• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Rosterbation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, no teams are talking to him atm. That would be illegal.

Right?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, no teams are talking to him atm. That would be illegal.

Right?
John Candy Reaction GIF

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Updated today. Giants and Mariners supposedly considered the top contenders.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t thought about actual baseball in a LONG time.

So here goes an updated expected opening day 26 (though no word of what the opening day roster size or the regular roster size will be…)

Webb
Rodon
Disco
Wood
Cobb

Doval
McGee
Rogers
Alvarez
Garcia
Leone
(Beede and Littell are out of options)

Bart
Cassali

Belt
La Stella
Crawford
Longoria
Flores
(Dubon and Estrada are out of options)

Yastrzemski
Wade
Slater
Ruf
(Duggar is out of options)

That leaves us at 22 “locked” spots. I think Estrada likely has the inside track on one of the inf Util spots and I think there is still a strong possibility of us getting Suzuki. Unless we sign another reliever (Watson?), I think Beede and Littell have the inside tracks for the last 2 bully spots.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So here goes an updated expected opening day 26 (though no word of what the opening day roster size or the regular roster size will be…)

Webb
Rodon
Disco
Wood
Cobb

Doval
McGee
Rogers
Alvarez
Garcia
Leone

Bart
Cassali

Belt
La Stella
Crawford
Longoria
Flores

Yastrzemski
Wade
Slater
Ruf

That leaves us at 22 “locked” spots. I think Estrada likely has the inside track on one of the inf Util spots and I think there is still a strong possibility of us getting Suzuki. Unless we sign another reliever (Watson?), I think Beede and Littell have the inside tracks for the last 2 bully spots.

Rodon will break down and be out for the season by September, but his signing is very exciting.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodon will break down and be out for the season by September, but his signing is very exciting.
I am talking out of my ass, but…

Maybe the Giants can get him pull back a bit on his FB to only throw 95 instead of 99 every pitch and that might help preserve his arm…

No idea if that is why he has an injury history, but it is a thought.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the Giants can get him pull back a bit on his FB to only throw 95 instead of 99 every pitch and that might help preserve his arm…

That's a good idea. Dropping a little velocity is worth it if it will preserve your arm. I imagine that 95 mph isn't much different from 99 mph to a MLB hitter. Also, I think it's more about the movement of the pitch that gives problems to a hitter. I think Krukow has made this point about velocity and movement many, many times over the years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Webb
Rodon
Disco
Wood
Cobb

Doval
McGee
Rogers
Alvarez
Garcia
Leone

Bart
Cassali

Belt
La Stella
Crawford
Longoria
Flores

Yastrzemski
Wade
Slater
Ruf

I checked out after the Dodger season ending series..

Is Watson unsigned? Love to see him back

I find it unrealistic to go into '22 with only Bart and Cassali behind the plate. Also don't see how they'd carry 3 catchers unless there's a stud DH out there. Gotta believe Bart may be on the block

So is Ruf the de-facto DH in this scenario?

On another topic, why do we even pretend to have 2 leagues at this point? Just have a west and east coast division (in my world they would not meet until the post season) and let TV decide on how many subdivisions are required for enough playoff games to justify their contract (not my preference, but it's all about the TV post season revenue)

Hope you all come out of the '21 and '22 Covid season unscathed. Great to be Giant's posting again

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it unrealistic to go into '22 with only Bart and Cassali behind the plate. Also don't see how they'd carry 3 catchers unless there's a stud DH out there. Gotta believe Bart may be on the block

On another topic, why do we even pretend to have 2 leagues at this point? Just have a west and east coast division (in my world they would not meet until the post season) and let TV decide on how many subdivisions are required for enough playoff games to justify their contract (not my preference, but it's all about the TV post season revenue)

Hope you all come out of the '21 and '22 Covid season unscathed. Great to be Giant's posting again
The massive realignment subject has been getting a lot of play the last couple days. With the loss of the DH issue, I am in favor of a drastic realignment and renaming of the leagues/conferences.

Larry Baer was on one of the KNBR shows today or yesterday and the topic came up. He seemed very receptive to it, but acknowledged that there would likely need to be an expansion first. It seems like going to 32 teams is a foregone conclusion. The Rays and A’s just need to get their shit straight first.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The massive realignment subject has been getting a lot of play the last couple days. With the loss of the DH issue, I am in favor of a drastic realignment and renaming of the leagues/conferences.

Larry Baer was on one of the KNBR shows today or yesterday and the topic came up. He seemed very receptive to it, but acknowledged that there would likely need to be an expansion first. It seems like going to 32 teams is a foregone conclusion. The Rays and A’s just need to get their shit straight first.

