• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got that lockdown stamina from his time off, lol.
If this is true, teams better pray he's come to his senses.

Because, every team plays back to backs.

I get being uncomfortable with the injury risk when playing 5 games in 8 days.

But, he's insane if he requested those concessions in his contract.

Kyrie is a leader of the players association.

I wonder if he knows the Owners are angling to put the minimum played games stipulation in all future contracts?

That will help teams avoid having to pay top dollar to guys like Kawhi who abuse the shit out of load management.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty common actually.

Lots of basketball guys transfer to a private school with an elite program sometime during high school.

Then the best of the best often transfer again to a school like Oak Hill, which is typically just for 1 year.

Yeah I guess it depends if we’re counting a 5th year prep in those stats for if it’s a red flag or not

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if he knows the Owners are angling to put the minimum played games stipulation in all future contracts?

That will help teams avoid having to pay top dollar to guys like Kawhi who abuse the shit out of load management.

But it’s usually teams who do that.

The spurs did it, not Tim Duncan and Tony Parker as an example

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't mind some load management, but guaranteeing that a player only has to play a certain number of games is bit much. How the season is playing out should have more to do with how much load management is done. What if you've played your 60 games or are close to it and the team still needs you to secure a better seed in the playoffs?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Ferrell Loser GIF

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown, White (instead of Smart), Grant Williams (instead of R Williams) and I'd try to offer 2 1st rounders and 2 pick swaps.

That's still a really solid deal. They get a really good young player in Brown, 2 role players and picks.
Frankly, I don't think the C's even have to give up that much at this point... they should drive a harder deal or simply stand pat if the Nets are not gonna give.

Is any other team in the NBA gonna beat a deal of Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, let's say 2 1sts and 1 swap?

I don't think so. Toronto is seemingly refusing to add Scottie Barnes, Miami can't add Bam nor can Phoenix add Ayton. Therefore, Jaylen Brown by his lonesome basically makes a better deal than all comers... and the Celtics shouldn't negotiate against themselves.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don't think the C's even have to give up that much at this point... they should drive a harder deal or simply stand pat if the Nets are not gonna give.

Is any other team in the NBA gonna beat a deal of Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, let's say 2 1sts and 1 swap?

I don't think so. Toronto is seemingly refusing to add Scottie Barnes, Miami can't add Bam nor can Phoenix add Ayton. Therefore, Jaylen Brown by his lonesome basically makes a better deal than all comers... and the Celtics shouldn't negotiate against themselves.
Not sure why Miami cannot add Bam but either way I agree not sure anyone would offer more than the deal you mention by the Cs.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Miami cannot add Bam but either way I agree not sure anyone would offer more than the deal you mention by the Cs.

Because he and Simmons are designated extension guys

It’s a beyond stupid rule that you can’t have 2 of them on a roster

Apparnetly Wiggins also can’t be on the same roster as bam or Simmons so it’s pointless

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet TJ12 doesn't know who MGK is.

I wish I didn't lol. I wish I only knew him as an actor, was pretty good on the Roadies series on Showtime (haven't seen the Dirt yet).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparnetly Wiggins also can’t be on the same roster as bam or Simmons so it’s pointless

It's supposed to be a special contractual advantage for a team to re-sign it's player, so not allowing 2 on a roster is a competitive balance issue which makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forget that.

It would be stupid to add Bam.

The way Miami has a contender is with Jimmy, KD and Bam. Everyone else is expendable.

Miami would keep Bam.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget that.

The way Miami has a contender is with Jimmy, KD and Bam. Everyone else is expendable.

Miami would keep Bam.

Didn’t say they should

Just that couldn’t even if they wanted to

Miami needs a 4 really. Right now the two guys projected to play the most 4 are shoots guards lol

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That works both ways. If he isn't good enough to be making demands, he isn't good enough to bring back the loot level the Nets are asking for either. This would resolve itself quickly if they eased up even just a little on those demands.

Exactly. That is why imo he is bringing back what the nets want. I think both have way too high expectations of what he brings to the table.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he isn’t the best player in the league he is 2nd best.

How many more years will that be the case?

I don’t know.

But the Nets have no path forward to anything more than mediocrity without a fully engaged Kevin Durant.

And you paint him like a hanger on in Golden State. He was the best player on arguably the GOAT team.

I would also argue that getting a team close to a title alongside Westbrook who doesn’t fit anywhere and with terrible coaching is pretty compelling evidence of success.

I would take a ton of players over him. Second best? Not even close...

Exactly not many more years will he even be very good.

The nets do have a path forward depending on how a trade works out. The Celtics blew up their players and got tatum/brown out of it and made the finals.

Curry was way more important. Durant/Green/Thompson not sure that core wins a title

The Westbrick comment is fair.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget that.

Miami would keep Bam.
I haven’t read everything but basically are we trying to figure out how many nutjobs Bam is worth?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That works both ways. If he isn't good enough to be making demands, he isn't good enough to bring back the loot level the Nets are asking for either. This would resolve itself quickly if they eased up even just a little on those demands.
I keep telling you guys the Nets don't WANT to trade him so they just ask for too much over and over. They want him to chill out and realize that a team with him, Kyrie, and Simmons plus their other pieces is every bit as good as the other teams in the East. You want to fire the coach, ok no big loss. But calm down KD, give it a shot for one year, you wanted to ball out with Kyrie, his BS vaccine crap prevented it. Now you're ready to go.

If this year is a bust, then Kyrie walks and then maybe the Nets will be ready to deal you more realistically.