• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him walk. Draft his replacement this year.
If I felt better about Claypool I’d say yes… but this entire WR group is sketchy. DJ made some good strides last year being one of the most consistent WRs in the league through the regular season. I’d love to see what he can do with a QB with arm talent & an offense that doesn’t have training wheels.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK's asking price might be a little steep.

They must want multiple picks. That’s nuts they’d turn down a pick with that sort of value though.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. My take on quarterbacks in this draft class since that's where the Steelers want to go if they can.

1. Matt Corral. The only QB I would trade up for. I think anything past the 10-spot has decent value. Like his arm, moxy, mobility. There's still a good bit of risk/reward here but I do like the upside. He's got a cannon and legs for days.

2. Kenny Pickett. Safe, kinda like Matt Jones last year. Unspectacular but does a lot of things well. Wouldn't hate getting him at 20. Not a fan of moving up for him though.

3. Malik Willis. If he's there at our pick in the second it's a decent value.

4. Sam Howell. If he's there in the 4th round he could be a decent backup with upside.

5. Desmond Ridder. Priority free agent/camp body. This guy sucks.
Just wait when he is their 1st round pick. :L

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have sent Tomlin and/or Colbert to the following Pro Days. They strive to pick from that list.

Alabama: Evan Neal (gone), Jameson Williams, Christian Harris, John Metchie
Clemson: Andrew Booth Jr. (gone)
Cincinnati: Ahmad Gardner (gone), Desmond Ridder
Duke: No one
Georgia: Trayvon Walker, (gone), Devonte Wyatt, Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean, Lewis Cine, George Pickens
Liberty: Malik Willis
LSU: Derek Stingley Jr.
Michigan: Aidan Hutchinson (gone), David Ojabo, Daxon Hill
North Carolina: Sam Howell
North Carolina State: Ikem Ekwonu (gone)
Notre Dame: Kyle Hamilton
Ole Miss: Matt Corral
Pittsburgh: Kenny Pickett

Some will be gone in the top 10 for sure. Others have a chance to drop, or at least get in range. Only posting the ones who are likely firsts and high 2nd's.

These are the guys that the Steelers are picking from.

QB: Desmond Ridder, Malik Willis, Sam Howell, Matt Corral, Kenny Pickett
WR: Jameson Williams, John Metchie, George Pickens
DB: Lewis Cine Jr, Derek Stingley Jr., Daxon Hill, Kyle Hamilton
DL: Devonte Wyatt, Jordan Davis

My preference in order would be: Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, Devonte Wyatt, Daxon Hill, Derek Stingley Jr. Jameson Williams.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preference in order would be: Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, Devonte Wyatt, Daxon Hill, Derek Stingley Jr. Jameson Williams.
Excellent work on that post.

This would be my preference too based on the list. I’d probably slide Pickett in there, maybe between Wyatt & Hill. I like him best out of the QBs but the upside that Hamilton, Davis & Wyatt bring are less risky.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent work on that post.

This would be my preference too based on the list. I’d probably slide Pickett in there, maybe between Wyatt & Hill. I like him best out of the QBs but the upside that Hamilton, Davis & Wyatt bring are less risky.
Wyatt is an outlier, as they like younger under-classmen.
Kenny and Corral would be, too.

I'd probably say that kicks all 3 far down on the Steelers list.

As far as QB's go, Howell checks the most boxes for the Steelers. IMO. And that's the guy that Colbert seems to have zeroed in on

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dobbs signs in Cleveland. If it is to get inside info on the Steelers playbook, jokes on them. The Steelers have Matt Canada.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im slowly accepting our trade up for willis
Steelers aren't the only team with a hard on for Willis. We're just the ones least able to hide it.

He could go as early as Two.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dobbs signs in Cleveland. If it is to get inside info on the Steelers playbook, jokes on them. The Steelers have Matt Canada.
Bummed. I always liked Dobbs & never felt like he got a fair shake at QB2 over the years. He was valuable as a bench QB though. Ben credited a lot of success to Dobbs relaying insights on the sideline. He would make a great OC someday.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another safety off the market… Edmunds’ value is free falling

Edit: forgot to post the tweet

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummed. I always liked Dobbs & never felt like he got a fair shake at QB2 over the years. He was valuable as a bench QB though. Ben credited a lot of success to Dobbs relaying insights on the sideline. He would make a great OC someday.
Weve talked about that in the past iirc. I was always confident dobbs could win a game. Ben loved dobbs. He was his go to on the sidelines. Great dude.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I’m right there with you. Ridder, much like EVERY prospect this year, has very inconsistent film… the mechanics show some very raw prospects whose projections are really just based on hopes & dreams right now. Any other year I think most of these guys are 2nd Rd talents at best. Pickett is the only guy that jumps out at me as having the best makeup of arm & cerebral talent, but I think he should sit a year before starting. But I am somewhat biased here as I watched him pretty much all year. The rest of the guys I just watch analysis film on.

Ridder has flashed some great talent but has mixed that with plenty of shit film. I agree his footwork & mechanics are very troublesome. He’s going to need a lot of work. I like his film better than Malik Willis though. Which is crazy to me seeing the Willis hype train where it is. Willis is wildly erratic, having the worst accuracy stats of the entire draft class. He was downright abysmal at reading the intermediate window on film, but hey, he has a great deep ball so let’s drink the koolaid! Corral is somewhere between IMO. Better anticipator & gets through his progressions more fluidly, but still pretty erratic delivery.
I think Corral and Pickett are both first-round talents. That's not to say that I want them, but I can see it and at that position IMHO if you want them then that's the price you pay. I like Corral's mobility and anticipation. I like his leadership traits and his arm. I'd feel a lot better if he did more "pro-stuff" though. Some of that tape makes me wonder if he will translate. Pickett seems safe. My concern with him is if he has elite NFL play in him. He feels like... Derek Carr to me. Which isn't bad I guess.

Willis is awful. I've got him above Ridder but I get you. I can see that. Either one would be an absolute waste of a 1st round pick. And I think one of these two end up a Steeler because Tomlin has a boner for them.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I felt better about Claypool I’d say yes… but this entire WR group is sketchy. DJ made some good strides last year being one of the most consistent WRs in the league through the regular season. I’d love to see what he can do with a QB with arm talent & an offense that doesn’t have training wheels.
I'd love to see it but I don't want to pay for it before I do. I see a lot of guys in this class that IMHO can do what he does. Add Landry and draft a couple guys.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... you're sayin there's a chance he falls? I'd like to hear more about this

@Bridgeburner

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think where I'm at on Pickett...

My head says no. Not enough upside.

My heart says yes. Would really love to root for this kid in black and gold.