• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People.....beware of Flu Season.

With all the Covid shit, I totally forgot to get my kids the flu shot.

My youngest has had it twice since school started Aug 1st.

It's so bad this time, she had to get a breathing treatment this morning.

The symptoms are so similar to the Delta Strain of Covid that I am shocked every time she tests negative.

Nasty shit.

Get some airborne and the shot on f you can.

Go Clippers!!!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's telling when someone posts bullshit, gets called out for it and can't bring themselves to own it.

Mamba didn't post the tweet, he just commented on it.

It's already been established that most of that shit is put out by talking heads and often times it's not Lakers fans posting it.

And you are the one who made the bullshit claim, so I'm taking it up with you.
MORTON® TABLE SALT - Morton Salt

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ does post a ton of highly fictional bullshit.

Be it trades or free agent signings.

Can't be denied.

But, he didn't do it in this incident.

He actually hasn't done it much this Summer.

Most of these trade scenarios came from people who actually get paid to discuss this stuff.

@Shanemansj13 and I post all kinds of shit, from all types of sources....legit or not.

It's just fun.

The thing with DJ is he actually BELIEVES some of it, even when it makes zero sense for anyone outside of the Lakers.

Lets call him a Hopeless Dreamer?....lol

Both of you guys are correct.

Now stop it.

I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight!

family-guy-stewie-griffin.gif
Are Lakers fans here as thin skinned as they are delusional about trades? It appears so...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many of those were DJ posting and commenting on some tweet or article he saw and how many were him dreaming something up and posting that?

He may treat them more seriously than they deserve, but that's not "you Lakers fans and your ridiculous trades". It's one person posting trade/FA ideas that he didn't come up with.

The thing with DJ is he actually BELIEVES some of it, even when it makes zero sense for anyone outside of the Lakers.

Then take it up with him. Folks need to quit lumping everyone else in. That shit gets old.

For the most part, we separate Wiggy's homerism from the other Cavs fans...we can do the same with Lakers fans.

Then Mommy better quit posting bullshit and get her ass in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't be denied.

But, he didn't do it in this incident.

He actually hasn't done it much this Summer.

Most of these trade scenarios came from people who actually get paid to discuss this stuff.

@Shanemansj13 and I post all kinds of shit, from all types of sources....legit or not.

It's just fun.

Both of you guys are correct.

Now stop it.

family-guy-stewie-griffin.gif
Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People.....beware of Flu Season.

With all the Covid shit, I totally forgot to get my kids the flu shot.

My youngest has had it twice since school started Aug 1st.

It's so bad this time, she had to get a breathing treatment this morning.

The symptoms are so similar to the Delta Strain of Covid that I am shocked every time she tests negative.

Nasty shit.

Get some airborne and the shot on f you can.

Go Clippers!!!
That’s crazy. We never get the flu shot before Mid October but might need to sooner this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, from what I have been reading and hearing of late...it's looking more and more likely that the Lakers will at least start the season with Westbrook on the roster as they aren't willing to part with both 2 firsts unless it makes them contenders. It doesn't look like they believe there is a deal that does that.

An article I saw this morning said that it looks like they are likely to "punt" this season for cap space next season and possible off-season trades.

Maybe Russ decides to try to fix his image (would require insight he doesn't appear to have) and does well enough that something materializes before the trade deadline...but I ain't holding my breath.
I get the concept of not wanting to waste a LeBron year.

But, I wouldn't do Conley/Gay/Beasley for two 1sts.

That's just being desperate.

Remove Conley, add Bogdanovic......probably.

You need wings and even if he isn't defensively oriented, Bojan is a serious threat on the other end of the floor.

Problem is you have a bunch of competition for his services now.

This is what they are saying in Arizona....

Gambadoro: "Phoenix being good does work against them in competing for players as their 1st-round pick(s) are not expected to be as good as others. In the case of Bojan Bogdanovic, the Suns, Lakers, Mavs & Knicks all have interest with draft picks & expiring contracts the key to a deal."

Gambadoro had previously reported
(earlier this month) that the Lakers and Suns had interest.

All four of those teams would be great fits.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the concept of not wanting to waste a LeBron year.