Getting the west coast teams travel schedule more manageable would seem to be a prime motivator.

I really don't want to see more mediocre or worse franchises. That was a consideration when our group dropped season tix, a significant number of visiting teams were not of interest

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we only really need a right handed OF bat. All other jobs can be filled internally.

I think the org is looking at Suzuki first. I figure we can get him on something like 4/50. If we miss out on Suzuki, than I think we should target…

Kris Bryant

we would just need to temper our expectations. He is NOT an MVP level player and his defense is passible at best. But he can offer an .850 - .900 OPS with 25+ HR and fill in adequately at all 3 OF positions as well as acting as the primary BU 3B and occasional 1B. That is probably worth 5/100. And he probably would rather stay here than go elsewhere (though his bbf Harper is courting him for Philly).

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we only really need a right handed OF bat. All other jobs can be filled internally.

I think the org is looking at Suzuki first. I figure we can get him on something like 4/50. If we miss out on Suzuki, than I think we should target…

Kris Bryant

we would just need to temper our expectations. He is NOT an MVP level player and his defense is passible at best. But he can offer an .850 - .900 OPS with 25+ HR and fill in adequately at all 3 OF positions as well as acting as the primary BU 3B and occasional 1B. That is probably worth 5/100. And he probably would rather stay here than go elsewhere (though his bbf Harper is courting him for Philly).
And he is still unsigned...?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think ( and I don’t know shit from Shinola) that most of the league hit the wall last year, given the 70 game previous season. Rodóns fade was pretty understandable, and Webbys finish was astonishing. That said, the ChiSox had him for 5 years and didn’t even offer the QO, so…

his ceiling is Cy Young elite and he’s on a two year deal. You have to like this signing, even if it blows up.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hello Stanford. Hope you and yours are healthy.

Re the bullpen: I think it stands like this as of now —
McGee
Harleeen
Alvarez
Leone
Doval
Castro
Rogers
Long

but I think FZ picks up a reliever or two in the next month. Watson is still out there as a FA. I think we will add another ML caliber catcher as well. He won’t be exciting, but he will be in Sac. Ruf will get a lot of ABs as the DH, but they will play matchups and spot rest starters too.

as for the schedule — I’m not sure everyone knows how it will change in 2023 —

12 games vs the other 4 teams in the NLW (48 games)
6 games vs the other 10 NL teams (60 games)
3 games against 14 AL teams (42 games)
12 games vs the A’ss

AL games would switch every year — e.g. if we have the 3 Yanka$$ games in Oracle in 2023, we play 3 in NY in 2024. Sort of an NBA style schedule.

initial thoughts are that I like it — all teams in the NLW play essentially the same schedule (except for the rivalry games), we see every team every year, and divisions still make sense.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. There will be 2 new teams by 2024. Then 8, four team divisions. Probably a schedule like this;

18 games v the other 3 division teams (54 games)
6 games v rest of NL (72 games)
6 games v one AL division (24 games) — this will rotate on a 4 year cycle
12 games vs the Ass

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ( and I don’t know shit from Shinola) that most of the league hit the wall last year, given the 70 game previous season. Rodóns fade was pretty understandable, and Webbys finish was astonishing. That said, the ChiSox had him for 5 years and didn’t even offer the QO, so…

his ceiling is Cy Young elite and he’s on a two year deal. You have to like this signing, even if it blows up.
Yup. Worst case scenario is we have a 3-level SP for portions of 2 seasons. Ceiling is we have a CY winner for 1 season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Stanford. Hope you and yours are healthy.

Re the bullpen: I think it stands like this as of now —
McGee
Harleeen
Alvarez
Leone
Doval
Castro
Rogers
Long

but I think FZ picks up a reliever or two in the next month. Watson is still out there as a FA. I think we will add another ML caliber catcher as well. He won’t be exciting, but he will be in Sac. Ruf will get a lot of ABs as the DH, but they will play matchups and spot rest starters too.

as for the schedule — I’m not sure everyone knows how it will change in 2023 —

12 games vs the other 4 teams in the NLW (48 games)
6 games vs the other 10 NL teams (60 games)
3 games against 14 AL teams (42 games)
12 games vs the A’ss

AL games would switch every year — e.g. if we have the 3 Yanka$$ games in Oracle in 2023, we play 3 in NY in 2024. Sort of an NBA style schedule.

initial thoughts are that I like it — all teams in the NLW play essentially the same schedule (except for the rivalry games), we see every team every year, and divisions still make sense.
Padres = Mariners
Dodgers = Angels
Giants = A’s
Diamondbacks = ??
Rockies = ??