• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been enjoying this game but this is some bs. Today's answer is
a free agent who is not going to return to his "current team".

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's a one off. KD will still play if he isn't traded.

They should address mental health issues in a constructive way. Ben definitely went at that all wrong.

Agreed. The real hold-out problem players have bounced around the league already, pursue at your own risk. If you're going down that road, make sure you're ready and equipped to keep them happy.

In terms of KD, figure out the trade with Toronto and move forward. I don't think KD to Boston will work out well for Boston or KD. Even considering the cities themselves, Toronto seems a better fit than Boston for KD.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me there are alot of prima donna, crybaby players in the NBA these days. Some of the older, retired players of the NBA are continuing to voice their opinions of these crazy-ass lunatics and they don't have high regard for many of them!!

There's some jealousy in that, as those retired players didn't have the power these younger players have today.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inhumane?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This can't be true!!!

It just.....CAN'T

Ric Bucher: Joe Tsai has already shown he’s willing to play hardball with Kyrie by taking a max extension off the table almost immediately. Now, part of that may be Kyrie’ doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back the backs which he apparently referred to as inhumane.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, Boston is a 'preferred destination' for KD now?

Unfortunately for KD (who is obviously trying to pull strings through leaks and nonsense), I don't think the feeling is mutual unless the Nets brain-trust comes down on price.

Boston has to be, since they're one of the few teams supposedly still engaged in talks with Brooklyn (along with Toronto).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BST (Boston Sports Tonight) is all over this.

Quote: Kevin Durant. "I want to play with Marcus Smart."

Basically, he just took Smart out of any trade talks.

He's forcefully removing every single piece of the Nets bargaining position. Here's the bigger problem: KD is becoming his own worst enemy. The guy has gotten everything he wants for the past three or four years and has forced teams to do his wishes. Once he's traded, whether to Boston, LA, la or Miami, what will his next wish be? A ten year ten percent ownership contract? There comes a point where teams don't want that kind of crap no matter how good a player is.

Sort of like the lakers should be saying, "Hey LeBron. You're 38 and the clock battery is fading. We've listened since you got here. Time to close the yapper and finish your career. We'll handle the team." Problem for the lakers is that they can't let go. West, Reilly, Magic, Kobe, LeBron..........

Why should the Lakers let go, and why should Lebron be assumed to be fading? He just had borderline MVP numbers yet again last season. NBA rules only allow 2 year extensions at Lebron's age, so any potential downside with Lebron is limited for the Lakers, and as we've seen with KD, tradeability of aging superstars (and getting fair compensation) is near impossible.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they even have that many 1st rounders to trade?

I have no idea, lol. The tradeable assets are limited with guys like Harden and Embiid out of that picture. Maxey plus a contract and as many picks as possible, and even that could be a tough sell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredible. I don't know how anyone could want to play with this dude.

There may be some context to that though. That might have been his request to extend with the Nets. At least, that has to be the hope of any team (like the Lakers) considering acquiring him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still stuck on the fact that he, ALLEGEDLY, used the word inhumane in reference to playing back to backs.

Kyrie is a fascinating fella.

He's got that lockdown stamina from his time off, lol.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inhumane?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This can't be true!!!

It just.....CAN'T

Ric Bucher: Joe Tsai has already shown he’s willing to play hardball with Kyrie by taking a max extension off the table almost immediately. Now, part of that may be Kyrie’ doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back the backs which he apparently referred to as inhumane.
This guy may be wearing out his welcome anywhere