But, I wouldn't do Conley/Gay/Beasley for two 1sts.

That's just being desperate.

Remove Conley, add Bogdanovic......probably.

You need wings and even if he isn't defensively oriented, Bojan is a serious threat on the other end of the floor.

Problem is you have a bunch of competition for his services now.

This is what they are saying in Arizona....

Gambadoro: "Phoenix being good does work against them in competing for players as their 1st-round pick(s) are not expected to be as good as others. In the case of Bojan Bogdanovic, the Suns, Lakers, Mavs & Knicks all have interest with draft picks & expiring contracts the key to a deal."

Gambadoro had previously reported
(earlier this month) that the Lakers and Suns had interest.

All four of those teams would be great fits.

And the bold is the other issue. I think every other team mentioned could probably beat the Lakers best offer without really trying. Supposedly, Ainge covets the Lakers firsts...but it seems like he'd want more than that (at least that's been his m.o,).

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of those were DJ posting and commenting on some tweet or article he saw and how many were him dreaming something up and posting that?

He may treat them more seriously than they deserve, but that's not "you Lakers fans and your ridiculous trades". It's one person posting trade/FA ideas that he didn't come up with.

Then take it up with him. Folks need to quit lumping everyone else in. That shit gets old.

For the most part, we separate Wiggy's homerism from the other Cavs fans...we can do the same with Lakers fans.

Then Mommy better quit posting bullshit and get her ass in the kitchen and make me a sammich.
Fair point about the separation of Wiggy and Cavs fans.

I can't speak for others. But, I do try to specify when posting my Lakers related slander.

I even try to give proof/examples.

Just the other day I posted about Lakers fans ON TWITTER changing up on Pat Bev now that he's wearing the purple and Gold.

DJ tried to pretend that wasn't a thing for about 5 seconds until @bksballer89 shut him up.

I'm guessing most people don't have the inclination, nor give enough of a shit, to cite sources.

This is basically a chat room.

Ps.

Lmao that you assigned @msgkings322 to the Mommy designation!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the bold is the other issue. I think every other team mentioned could probably beat the Lakers best offer without really trying. Supposedly, Ainge covets the Lakers firsts...but it seems like he'd want more than that (at least that's been his m.o,).
Ainge is a dick.

Don't care what anyone says, he took the Cavs deal partially out of spite.

The Knicks balked at his asking price on the picks.

He did get the picks he wanted.

But, they are less valuable because the Cavs might have been better than the Knicks even if NY had landed Donovan.

Seems like Utah covets QUANTITY over QUALITY.

Your picks are clearly more valuable.

Maybe they won't make the same mistake twice?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't speak for others. But, I do try to specify when posting my Lakers related slander.

Just the other day I posted about Lakers fans ON TWITTER changing up on Pat Bev now that he's wearing the purple and Gold.

DJ tried to pretend that wasn't a thing for about 5 seconds until @bksballer89 shut him up.

I'm guessing most people don't have the inclination, nor give enough of a shit, to cite sources.

Ps.

lol

Of course many changed up their feelings about Pat Bev, he's one of those guys where that happens every time he changes teams. He's the very definition of "the guy you love when he's on your team, but hate when he's on someone else's team".

Funny that anyone would try to say different. lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Of course many changed up their feelings about Pat Bev, he's one of those guys where that happens every time he changes teams. He's the very definition of "the guy you love when he's on your team, but hate when he's on someone else's team".

Modern day sheed

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ps.

I think you're referring to the Crowder heckling because I asked him if it was when the Lakers played the Heat and he said it was when the Lakers played the Suns.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the eurobasket tourney I will end up watching Jokic play more times for Serbia than televised Nuggets games last season. That's just wrong. Fuckin' greedy Kroenke's.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I still love him.

He made himself a NBA player by way of sheer will and hard work.

Respect.

I'm really looking forward to Opening Night against you guys.

Last year Pat was all.....

"Weak-assed Clippers, beat they motherf**ing a**; F**k outta here" - Patrick Beverley​

......that was in Minny.

What's the sound bite gonna sound like if he wins with the Lakers?

:pound: