• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Larry would run it back with us..... He's a fun guy to have on a line rotation because he makes some crazy splash-type plays at big moments in games. The folks that watch films and run numbers say he doesn't always do his job because he's going for the big play, but I really liked having him on our side.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Larry would run it back with us..... He's a fun guy to have on a line rotation because he makes some crazy splash-type plays at big moments in games. The folks that watch films and run numbers say he doesn't always do his job because he's going for the big play, but I really liked having him on our side.
I am amazed he picked the Steelers but that fills a huge hole after Tuitt retired (granted Tuitt hasn't really played much recently).

Now hopefully that is the end of Mason Rudolph in Pittsburgh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am amazed he picked the Steelers but that fills a huge hole after Tuitt retired (granted Tuitt hasn't really played much recently).
Indeed. Feels pretty similar to when DeCastro retired & they plugged that hole with Trai Turner... I will obviously hope for better results with Ogunjobi lol
Now hopefully that is the end of Mason Rudolph in Pittsburgh.
Wishful thinking

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll trade you Ogunjobi for Hilton straight up lol

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll trade you Ogunjobi for Hilton straight up lol
LOL. I don't blame you! Hilton has been terrific for this team in more ways than one. One of the very rare cases where the Steelers let one get away that continues to perform or play even better after they left.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I don't blame you! Hilton has been terrific for this team in more ways than one. One of the very rare cases where the Steelers let one get away that continues to perform or play even better after they left.
I think we discussed this many times before... But man I still hate that they let Hilton go lol.

That man was a godsend when he first entered the building via rookie tryouts as a UDFA. At the time, all eyes were on his more popular counterpart & college teammate Senquez Golson... For obvious reasons. But Mike Hilton quickly yet quietly made a name for himself in camps, becoming a slot/nickel starter right out the gate... Hardly anybody knew his name week 1 that year as a rookie. Maurkice Pouncey sung his praises all throughout August and nobody really listened until people were lookin up his name when the season started lol. He & the team were very fortunate that Senquez Golson couldn't stay healthy because he may never have gotten the opportunity.

Steelers had multiple opportunities to extend him but they kept using the ERFA tag to keep him locked up short term. Even though he was outproducing that contract 2 years in a row. I absolutely hated that. I have plenty of receipts around here to verify this lol. I understood it because it was smart business... But I wanted him locked up long term. And I believe the Steelers thought they could rival any contracts offered on the open market, which in hindsight was under-predicting the market... And that ended up biting them in the ass. Also fair to point out they were still dealing with AB's massive dead hit at the time which sort of handcuffed them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that PFF is a great indicator but damn...

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I was mentioning about Larry..... I'd watch a game and think "damn, that guy did some stuff out there today. He made some game-changing plays." Then I'd go and look at the PFF ratings and see him ranked at the bottom of the D. The way that I've heard it explained is that he sometimes forgoes his responsibility in an attempt to make a big play. And, sometimes that really works! I think he also gets penalized for missing tackles on plays where he's beaten his guy got in the backfield and just missed the tackle - But, if it disrupts the play and the ball carrier is down, I'll take it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Pickett, who will sign a four-year deal worth $14 million fully guaranteed, there’s really only one issue possible, the structure of the payments. The standard rookie contract entails a signing bonus and four years of base salary. But several players now negotiate for large roster bonuses at the beginning of training camp, and minimum salaries. The money is equal, but the players get more up front. However, the Steelers have never agreed to that structure for first-round picks.​

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, $8m is a steal even if he achieves the incentives. He was set to make $13-14m per year with the Bears, but he failed a physical because of a foot injury.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Pickett, who will sign a four-year deal worth $14 million fully guaranteed, there’s really only one issue possible, the structure of the payments. The standard rookie contract entails a signing bonus and four years of base salary. But several players now negotiate for large roster bonuses at the beginning of training camp, and minimum salaries. The money is equal, but the players get more up front. However, the Steelers have never agreed to that structure for first-round picks.​
Good breakdown here: BTSC - Updating the Steelers' Salary Cap After Pickett & Ogunjobi

$21.4m cap space after Pickett. Still waiting on the details for Ogunjobi's contract layout, but ballparking roughly $5m for him which would put the space around $16.4m.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh... DJ's pricetag is lookin more & more steep by the day

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03