundational and mental culture-changing and that is very important when you are building a championship club and removing the rot of a bunch of bullshit players and FO peeps this team was known for league-wide.

Maybe Briere believes you can never have enough really good netminders. IDK. But I am going to give them all a chance because right now, we are steps away from erasing the memory and destruction of that complete useful idiot WTFC.
Great post !

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briere gets a three-year entry level contract done for Kolosov, Attard gets a two-year done, Mete gets a one-year.

The Stall deal is a two-year deal but he brings two rings along with his age. He may end up a coach but his signing brings that championship mentality so important for the youngsters.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really liking the moves so far this summer

God Fletcher ans Hextall were brutal
I dont like the return we got for Hayes and the drafting of a goalie in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this years draft. All other moves I am in favor of.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cates signing seems reasonable for both sides.
Yes, but most importantly, it keeps him a RFA at the end of the deal. He's the kind of homegrown talent that we want to hold onto and he plays the game the right way, obviously. I would take a team full of guys like Cates and Laughton. Sure, you won't necessarily light up the scoreboard, but you could win a bunch of low scoring, one-goal games.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Frost remains unsigned and we have 1.273 million in cap space left.
That's before trading TDA and placing Ellis on LTIR. When TDA goes it's $3.7. Also, I think they can be 10% above the cap in the off season. Based on Cates signing, he should be around $3 mill. Easy cap fit.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked an we can be 10% above the cap in the summer. Ellis to LTIR gets us well below. If TDA can be moved, may not happen, then there is $3.73 and we still have 3 goalies on the roster.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked an we can be 10% above the cap in the summer. Ellis to LTIR gets us well below. If TDA can be moved, may not happen, then there is $3.73 and we still have 3 goalies on the roster.
Yeah, there will definitely not be any cap issues anytime soon, in my opinion. We're not going to be throwing big money at anyone for a long while. JvR and Hayes (although we're retaining half) are gone. DeAngelo will be joining them soon. Ellis should just fucking retire, but at least his cap hit gets muted eventually each season via LTIR. With all due respect, none of our pending RFA's (minus possibly Carter Hart) will be due a huge raise until maybe Cates and York are up in two years.

Briere is in good shape if he just keeps doing what he's doing. I think the difficult part is just taking that next step once the team starts getting consistently good. So, maybe 4-5 years from now...Lol

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's before trading TDA and placing Ellis on LTIR. When TDA goes it's $3.7. Also, I think they can be 10% above the cap in the off season. Based on Cates signing, he should be around $3 mill. Easy cap fit.
Im not sure the TDA trade will happen as of now Carolina has moved its sights to Karlsson. The LTIR rules are complicated. Id like to know why Ellis ever comes off LTIR. I guess if he is medically cleared we cant put him on that list and get the cap relief.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he take the same amount of money Cates got. Its crazy to see we are still paying Lindblom.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3