• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason Thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paton sit the door is still wide open for Gordon to return. He hasn't visited any teams thus far. He wants to return. We want him back. Money is a bit of an issue here, IMO... We will obviously have to be smart we don't we aren't going to be willing to give Gordon a l ot of money with Javonte Williams here obviously. It could be incentive based which I feel like a lot of RB's are going to have to go to in their contracts with the value of RB's being at an all time low.

I think you are starting to see things like this change college recruiting as well. DeaMonte Traynaum one of the best RB's in the nation a few years ago committed to Arizona State as a RB. Two years later hits the portal because he wants to play LB.
All the best Linebackers are former RBs.

Gordon made $8 million last year - he will sign for nothing close to $8 mil this go round. This is why the Broncos are letting him shop for his market spot. Gordon had a great year, but he will be doing good to have a $3 million base this year. Hell, Lindsay will come back for a buck 5 I'll bet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gordon knew his last contract was going to be his highest contract. That contract was done pretty well. We gave him 8 M a year in what was still the prime of his career at RB but as you know with any RB after that 7th year the decline comes at anytime. I think Gordon's best way to get paid is going to be signing 1 year deals and proving he still has it (Because he is still showing us he has it) and it is also going to make a team more comfortable giving him a little bit more per year instead of locking in him. I am expecting him to come back on a 1 year deal. Cheaper then last time but a deal worthy of him coming back here for another year.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look DC ……a DB!!!

squirrel GIF

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy I like late in the draft. Special Teams guy who can provide depth at S and upside to possibly start. Reminds me of a little bit of excitement I had with Sam Brandon coming out.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Steve Atwater mention! I came across this clip during Super Bowl. Made me laugh. Apparently he has a whole golf instruction thing in Instagram. Is this actually Los Grande Mojo??
“That’s hope you smack that shit, bro“

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:
The Broncos had their first voluntary minicamp practice of their new era on Monday, giving new head coach Nathaniel Hackett his first opportunity to do on-field work with new quarterback Russell Wilson.

But the offseason program has been going on for a few weeks now, giving Wilson and Hackett the chance to interact in the meeting room on a daily basis. That’s already made the partnership between the two men start to jell.

“[Hackett’s] an amazing teacher, and I think that’s what you love about it,” Wilson said Monday, via Aric DiLalla of the team’s website. “I think everybody’s learning at such a rapid pace, at an exponential rate. That’s been really amazing. He just brings great energy. He’s young, he’s vibrant, he brings that intelligence to the game. Obviously, he’s got a great pedigree and everything else and he wants to win, too. Our relationship’s really tight.”

The partnership between a head coach and quarterback is one of the most important on any team, so the Broncos need that to work to be successful. At least for the first practice, Wilson described a session where most things went well.

“We were really sharp,” Wilson said. “We were really on our idea of executing, getting in and out of the huddle, playing crisp football. That was very evident today, so that was really exciting to see that. That’s a testament to great coaching by the guys and just the guys working hard themselves and studying and getting in the playbook.”

There’s a long way to go before the Broncos play their first game, but the Hackett-Wilson era is at least off to a positive start in the spring.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:
The Broncos had their first voluntary minicamp practice of their new era on Monday, giving new head coach Nathaniel Hackett his first opportunity to do on-field work with new quarterback Russell Wilson.

But the offseason program has been going on for a few weeks now, giving Wilson and Hackett the chance to interact in the meeting room on a daily basis. That’s already made the partnership between the two men start to jell.

“[Hackett’s] an amazing teacher, and I think that’s what you love about it,” Wilson said Monday, via Aric DiLalla of the team’s website. “I think everybody’s learning at such a rapid pace, at an exponential rate. That’s been really amazing. He just brings great energy. He’s young, he’s vibrant, he brings that intelligence to the game. Obviously, he’s got a great pedigree and everything else and he wants to win, too. Our relationship’s really tight.”

The partnership between a head coach and quarterback is one of the most important on any team, so the Broncos need that to work to be successful. At least for the first practice, Wilson described a session where most things went well.

“We were really sharp,” Wilson said. “We were really on our idea of executing, getting in and out of the huddle, playing crisp football. That was very evident today, so that was really exciting to see that. That’s a testament to great coaching by the guys and just the guys working hard themselves and studying and getting in the playbook.”

There’s a long way to go before the Broncos play their first game, but the Hackett-Wilson era is at least off to a positive start in the spring.
I'm glad to see this. From out here in Texas - the fragments I have seen of Hackett - make him look like a shallow cheerleader in the organization. This kind of information - begins to prove that wrong. Let's hope it continues. Everything is peaches and cream until the mud flies.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson trade is going to be the steal of the century for this franchise. He’s a great player, leader and a bit of a coach on the field. He has the X factor. And although he might’ve “lost a step”, the intangibles he brings with his winning attitude is unsurpassed

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to see this. From out here in Texas - the fragments I have seen of Hackett - make him look like a shallow cheerleader in the organization. This kind of information - begins to prove that wrong. Let's hope it continues. Everything is peaches and cream until the mud flies.
What makes you say he is a "shollow cheerleader"?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you say he is a "shollow cheerleader"?
I'm just saying from my perch in Texas for the snippets of news I see - Hackett is not presented in depth enough to look as anything other than that to me. Which is why I was happy to see the report quoted by DC.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying from my perch in Texas for the snippets of news I see - Hackett is not presented in depth enough to look as anything other than that to me. Which is why I was happy to see the report quoted by DC.
His demeanor lends itself to that as well. I completely understand what you're saying. From south eastern Texas.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have spent enough time in Texas to hear what you are saying. I hadn't seen much from Hackett either, which I am pretty please with actually.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was saying, ;) , I’m not sure what the confusion is on Hackett. His reputation is being an outstanding communicator and teacher. So I’m not surprised at all. Right now appears to be the honeymoon period. Let’s hope it lasts more than a couple games into the season!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was saying, ;) , I’m not sure what the confusion is on Hackett. His reputation is being an outstanding communicator and teacher. So I’m not surprised at all. Right now appears to be the honeymoon period. Let’s hope it lasts more than a couple games into the season!
his rah rah personality will only go as
far as his winning pct