• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 schedule wasn't that easy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. I said it would depend. Also, give DG a chance to answer my scenario of the NYG.
What? that is what this whole debate is about. IS RR safe if he wins a playoff game? Skinsdad say no. Are you saying yes now? Simple answer

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? that is what this whole debate is about. IS RR safe if he wins a playoff game? Skinsdad say no. Are you saying yes now? Simple answer

I am saying what I have always said. It is not a simple answer and has to be evaluated on circumstance.

Did we squeak into the playoffs? Did we get in because all the other QBs in our division were injured? Who did we beat in the playoffs? If it is the most overrated #2 seed in history and we lose 38-7 in round 2, hell no RR is not safe. If we beat our round 1 opponent, lose to the NFC Champs by 3, and we’re on a 5-8 game win streak to get into the playoffs, sure I would keep him if Sam Howell is the QB for 2024.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying what I have always said. It is not a simple answer and has to be evaluated on circumstance.

Did we squeak into the playoffs? Did we get in because all the other QBs in our division were injured? Who did we beat in the playoffs? If it is the most overrated #2 seed in history and we lose 38-7 in round 2, hell no RR is not safe. If we beat our round 1 opponent, lose to the NFC Champs by 3, and we’re on a 5-8 game win streak to get into the playoffs, sure I would keep him if Sam Howell is the QB for 2024.

it is a simple answer. you are waffling. Beating a #2 seed in the playoffs is a job saver. Coaches' jobs are on the line if they don't make the playoffs. If RR does and wins, you are saying his job is still on the line.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a simple answer. you are waffling. Beating a #2 seed in the playoffs is a job saver. Coaches' jobs are on the line if they don't make the playoffs. If RR does and wins, you are saying his job is still on the line.

I think you are still struggling with definitions. I have never waffled and always said the same thing.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are still struggling with definitions. I have never waffled and always said the same thing.

you can't give a straight answer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't give a straight answer.

OK…here is the straight answer.

If RR wins a playoff game, we should evaluate how the team did and determine if we keep RR.

I would not make a decision based solely on a single game metric.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure but its a playoff birth. took the super bowl champs into the 4th qtr.
and most adults understand that is a mirage and not an indicator of anything . what happened the following year dean ? nothing

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and most adults understand that is a mirage and not an indicator of anything . what happened the following year dean ? nothing

true for alot of reasons. Hey you had the balls to say RR is fired if he wins a playoff game this year. I respect that. I disagree but I respect your stance.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true for alot of reasons. Hey you had the balls to say RR is fired if he wins a playoff game this year. I respect that. I disagree but I respect your stance.
the things is dean , does RR say to you superbowl winning team ? that is the question that has to be answered to say he is worth keeping with a 9 win season with a playoff win . right now i see 6 -7 wins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If RR wins a playoff game, we should evaluate how the team did and determine if we keep RR.

r

a yes or no would be a straight answer but I will take that from you. At least you are saying there is hope for RR here if he wins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the things is dean , does RR say to you superbowl winning team ? that is the question that has to be answered to say he is worth keeping with a 9 win season with a playoff win . right now i see 6 -7 wins

It depends on what happens this season. The defense looks great. IF Howell can play well, we should be in the playoffs. Do you give another win total prediction after preseason? Even gk said over 6.5 wins this year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r

a yes or no would be a straight answer but I will take that from you. At least you are saying there is hope for RR here if he wins.

A yes or no would be a stupid answer. Does he keep his job if he gets into the playoffs because we won the division at 7-10 because Hurts and Dak got hurt week 1, Daniel Jones is what we know he is and that is a sucky QB…then we get to the playoffs and beat a wild card team that is forced to start their third string QB, who gets hurt in that game and so does the fourth string QB, and they have to move a WR to QB…then we proceed to go into the second round, losing 38-7 to an actual NFL team? Give me a straight answer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A yes or no would be a stupid answer. Does he keep his job if he gets into the playoffs because we won the division at 7-10 because Hurts and Dak got hurt week 1, Daniel Jones is what we know he is and that is a sucky QB…then we get to the playoffs and beat a wild card team that is forced to start their third string QB, who gets hurt in that game and so does the fourth string QB, and they have to move a WR to QB…then we proceed to go into the second round, losing 38-7 to an actual NFL team? Give me a straight answer.

i dont care what the scenario. RR wins a playoff game he stays. You can call it anyway you want.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning one fluke playoff win does NOT erase 9 out of 13 years of below-average to mediocre performances.

The lack of big-picture awareness is frightening to me. I think Sty is right, Dean is a social media influencer for the Commanders.

The idea that Rivera will step down as team President/GM just to focus on coaching is laughable. They would have to rewrite his contract to reflect this.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, you are firing him after a playoff win?

Yes. Its not him the person, its him the coach. If I'm in Josh Harris mode, i want to hire my own folks. Rivera has shown me He's not even a .500 guy. It took a league schedule change for Rivera to get over 7 wins. That's concerning, that's not helping me get out of my 6 billie hole and start making money and pleasing the fans. Its superbowl or bust mentality. The only exception for me, is losing the superbowl. I'd have to strongly consider keeping him, not 100% sold but it would be considered

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Its not him the person, its him the coach. If I'm in Josh Harris mode, i want to hire my own folks. Rivera has shown me He's not even a .500 guy. It took a league schedule change for Rivera to get over 7 wins. That's concerning, that's not helping me get out of my 6 billie hole and start making money and pleasing the fans. Its superbowl or bust mentality. The only exception for me, is losing the superbowl. I'd have to strongly consider keeping him, not 100% sold but it would be considered
I would say Rivera the GM is worse than Rivera the coach. That being said, is there another coach in the NFL currently employed who has had 5 straight losing seasons? Dean has not named one.

He is going into year 4 without having identified and developed his QB. That is unforgivable.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok. So, you are firing JDR and EB too after a playoff win? You said Harris wants to hire his own folks. Technically JDR and EB are not Harris' folks. Doesn't winning a playoff game bring more fans in to make money and bring more interest to the team?