• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. All you have to do is look at the results of the past five or six drafts. Maybe six or seven guys are still with teams that took them in in the first round. Very few were taken after #10. To make it to this level and be a starter takes tremendous talent. Even more to stay longer than the rookie contract. Don't expand the league and weaken the product anymore than it already is.

Expand and institute a hard cap. Automatic dispersal of talent to the weaker franchises.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes since with whatever is.going.on with Lowry.

He missed a bunch of playoff games.

Tyler too....and Miami still gave Boston hell.

Dunno if it's a injury thing for Kyle or whatever his mystery personal issue is.

But, they need a break in case of emergency pg.

Only problem with Russ being your backup point is him actually embracing the role.

Yeah, I'm going to have to pass.....I'd rather deal with Ainge lol. They can keep their vastly overpriced Duncan Robinson. This trade could only happen if the Lakers GET a first.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Too much money involved so it won’t happen but I think retraction would be sweet. Knock it down to 24 teams and then raise the salary cap by 20-25%. I think you’d get an overall better product around the league. They should also find a way to take away the impetus to tank.

The only way tanking is eliminated would be to get rid of the draft or at least completely randomize the draft order.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. All you have to do is look at the results of the past five or six drafts. Maybe six or seven guys are still with teams that took them in in the first round. Very few were taken after #10. To make it to this level and be a starter takes tremendous talent. Even more to stay longer than the rookie contract. Don't expand the league and weaken the product anymore than it already is.

You can't blame player movement on the draft or the size of the league. Are those players still in the league?

The talent level to become a starter will re-establish itself as the requirement for starters increases.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, give them the Thunder and give OKC an expansion team?
That would be the right thing to do since that guy bought them and moved them there.

But, Seattle most likely gets an expansion team and bring back the Supersonics name.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm going to have to pass.....I'd rather deal with Ainge lol. They can keep their vastly overpriced Duncan Robinson. This trade could only happen if the Lakers GET a first.
No way, LOL. The price of trading RW is a 1st. Not sure why some Laker fans don't get this.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, LOL. The price of trading RW is a 1st. Not sure why some Laker fans don't get this.

The Lakers are balking at taking multi-year contracts back for GOOD players. Taking Robinson's contract back is nearly as bad as keeping Russ.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh the lakers are still getting the two best players in the deal

At best it would be neutral.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are balking at taking multi-year contracts back for GOOD players. Taking Robinson's contract back is nearly as bad as keeping Russ.
That's why I said trade RW, a 1st (required to move RW) and a 2nd rounder.....not two 1st rounders......for Robinson and Lowry. Talk all the trash you want about Duncan.....he CAN shoot and would be the best outside shooter on our roster and could post some scary numbers playing with James and AD.

I'd still prefer Utah or Indy though. Just saying Miami COULD be another option. Might even prefer Lowry, Oladipo and a smaller contract for RW.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said trade RW, a 1st (required to move RW) and a 2nd rounder.....not two 1st rounders......for Robinson and Lowry. Talk all the trash you want about Duncan.....he CAN shoot and would be the best outside shooter on our roster and could post some scary numbers playing with James and AD.

I'd still prefer Utah or Indy though. Just saying Miami COULD be another option. Might even prefer Lowry, Oladipo and a smaller contract for RW.
You Lakers fans and your trades...why on earth would Miami want to do this?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason would be If they wanted to big game hunt next summer

And they’d have to believe Russ is rehabable

It's not even if Russ is rehabable. It's whether or not he will accept a role that fits the player he is now.

As a scorer/energy guy off the bench...he could actually be of value. Especially if bench scoring/depth is an issue.

The problem is, getting him to accept that role and actually stick to it.

Part of the issue the Lakers had was that he said all of the right things re: changing his game/accepting a different role...then proceeded to not do anything he said he would.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--->It's not even if Russ is rehabable. It's whether or not he will accept a role that fits the player he is now.<---

As a scorer/energy guy off the bench...he could actually be of value. Especially if bench scoring/depth is an issue.

The problem is, getting him to accept that role and actually stick to it.

Part of the issue the Lakers had was that he said all of the right things re: changing his game/accepting a different role...then proceeded to not do anything he said he would.

absolutely-not-nope.gif

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX