• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part you highlighted is something Ric Bucher made up. It's not just Kyrie upset about either. Other reporters said Bucher was full of shit
Wiggy bought it hook, line, and sinker as did others on here....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched More than a Game. Pretty sure I saw it back in the day. Crazy how a group of friends became one of the best high school basketball teams of all-time. That senior year they were playing all top teams all over the nation who had top players and dominating them.
Pretty crazy I got to see them play at Canton McKinley too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched More than a Game. Pretty sure I saw it back in the day. Crazy how a group of friends became one of the best high school basketball teams of all-time. That senior year they were playing all top teams all over the nation who had top players and dominating them.

I mean... one of those friends was Lebron so....lol

But yes it was a sensation like none other for HS hoops.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part you highlighted is something Ric Bucher made up. It's not just Kyrie upset about either. Other reporters said Bucher was full of shit

yah I saw his reply....

it seemed sane

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... one of those friends was Lebron so....lol

But yes it was a sensation like none other for HS hoops.
Yeah definitely, that team still had crazy chemistry.
Lebron had to be the most popular high school player since KAJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope so because that is some wild shit to request

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember the story right LeBron's kept the same core of friends since elementary school.

By the time his jr. year started so many people wanted to watch him play that St. Vincent's St. Mary's home games were moved from the school to the single worst CBB arena in the country. Akron U's super-duper mega POS the JAR. There are H.S. gyms in the area nicer than that dump.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember the story right LeBron's kept the same core of friends since elementary school.

By the time his jr. year started so many people wanted to watch him play that St. Vincent's St. Mary's home games were moved from the school to the single worst CBB arena in the country. Akron U's super-duper mega POS the JAR. There are H.S. gyms in the area nicer than that dump.
yeah I guess they didn’t have much of a choice, it was right down the road and it held a lot of people. They also played some in Columbus. It got to the point they were basically traveling all over the country for away games though. Strange that Dambrot left to coach Akron than St V’s were way more popular than Akron lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I guess they didn’t have much of a choice, it was right down the road and it held a lot of people. They also played some in Columbus. It got to the point they were basically traveling all over the country for away games though. Strange that Dambrot left to coach Akron than St V’s were way more popular than Akron lol

Oh they had a choice. Technically LeBron should have gone to Akron Central Hower because of where he lived. But St. V's bought him and his friends.

True story. When Antoine Winfield Sr. was playing in H.S. his team played a game at St. V's. I was at this game. St. V punted. Antoine took off with the ball and would have scored a TD. But the lights in the stadium were turned off during the play.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they had a choice. Technically LeBron should have gone to Akron Central Hower because of where he lived. But St. V's bought him and his friends.

True story. When Antoine Winfield Sr. was playing in H.S. his team played a game at St. V's. I was at this game. St. V punted. Antoine took off with the ball and would have scored a TD. But the lights in the stadium were turned off during the play.
Yeah that St V’s gym was awful, so anything was better

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think that- but then he got swept by the Celtics and looked like dog shit.

I still think Durant is great--- but I am now hesitant to say he is #2 in the league......I would group him with some guys that a case could be made for. I absolutely do not think he is in-arguably the #2 player in the NBA anymore at age 34.

Players that our better imo

Lebron, Curry, Giannis, Embiid...I would take all 4 of those over Durant.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that St V’s gym was awful, so anything was better

For a CBB court the JAR is a joke. Wadsworth, Hudson, Copley, Firestone. Hell even North had a better gym.

And to make matters worse the JAR is named after James A. Rhodes. The jackass governor that signed off for the national guard to murder protestors at Kent State back in 1970.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

St. Vincent is a private school.

Would be curios to know what percentage of NBA players who attended American High Schools went public.

I would bet that percentage is pretty low.

Most public school simply can’t compete with advantages top private school basketball programs can offer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Vincent is a private school.

Would be curios to know what percentage of NBA players who attended American High Schools went public.

I would bet that percentage is pretty low.

Most public school simply can’t compete with advantages top private school basketball programs can offer.

I would think a very high number of elite high schoolers have played at private schools. And you're spot-on about public schools can't compete with those private programs.