• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with it.. Not picking until 64 your expectations go down. I think we got some exciting pieces to play with though. After a draft I always try to focus on the positives of the players we drafted... I think we all get caught up in our feelings when a draft is going on. If they take a player you weren't high on or didn't talk a lot about you are let down a little bit but once they become Broncos and you move on from the "feelings" side of the draft you buy in.

The draft is all about our feelings! ;)

We took some guys I really like. From top to bottom it wasn't a draft that really got the skittles bowl flying in the air but overall it is hard to complain. We got some good upside and I think overall at the end of the day this draft is going to be decent. Especially if some of these day 3 picks reach their potential.

I often think the problem with the draft and people being upset is that fans read 7,000 mocks from January to the NFL Draft and guys are always valued higher/lower by NFL teams, so when we pass on guys people think are going to go much higher and take guys who go much higher then 7,000 mocks have them going, they instantly think their team is reaching.... You don't pass on players you LOVE and risk losing them if you like them well enough and no person knows a players value as well as NFL staff. Bottom line.
That being said we all have our own opinion and it is hard not to get caught up in your feelings when it comes to the draft. Overeall, I had an open mind this draft with not having glaring needs and not picking until 64 and overeall I wasn't expecting to LOVE this draft but I leave with a lot of hope and some fun picks that I didn't expect like Delarrin Turner-Yell and drafting a total of 3 DB's always makes a draft fun for me. ;)

I think I am fine with this overall. I was a little meh with Bonitto and Dulcich. Mostly on Dulcich because I wasn't looking to go TE on day 2 with so many that I liked later in the draft but looking back I am fine with it. The thing for me is I don't really see a player we passed on there that is of great value or someone I was dying to have. The value was more on day 3 this year then day 2 this year so I think we did do a good job of getting some value with that pick instead of "reaching" to just take another position.
We didn't draft till the 3rd round and beyond and still filled some spots.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still trust in Paton - and I liked this draft. It was not a BPA draft by any stretch of the imagination. This was a roster building - salary cap setting - added mortar draft. The Broncos intentionally took a pass on BPA.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with it.. Not picking until 64 your expectations go down. I think we got some exciting pieces to play with though. After a draft I always try to focus on the positives of the players we drafted... I think we all get caught up in our feelings when a draft is going on. If they take a player you weren't high on or didn't talk a lot about you are let down a little bit but once they become Broncos and you move on from the "feelings" side of the draft you buy in.

The draft is all about our feelings! ;)

We took some guys I really like. From top to bottom it wasn't a draft that really got the skittles bowl flying in the air but overall it is hard to complain. We got some good upside and I think overall at the end of the day this draft is going to be decent. Especially if some of these day 3 picks reach their potential.

I often think the problem with the draft and people being upset is that fans read 7,000 mocks from January to the NFL Draft and guys are always valued higher/lower by NFL teams, so when we pass on guys people think are going to go much higher and take guys who go much higher then 7,000 mocks have them going, they instantly think their team is reaching.... You don't pass on players you LOVE and risk losing them if you like them well enough and no person knows a players value as well as NFL staff. Bottom line.
That being said we all have our own opinion and it is hard not to get caught up in your feelings when it comes to the draft. Overeall, I had an open mind this draft with not having glaring needs and not picking until 64 and overeall I wasn't expecting to LOVE this draft but I leave with a lot of hope and some fun picks that I didn't expect like Delarrin Turner-Yell and drafting a total of 3 DB's always makes a draft fun for me. ;)

I think I am fine with this overall. I was a little meh with Bonitto and Dulcich. Mostly on Dulcich because I wasn't looking to go TE on day 2 with so many that I liked later in the draft but looking back I am fine with it. The thing for me is I don't really see a player we passed on there that is of great value or someone I was dying to have. The value was more on day 3 this year then day 2 this year so I think we did do a good job of getting some value with that pick instead of "reaching" to just take another position.
the other thing about the draft while everyone has an opinion those opinions are either validated or not within the next 2 years

it may be the only thing where fans can match wits with the GMs and be proven right or wrong

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Bradbury was released today. I doubt we sign him, but definitely worth bringing him in and making an offer.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I saw we should have about 10-13 million in cap space but they do like to roll some over from year to year so not a ton of space. Maybe enough to make an offer but probably not.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we even have the cap space to make an offer?
We have just under 13 mil and have signed some of our rookies, I think, but not totally sure. He got a solid amount guaranteed, so I don't think it would cost too much. Probably most of what we have available.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Young now a Raider. Goodbye and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Strike answered some prayers at the Kentucky Derby.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what Drew Lock is doing.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I love Alexander Johnson, I'd like to see Josey Jewell and Kenny Young resigned to go with Brandon Browning ... Young and Browning had some great games together - like at Dallas, where we kept them scoreless for most of the game ...

Jewell looked like he had taken another step forward in the games prior to the injury ... I would all for drafting a big time ILB too
I liked Kenny Young as well. I wonder if he didn't like Denver. He moved her mid season and then left. Now he is in Vegas, maybe he is more of a west coast type of guy.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Fuller signs one year with Ravens.