• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you judge LeBron's entire legacy on the '11 Finals? wiggy is that you?

Maybe not his entire legacy, but it was a pretty brutal year for him.

That was the year of The Decision, of Not 1, Not 2, of disappearing in 4th quarters (remember the ''why don't you ask Lebron for change for a dollar'' jokes lol) and then he and DWade were caught on camera during the finals mocking Dirk because he had a cold.

Have all that go on, then turn around and not win the title...yeah, that will effect your legacy. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Lebron might still bring a solid return because he has shown he can still play at an all star level. AD is a little tougher because he's younger, can still be a top 5 player when healthy, but hasn't shown he can stay healthy and it's starting to look like he may not be willing to put in the work to stay healthy (assuming that's possible).

The biggest prob, imo, with Lebron is that he can just retire if the Lakers want to trade him to non-contender, but a contender isn't giving much up for him because it would take away too much of what made them contenders for aguy their likely only to have for a couple of years.
It's a tough situation. Guessing my team could put together an attractive package and still become an instant contender if not the favorite. But as you mention, do you want to do this for maybe a couple years of stud Lebron...plus deal with GM Lebron? what a disaster if you did anything but win a title.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough situation. Guessing my team could put together an attractive package and still become an instant contender if not the favorite. But as you mention, do you want to do this for maybe a couple years of stud Lebron...plus deal with GM Lebron? what a disaster if you did anything but win a title.

A title does help a lot. It's literally the only thing that keeps his time with the Lakers from being a complete disaster.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not his entire legacy, but it was a pretty brutal year for him.

That was the year of The Decision, of Not 1, Not 2, of disappearing in 4th quarters (remember the ''why don't you ask Lebron for change for a dollar'' jokes lol) and then he and DWade were caught on camera during the finals mocking Dirk because he had a cold.

Have all that go on, then turn around and not win the title...yeah, that will effect your legacy. lol

I really don't care about any of that stuff. Some was really funny though. But him and dWade mocking Dirk. That came back to bite them in the ass.

Here's another one. How about when he said he was going to remember all those that disrespected him after that absurd televised Decision?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A title does help a lot. It's literally the only thing that keeps his time with the Lakers from being a complete disaster.
No doubt about that. In addition, because I've seen a title it's a reason I wouldn't be all in over going after him......Might think differently if future did not look bright without him.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, WTF?

TAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPPEERRRRING!?!?

The Knicks are finalizing a contract with Rick Brunson, the father of Jalen Brunson, to become an assistant coach on Tom Thibodeau’s staff, SNY has learned. Brunson, a nine-year NBA veteran, has been an assistant coach under Thibodeau in Chicago and Minnesota. The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming days, per people familiar with the matter. The 49-year-old fills a spot on the Knicks bench created when former assistant Kenny Payne left to become head coach at the University of Louisville
Trade bait? Because Cuban will offer the max deal... which gets back to your suggested offer of bringing Randle home to Dallas.

Guess it's up to JB and he has made it clear being here is his #1 end game.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game probably has the single biggest impact on brons legacy.

They win that game they likely take the series

Instead that whole series is a black eye on Lebrons legacy
I'm a Mavs fan and even I don't subscribe to that bullshit. The better team won. Period.

Team...

TEAM!!!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. You supposed to mark yourself safe like you do on Facebook when a shooting goes down in your city/state
Oh ok, I’ll remember for future reference

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious what an extension looks like for Wiggins

They gonna need to find some cheap contributors to finish off the bench at some point cause the cheap guys now will either bust or get expensive
They won't extend him. By then they are hoping Moody and Kuminga and Wiseman are playing significant minutes. Those 3 plus Poole plus the big 3 for one more year. After that Dray and Klay are done too...be interesting to see if they finish their careers with the Dubs. Obviously their next deals will be less than they make now.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't extend him. By then they are hoping Moody and Kuminga and Wiseman are playing significant minutes. Those 3 plus Poole plus the big 3 for one more year. After that Dray and Klay are done too...be interesting to see if they finish their careers with the Dubs. Obviously their next deals will be less than they make now.

Any chance you guys trade him to reload some picks and maybe spread out depth/save tax money?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance you guys trade him to reload some picks and maybe spread out depth/save tax money?
I'm sure it's on the table but it went so well this year I think they will run it back one more year with the big 3, Poole, Wiggins, and the young guys stepping into bigger minutes while Porter, Payton, and Looney move on. Then like I said, one MORE big 3 year + Poole + the young trio now on their 3rd years (that's the year Poole blew up, this year is his 3rd).

After that I think the dynasty really will have to dismantle. I can't see them re-signing old ass Klay and Dray again unless it's for a lot less than they can get elsewhere. Steph will be 36 by the end of the 2024 season. Maybe Klay goes to his hometown LA. Maybe Dray goes to Detroit. Or maybe they each take 2 year deals to finish along with Steph (signed through 2026). Too far down the road to know yet.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Phil Knight is heading up a group to try to get the Trailblazers

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2