• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the return they are likely to get would likely put them in that 6-10 seed territory that makes it so they are never bad enough to get good lottery picks, but don't really have a way to improve enough to get into the top 4-5 and be an actual contender.

You think the return on Lebron and AD trades will still have this Lakers team still in the playoff picture? That would be good return, but I don't see it happening. Lakers still owe this year's first and either the 24 or 25 first (Pels' choice) to the Pels for AD, so their own draft picks aren't a big impact until at least 24/25.

What do you think trades for Lebron and AD would look like?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the return on Lebron and AD trades will still have this Lakers team still in the playoff picture? That would be good return, but I don't see it happening. Lakers still owe this year's first and either the 24 or 25 first (Pels' choice) to the Pels for AD, so their own draft picks aren't a big impact until at least 24/25.

I have seen many trades and either the Lakers aren't getting enough back to do it or the other team will not give up those assets.

Just a couple scenarios for each player. For Lebron I considered teams he would want to go to as well. AD didn't really have factor that, just best offers for both squads. None of those teams do that for Lebron, the AD offers are a little different.

Cavs Trade Offer For LeBron James: Jarrett Allen, Collin Sexton, 2022 No. 14 Pick, 2024 First Round Pick
Bulls Trade Offer For LeBron James: Zach LaVine, Lonzo Ball
Warriors Trade Offer For LeBron James: Draymond Green, Jordan Poole, James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga
Heat Trade Offer For LeBron James: Bam Adebayo, Tyler Herro

Chicago Bulls trade offer for AD: Zach LaVine (S&T), Coby White, 2024 1st (top-3 protected)
Hornets trade offer for AD: Miles Bridges (S&T), 2022 NOP 1st(top-14 protected), 2024 CHA 1st (top-3 protected), 2026 CHA, Kai Jones, James Bouknight
Portland Trail Blazers trade offer for AD: Damian Lillard, Josh Hart

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say. Lebron might still bring a solid return because he has shown he can still play at an all star level. AD is a little tougher because he's younger, can still be a top 5 player when healthy, but hasn't shown he can stay healthy and it's starting to look like he may not be willing to put in the work to stay healthy (assuming that's possible).

The biggest prob, imo, with Lebron is that he can just retire if the Lakers want to trade him to non-contender, but a contender isn't giving much up for him because it would take away too much of what made them contenders for a guy they are likely to only have for a couple of years.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen many trades and either the Lakers aren't getting enough back to do it or the other team will not give up those assets.

Just a couple scenarios for each player. For Lebron I considered teams he would want to go to as well. AD didn't really have factor that, just best offers for both squads. None of those teams do that for Lebron, the AD offers are a little different.

Cavs Trade Offer For LeBron James: Jarrett Allen, Collin Sexton, 2022 No. 14 Pick, 2024 First Round Pick
Bulls Trade Offer For LeBron James: Zach LaVine, Lonzo Ball
Warriors Trade Offer For LeBron James: Draymond Green, Jordan Poole, James Wiseman, Jonathan Kuminga
Heat Trade Offer For LeBron James: Bam Adebayo, Tyler Herro

Chicago Bulls trade offer for AD: Zach LaVine (S&T), Coby White, 2024 1st (top-3 protected)
Hornets trade offer for AD: Miles Bridges (S&T), 2022 NOP 1st(top-14 protected), 2024 CHA 1st (top-3 protected), 2026 CHA, Kai Jones, James Bouknight
Portland Trail Blazers trade offer for AD: Damian Lillard, Josh Hart

I think I like the Bulls trade best in both (but the one for Lebron more than AD), don't see the Warriors doing that trade. The Heat either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like the Bulls trade best in both (but the one for Lebron more than AD), don't see the Warriors doing that trade. The Heat either.
Yeah I don't see any of the trades are realistic but I have said from the start, Lebron won't get traded. Doesn't look like Russ is going anywhere barring crazy circumstances which means they are running it back for possibly the last year with Lebron & AD. Likely just play out the last year of Russ' contract

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't see any of the trades are realistic but I have said from the start, Lebron won't get traded. Doesn't look like Russ is going anywhere barring crazy circumstances which means they are running it back for possibly the last year with Lebron & AD. Likely just play out the last year of Russ' contract

Yeah, I agree. With the position that they are in, unless the Hield/Brogdon or Lavine trades that have been kicked around a bit can be done...their smartest move is likely to keep Westbrook, see if Ham can find a way to make him fit better and see if something can be done around the trade deadline. If not, then finish out the year and have more money to work with for 2023.

I know the Lakers were asking every candidate about how they would fit Westbrook in. They must have liked Ham's answer. Hopefully that's a good thing.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall never tire of this game…

This game probably has the single biggest impact on brons legacy.

They win that game they likely take the series

Instead that whole series is a black eye on Lebrons legacy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you judge LeBron's entire legacy on the '11 Finals? wiggy is that you?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you judge LeBron's entire legacy on the '11 Finals? wiggy is that you?

No, I’m just saying that series loss is the biggest strike against him

And that game was the key to the series

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I’m just saying that series loss is the biggest strike against him

And that game was the key to the series

No it's not. The biggest strike is his dumbass televised Decision.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So instead of being the GOAT he is only considered the GOAT by some? I mean even if Lebron wins 7 rings when it's all said and done there will be half the people calling MJ GOAT. He is at least cemented into the #2 spot so if you don't think he would be GOAT if they win this series his legacy doesn't change other than 5 FMVP's instead of 4.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall never tire of this game…

Dude, WTF?

TAAAAAAAMMMMMMPPPPPEERRRRING!?!?

The Knicks are finalizing a contract with Rick Brunson, the father of Jalen Brunson, to become an assistant coach on Tom Thibodeau’s staff, SNY has learned. Brunson, a nine-year NBA veteran, has been an assistant coach under Thibodeau in Chicago and Minnesota. The deal is expected to be finalized in the coming days, per people familiar with the matter. The 49-year-old fills a spot on the Knicks bench created when former assistant Kenny Payne left to become head coach at the University of Louisville