• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason Thread

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MORE money to burn.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ Wilson's going to get a contract extension too - right?

I saw something a few months back that caught my eye - at that time the Broncos had almost $40 million in cap space, but it said the Broncos could get another $30 million by contract maneuvering.

Interesting that in the Fangio years - the Broncos first got an oversupply of DBs as the first order of business. This Bronco version has really only 4 CBs (PS2 - Darby- Bassey and Ojemudia) as we speak. That makes me a little nervous, but not likely something Paton has already gamed out in his head, The market might make sense to have waited as Harris Jr, Callahan and Gilmore might agree to low salary cap money - and a good chance to hit performance bonuses. Tyrann Mathieu also seems to be waiting for something.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere over the last few days that Russ’s extension isn’t imminent.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere over the last few days that Russ’s extension isn’t imminent.
To me that's an indication Russ Wilson is allowing his extension to ride, because there is more room to get salary cap help - so when the Broncos are done putting the roster together - Wilson kicks in with his cooperation. I'll bet he would make room for a Collins deal.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe we were freeing up so much cap to bring Gordon back???

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need CB depth more then a S or RB. I think Gordon is more likely the Kareem or the Honey Badger. Paton has said they would like Callahan and Kareem back, so who knows.

Sit back and enjoy the ride to what should be a fun season.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now know Nathaniel Hackett will be the next HC. The coordinators have yet to be hired, but the OC doesn't matter as Hackett will run his system and the DC seems likely to reaming a 3-4 based on the canidates. I am probably wrong, but for this I am going to assume the defense will remain a 3-4.

We have had some conversations on trading for a QB, specifically Rodgers. I think it is easy to we need a QB so trade for Rodgers or Wilson, or not wanting to give up several picks and players. I think we need to look at were the roster is at, and what can we trade and still be competitive this year. The roster Below is per Spotrack.com.

Offesnse:
QB:
Drew Lock - Starter
Brett Rypien - RFA

RB:
Javonte Williams - Starter
Mike Boone
Damarea Crockett
Adrian Killins - ERFA

WR:
Courtland Sutton - Starter
Tim Patrick - Starter
Jerry Jeudy - Starter
KJ Hamler
Kendal Hinton
Seth Williams
Tyrie Cleveland
Travis Fulgham
Diontae Spencer - RFA

TE:
Noah Fant - Starter???
Albert Okwuegbunam
Shaun Beyer

OLine:
Garett Bolles - LT Starter
Dalton Risner - LG Starter???
Graham Glasgow - C/RG Starter???
Lloyd Cushenberry - C
Quinn Meinerz - C/RG Starter
Netane Muti - G
Clavin Anderson - RT - Starter???
Quin Bailey - T
Cody Conway - T
Drew Himmelman - T
Zachary Johnson - T
Casey Tucker - T

Defense:
DLine:
Shelby Harris - Starter
Mike Purcell - Starter
Dre'Mont Jones - Starter
DeShawn Williams - RFA - DT
McTelvin Agim
Jonathan Harris - DT
Jonathan Kongbo -DE
Marquiss Spencer - DE

OLB:
Bradley Chubb - Starter - Potential Trade piece
Malik Reed - RFA - Starter???
Jonathon Cooper - Starter???
Andre Mintz
Aaron Patrick
Natrez Patrick - RFA

ILB:
Baron Brwoning - Starter
Jonas Griffith - ERFA - Starter
Mica Kiser - RFA
Justin Strnad
Barring Wade

CB:
Ronald Darby -Starter
Patrick Surtain II - Starter
Michael Ojemudia - Nickel???

S:
Justin Simmons - Starter
Caden Sterns - Starter???
Jamar Johnson
P.J. Locke - ERFE

Special Teams:

K:
Brandon McManus - K - Starter

P:
Sam Martin - Starter???
Corliss Waitman

LS:
Jacob Bobenmoyer

So if I am looking out the roster we have the following needs:
  • QB - Need to add another player or 2 via trade, FA, or draft
  • RB - Need to add better depth through FA or draft
  • TE - Need a blocking TE from FA or draft
  • Oline - RT potentially, reed to increse depth across all positions through FA or draft
  • DLine - Increase Depth in FA or draft
  • OLB - Upgrade starter and increase depth
  • CB - Need more players and depth across the board
  • S - Increase depth if available
It is a tough descision what makes this team better. George has some tough decisions to make.
So Baron Browning is going to get a look at OLB?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is Hill leaving the Chiefs takes one large whammy off of the Chief's offense. Mahomes and Hill are no longer a double whammy.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking at any stats, it seems to me that Tyreek Hill hasn't always been the Broncos nemisis. I'm sure he had some good games against our squad but I also know that there were some games that we mostly shut him down. It's that damn Mahomie and his ability to create something out of nothing AND Travis Kelce. Those two are the real Bronco killers. Andy Reid will figure it out and now they have a TON of draft picks. I'm not even close to writing the Chiefs off this season.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is Hill leaving the Chiefs takes one large whammy off of the Chief's offense. Mahomes and Hill are no longer a double whammy.
And we don’t have to play Hill twice a year.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking at any stats, it seems to me that Tyreek Hill hasn't always been the Broncos nemisis. I'm sure he had some good games against our squad but I also know that there were some games that we mostly shut him down. It's that damn Mahomie and his ability to create something out of nothing AND Travis Kelce. Those two are the real Bronco killers. Andy Reid will figure it out and now they have a TON of draft picks. I'm not even close to writing the Chiefs off this season.
I don't think anyone is writing off the Chiefs because of this trade, but it does change their offense and will impact Mahones AND Kelce. The Broncos were pretty good, at least last year, in limiting Hill's huge plays, but by doing so opened up the middle of the field and Kelce because of the two high shell they played to do so. There is no receiver in football that can take the top off a defense like Tyreek. It just can't be duplicated. Too bad he went to a QB that I am not sure can get him the ball down the field in Tua.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is writing off the Chiefs because of this trade, but it does change their offense and will impact Mahones AND Kelce. The Broncos were pretty good, at least last year, in limiting Hill's huge plays, but by doing so opened up the middle of the field and Kelce because of the two high shell they played to do so. There is no receiver in football that can take the top off a defense like Tyreek. It just can't be duplicated. Too bad he went to a QB that I am not sure can get him the ball down the field in Tua.
Yep, I get all that. Just not ready to celebrate the Chief's demise until we get a look at the whole picture after the draft and training camp. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that KC is losing an elite weapon like Hill but they'll still have plenty of weapons for Mahomes.

The Broncos played the Chiefs well last year with a banged up defense and mediocre QB play. I do expect to at least split with them this year and end that lousy streak.