• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Nets completely implode, it has for this year. I think they're going to try to get him in FA next off-season.
Possibly at the trade deadline if the Nets feel they are imploding, like you mentioned...in FA next off-season, that seems like the most logical outcome.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Nets completely implode, it has for this year. I think they're going to try to get him in FA next off-season.
If things don't go well.....I could see the Nets deciding to trade Irving, KD, and maybe even Simmons early in the season to before the deadline.....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that’s what I meant

If they don’t get him then, this is a miss

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly at the trade deadline if the Nets feel they are imploding, like you mentioned...in FA next off-season, that seems like the most logical outcome.

I think that's why they are trying to avoid non-expiring contracts.

As I posted upthread, even with Westbrook off the books, cap space is going to be really tight for them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s what I meant

If they don’t get him then, this is a miss

Yes and no, if they don't get him and end up spreading their cap space among 2 or 3 solid role players, it's a miss.

But if they end up bringing in another star quality player, it's not.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why they are trying to avoid non-expiring contracts.

As I posted upthread, even with Westbrook off the books, cap space is going to be really tight for them.
Yes, but we need shooting and defense. Hield and Turner fix that.

And if it's because Rob doesn't want to give up both first rounders.....he should be fired.....

Info seems to come out and change almost daily it seems like.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but we need shooting and defense. Hield and Turner fix that.

And if it's because Rob doesn't want to give up both first rounders.....he should be fired.....

Info seems to come out and change almost daily it seems like.

The problem is that Hield has 2 years left and he hasn't shot at an elite level in the last 3 years.

Over the past 2 seasons, Turner has only played 13 more games than AD.

Plus, it's now been reported that Indy's owner doesn't want to pay Westbrooks contract.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Hield has 2 years left and he hasn't shot at an elite level in the last 3 years.

Over the past 2 seasons, Turner has only played 13 more games than AD.

Plus, it's now been reported that Indy's owner doesn't want to pay Westbrooks contract.
Hield was playing with the Kings and Pacers.....think he'd get it back to say 39-40% playing with James and AD.

I know he has battled injuries but Turner is just 26 and we need him ready for the playoffs. AD, Jones, and Bryant can all play some center. If Turner can play 60 or so games I think we'd be okay.

Yeah, I have seen the rumors about them not wanting to pay his contract.....maybe if we offered the two 1st rounders that would help. They also need to embrace the tank if they want Vic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield was playing with the Kings and Pacers.....think he'd get it back to say 39-40% playing with James and AD.

I know he has battled injuries but Turner is just 26 and we need him ready for the playoffs. AD, Jones, and Bryant can all play some center. If Turner can play 60 or so games I think we'd be okay.

Yeah, I have seen the rumors about them not wanting to pay his contract.....maybe if we offered the two 1st rounders that would help. They also need to embrace the tank if they want Vic.

He was shooting 40% with the Kings. The past 3 years, he's been around 36%. Plus, he has 2 years left, so if it doesn't work out...they have him taking up almost $20 million in cap space and no longer have those 1st round picks which could be used to trade for someone who fills a need.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was shooting 40% with the Kings. The past 3 years, he's been around 36%. Plus, he has 2 years left, so if it doesn't work out...they have him taking up almost $20 million in cap space and no longer have those 1st round picks which could be used to trade for someone who fills a need.
I don't think he has "lost his stroke." And just subtracting RW and adding a guy who shoots 36-37% us an upgrade. League average was 35% last season. Think he could up it with the Lakers but let's say he does what he has for the last 2 seasons. Still our designated sniper and above League average.

Plus, Turner is a career 35% shooter on treys. A center that can shoot is a plus. 2 that can and taking away 1 that can't.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What part of the owner has no appetite for Westbrook's salary or a buyout is being lost in translation?

Even with 2 picks, Indy said no.

That is what @trojanfan12 is trying to get across.

You have to have a willing trade partner.

As of now, you do NOT.

Fischer said Indy wants 2 picks for Turner ALONE.

That doesn't include eating Westbrook.

They are insane....lol

The only available avenue is thru Utah and that doesn't even include Bogdanovic at this point because they have offers for 1 st rounders for him alone in separate deals.

I agree the Lakers are crazy to do nothing.

But, the only thing worse than no trade is another bad one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has "lost his stroke." And just subtracting RW and adding a guy who shoots 36-37% us an upgrade. League average was 35% last season. Think he could up it with the Lakers but let's say he does what he has for the last 2 seasons. Still our designated sniper and above League average.

Plus, Turner is a career 35% shooter on treys. A center that can shoot is a plus. 2 that can and taking away 1 that can't.

It's an upgrade, but it's not an "elevates them to contender status" upgrade.

If they're going to give up 2 firsts, I'd rather use them for the Utah deal. Bog is a better shooter and his contract is expiring. Beasley has a club option. It gets sticky if Gay is included though, he has a player option.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an upgrade, but it's not an "elevates them to contender status" trade.

If they're going to give up 2 firsts, I'd rather use them for the Utah deal. Bog is a better shooter and his contract is expiring. Beasley has a club option. It gets sticky if Gay is included though, he has a player option.
True. Bog and Beas give us the shooting we'd need.

And the Lakers could decline Beasley's 16 mill team option. Are there better options in FA than Beas? He is a shooter and scorer we'd need if Bog walks next summer.....Beasley is a little better version of Monk.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of the owner has no appetite for Westbrook's salary or a buyout is being lost in translation?

Even with 2 picks, Indy said no.

That is what @trojanfan12 is trying to get across.

You have to have a willing trade partner.

As of now, you do NOT.

Fischer said Indy wants 2 picks for Turner ALONE.

That doesn't include eating Westbrook.

They are insane....lol

The only available avenue is thru Utah and that doesn't even include Bogdanovic at this point because they have offers for 1 st rounders for him alone in separate deals.

I agree the Lakers are crazy to do nothing.

But, the only thing worse than no trade is another bad one.

In my best Sam Elliott from Roadhouse voice..."Exactly right".

If Indy's owner can't be convinced as to why this could be good for the Pacers...it doesn't matter what the Lakers offer is.

Any deal with the Jazz that doesn't include Bog should be a non-starter for the Lakers.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an upgrade, but it's not an "elevates them to contender status" trade.

A healthy Turner next to AD would be tremendous.

But, that fills a want, not a need.

You need a wing.

You need a legitimate third scoring option and shooting.

Bog and Beasley give you that.

If you didn't have to take back Conley or Gay, I'd do that deal.

I'd probably still do it with Gay because you could likely rid yourself of him for a 2nd rounder, if need be.

Unless I was sure I had no path to Kyrie, I wouldn't go near Conley.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my best Sam Elliott from Roadhouse voice..."Exactly right".

If Indy's owner can't be convinced as to why this could be good for the Pacers...it doesn't matter what the Lakers offer is.

Any deal with the Jazz that doesn't include Bog should be a non-starter for the Lakers.
Think Mecca and I discussed this previously.....I think.

Tell we will trade RW and both 1st rounders for Bog, Beas and Alexander-Walker.