• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might be willing to trade you Bryant or Jones around the deadline if we end up landing Turner/Hield....
Uuuuum, no thanks?

Also, might be time to let go and let GAWD on that Indy deal.

Jake says you don't have enough and the Pacers owner is not eating Westbrook's deal.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this guy.

If only he played 20 years ago.

He's big and clunky.

But, he has skill and the best personality.

He's always been a favorite of mine. I remember a few seasons age before the Kroenke's got greedy and took the Nuggets off the tv here the Mavs were in town.

Boban and Jokic were sitting on the bench before tipoff just laughing it up. Both are from Serbia. Wonder if they were speaking english?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uuuuum, no thanks?

Also, might be time to let go and let GAWD on that Indy deal.

Jake says you don't have enough and the Pacers owner is not eating Westbrook's deal.

Seems silly to me.

I guess it’s cause they don’t view hield as a liability

Throw in Christie and a second or two?

Idk.

Seems like this should be close enough

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems silly to me.

I guess it’s cause they don’t view hield as a liability

Throw in Christie and a second or two?

Idk.

Seems like this should be close enough
Lakers aren't willing to give up both picks for any of these deals.....ALLEGEDLY.

So, its a moot point.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers aren't willing to give up both picks for any of these deals.....ALLEGEDLY.

So, its a moot point.

Idiots

Turner and hield make them a contender

I mean jesus, a defense with brow and turner anchoring it?

Even with less than ideal spacing you can get out and run and stop people

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots

The key word was allegedly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, its a moot point.

Some of the Eurobasket games have been good. And some have been complete blowouts. Been watching it. Waiting for the seedings. Then the games will get really interesting.

In the FIBA Americup Team USA only beat Puerto Rico by one today.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious Cbs GIF by Paramount+

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiots

You understand that Indy would have to agree to the trade and the owner has apparently said that he's not willing to take on Westbrooks contract, right?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You understand that Indy would have to agree to the trade and the owner has apparently said that he's not willing to take on Westbrooks contract, right?

It also said lakers didn’t think this made them a Contender

For that they’re idiots

They’re probably letting like Christie and 2 seconds hold this up on some level

Although the fact that the Indiana owner doesn’t seem to understand the salary cap….exists…is rather amusing lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also said lakers didn’t think this made them a Contender

For that they’re idiots

They’re probably letting like Christie and 2 seconds hold this up on some level

Although the fact that the Indiana owner doesn’t seem to understand the salary cap….exists…is rather amusing lol

It would make them better. It wouldn't necessarily make them a contender. Even if everyone stayed healthy, it gets them into the convo, but I doubt they'd be favored. I expect most of the contender talk would basically be not wanting to bet against Lebron.

Buddy has shot around 36% from 3 for the past 3 seasons. That's barely above league average. He also has 2 years left on his contract.

Turner seems to be having injury issues as he has played in 47 and 42 games the past 2 years. That's only 13 more than AD.

So, from the Lakers perspective, they give up 2 first round picks for a guy who is supposed to shore up their 3 point shooting, but hasn't shot at an elite level for the past 3 years and an injury prone big to hang out on the bench with the injury prone big they already have.

And, if it doesn't work out, they still have Hield taking up almost $20 million of their cap space, effectively blocking anything they might be able to do in the FA market.

If it's up to me, I probably go ahead and do it and hope it works out, but I completely get why they might not.

If the GM can't get the owner to understand why this is a potentially good thing for the Pacers, then it really doesn't matter what the Lakers are willing to do anyway.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make them better. It wouldn't necessarily make them a contender. Even if everyone stayed healthy, it gets them into the convo. I doubt they'd be favored. I expect most of the contender talk would basically be not wanting to bet against Lebron.

Buddy has shot around 36% from 3 for the past 3 seasons. That's barely above league average. He also has 2 years left on his contract.

Turner seems to be having injury issues as he has played in 47 and 42 games the past 2 years. That's only 13 more than AD.

So, from the Lakers perspective, they give up 2 first round picks for a guy who is supposed to shore up their 3 point shooting, but hasn't shot at an elite level for the past 3 years and an injury prone big to hang out on the bench with the injury prone big they already have.

And, if it doesn't work out, they still have Hield taking up almost $20 million of their cap space, effectively blocking anything they might be able to do in the FA market.

If it's up to me, I probably go ahead and do it and hope it works out, but I completely get why they might not.

If the GM can't get the owner to understand why this is a potentially good thing for the Pacers, then it really doesn't matter what the Lakers are willing to do anyway.

Beasley bog gay is the way?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley bog gay is the way?

I don't know. Bog is expiring and Beasley has a club option, but Gay has a player option. It's only $6 million, but even with Westbrook off the books, cap space is going to be tight.

Would love to get Bog though.

I have seen it speculated that the Lakers might be able to do that deal with only giving up one 1st.

But from everything I've heard...Ainge wants both 1sts. So I'm not buying that they could get away with only giving up 1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not been this excited for an NBA season for a few years now.....prob since LeBrons 3rd year back.

Mitchell and Garland? Going to be so much fun.

both guys can either play on the ball or off the ball. So dangerous.

I cannot wait to see Mobley continue his ascent.

I cant wait to see Love come off the bench and continue his renaissance as a sixth man. The spacing he is gonna get/provide is gonna be great.

I cant wait to see Rubio when he returns (which admittedly prob. wont be till late January).

I want to see a 3 guard lineup with Rubio with Garland and Mitchell BOTH playing off the ball and Rubio just maestro-ing it.

I cant wait to see if Okoro takes a step up- he could be key to this team if his shooting improves.

Gave up a loooot of assets for Mitchel but this is going to be a fun team that can absolutely run and has a ton of energy and the continued great chemistry from last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are going to go into camp in a couple of weeks with Westbrook. The Lakers look like they have decided to keep both picks and they ain't going to give-up any more picks to move Westbrook. He's staying.

The Lakers have a bevy of young talented players they should focus on developing. I think after the AD trade, they have finally come to the realization that their championship ain't from somebody else's players especially when it involves mortgaging their future with James so close to leaving.

I believe Ham is the guy who really is going to focus on developing his present roster into a better team and that is the direction they are going. It may not be a contender this year, but I have read many a speculative article that has concluded they will be better than last year with Ham and they will learn to play D.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are going to go into camp in a couple of weeks with Westbrook. The Lakers look like they have decided to keep both picks and they ain't going to give-up any more picks to move Westbrook. He's staying.

The Lakers have a bevy of young talented players they should focus on developing. I think after the AD trade, they have finally come to the realization that their championship ain't from somebody else's players especially when it involves mortgaging their future with James so close to leaving.

I believe Ham is the guy who really is going to focus on developing his present roster into a better team and that is the direction they are going. It may not be a contender this year, but I have read many a speculative article that has concluded they will be better than last year with Ham and they will learn to play D.

Better than last year is a pretty low bar.