• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Jordan have a hand in Doug Collins getting fired?

I don't think so. I think it was the opposite. Jordan liked Collins but Jerry Krause didn't so he fired him. MJ wasn't happy they hired Phil Jackson

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, Lebron stays if they get a Kyrie deal done. If they don't he still could sign but I think it would go a long way to add Kyrie and take Russ out of the equation.

Yep, from what is being said, especially with KD demanding what he knows Tsai is unlikely to do (fire Nash and Marks), the belief is that Kyrie will be a Laker either before the season, or sometime after the season starts.

Apparently there was a meeting with Lebron, Rich Paul, Darvin Ham and Pelinka. They all agreed on 4 things for the season...

1. No selfishness
2. Play well with others (share the load)
3. Guys are going to have to adjust their games/roles
4. The offense will run through AD

Every one of those is believed to be a direct shot at Westbrook. The idea is to let him know what will be expected in the event that they are forced to start the season with him on the roster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched hard knocks.

This is good stuff.

Campbell and Jamaal Williams is great television

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Boston is a 'preferred destination' for KD now?

Unfortunately for KD (who is obviously trying to pull strings through leaks and nonsense), I don't think the feeling is mutual unless the Nets brain-trust comes down on price.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately for KD (who is obviously trying to pull strings through leaks and nonsense), I don't think the feeling is mutual unless the Nets brain-trust comes down on price.
BST (Boston Sports Tonight) is all over this.

Quote: Kevin Durant. "I want to play with Marcus Smart."

Basically, he just took Smart out of any trade talks.

He's forcefully removing every single piece of the Nets bargaining position. Here's the bigger problem: KD is becoming his own worst enemy. The guy has gotten everything he wants for the past three or four years and has forced teams to do his wishes. Once he's traded, whether to Boston, LA, la or Miami, what will his next wish be? A ten year ten percent ownership contract? There comes a point where teams don't want that kind of crap no matter how good a player is.

Sort of like the lakers should be saying, "Hey LeBron. You're 38 and the clock battery is fading. We've listened since you got here. Time to close the yapper and finish your career. We'll handle the team." Problem for the lakers is that they can't let go. West, Reilly, Magic, Kobe, LeBron..........

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brown, White (instead of Smart), Grant Williams (instead of R Williams) and I'd try to offer 2 1st rounders and 2 pick swaps.

That's still a really solid deal. They get a really good young player in Brown, 2 role players and picks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harden will bounce back. Marks thinks we'll see Houston Harden.
Well if that’s the case Sixers are going to be damn good