• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep telling you guys the Nets don't WANT to trade him so they just ask for too much over and over. They want him to chill out and realize that a team with him, Kyrie, and Simmons plus their other pieces is every bit as good as the other teams in the East. You want to fire the coach, ok no big loss. But calm down KD, give it a shot for one year, you wanted to ball out with Kyrie, his BS vaccine crap prevented it. Now you're ready to go.

If this year is a bust, then Kyrie walks and then maybe the Nets will be ready to deal you more realistically.
He has been pretty clear that he doesn't want back under the current coach/GM, while ownership backed the coach/GM. Kyrie echoed KD's sentiments.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good but couldn't they have done that while he was alive?
It's borderline virtue signaling and/or virtue stealing, co-opting his memory as an NBA trait.

I hate the posthumous HOF inductions for the same reasons (unless the player died early). Honor the player while they are with us. Watch them induct guys like Bonds, Clemens and Rose after they pass.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take a ton of players over him. Second best? Not even close...

Exactly not many more years will he even be very good.

The nets do have a path forward depending on how a trade works out. The Celtics blew up their players and got tatum/brown out of it and made the finals.

Curry was way more important. Durant/Green/Thompson not sure that core wins a title

The Westbrick comment is fair.

What?

I mean, if we are talking overall value factoring in age and contract?

Sure. There are plenty of guys more valuable. But they are almost all on rookie contracts and their value to the team is based on upside.

In terms of productivity and contribution to winning?

It is Giannis and KD at the top.

Curry is the culture in GS. Durant was clearly the superior player.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also a mistake

I agree with that. And both should have been given that honor a long time ago.

Has the NHL ever retired a number league wide? I know the NFL hasn't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

I mean, if we are talking overall value factoring in age and contract?

Sure. There are plenty of guys more valuable. But they are almost all on rookie contracts and their value to the team is based on upside.

In terms of productivity and contribution to winning?

It is Giannis and KD at the top.

Curry is the culture in GS. Durant was clearly the superior player.
I used to think that- but then he got swept by the Celtics and looked like dog shit.

I still think Durant is great--- but I am now hesitant to say he is #2 in the league......I would group him with some guys that a case could be made for. I absolutely do not think he is in-arguably the #2 player in the NBA anymore at age 34.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Now, part of that may be Kyrie’s doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back-to-backs, which he apparently referred to as inhumane.”

@DJ you sure this is the guy you want the Lakers to trade for? lol......does not want to play back to backs? inhumane? wtf......

Kyrie is as crazy and as talented a guy as I have seen in the NBA for a long time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Now, part of that may be Kyrie’s doing. I’m told he wanted his new contract to guarantee he wouldn’t have to play more than 60 games in a season and would not have to play any back-to-backs, which he apparently referred to as inhumane.”

@DJ you sure this is the guy you want the Lakers to trade for? lol......does not want to play back to backs? inhumane? wtf......

Kyrie is as crazy and as talented a guy as I have seen in the NBA for a long time.
Yeah....since he gives us a much better chance to be a contender than corner 3 Russ...LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....since he gives us a much better chance to be a contender than corner 3 Russ...LOL.

I don't think they really want him to shoot corner 3's...I think they just want him to stand in the corner so he's out of the way.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1660360059932.png

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The part you highlighted is something Ric Bucher made up. It's not just Kyrie upset about either. Other reporters said Bucher was full of shit