• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 x 8

Pacific

LA, LA, Sacramento, Golden State, Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas, Phoenix

West Central

Utah, Denver, Minnesota, Houston, New Orleans, Dallas, San Antonio, OKC

Atlantic

NY, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, Miami, Orlando, Charlotte

East Central

Memphis, Chicago, Indiana, Detroit, Milwaukee, Toronto, Cleveland, Atlanta
Smart.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves had more than a wink and a nod though, right? Which is why the hammer came down?

Exactly. Deals are done in advance all the time. We see it every year at the start of FA. Teams aren't allowed to contact players until midnight on the day FA starts...yet there are several deals, especially involving star players in place by 12:05 every year. lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's terrifying.

But, nowhere is safe.

School, Super Market, Church, Vegas Concerts, Movie Theaters, Clubs, your front fucking lawn...

Shit, not even sleeping safely in your bed.

I know everyone will use this as a rallying cry for gun control and I totally understand why.

I'm not going to get political...

But, the kinda shitbirds that commit such atrocities don't strike me as the type that would let the fact that it would be illegal to possess such weapons stop them from acquiring them.

I mean, they didn't blink at the mass murder of innocents.

I'm so tired of all this.

The crime...

The politics..

Everything.

Thank GAWD for Disney plus, HBO Max and Netflix.

I'm avoiding it all for the night.

Asta manana.

Be safe.
Kind of why I'm happy Quarantine era hasn't really changed my life much.....

But, we watch a lot of Snapped and Dateline so maybe I have more to worry about?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that and part of my soul was crushed.

Crazy.

Yeah, the one last week in Buffalo hit pretty close to home (just an hour down the thruway) and the gunman was from the town our where our main branch is located. When it involves kids though, it's even more devastating.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the one last week in Buffalo hit pretty close to home (just an hour down the thruway) and the gunman was from the town our where our main branch is located. When it involves kids though, it's even more devastating.
That was horrible also.

POS.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I was just thinking about the 2019 NBA Draft. I remember David Griffin traded the Pelicans #4 pick, Solomon hill for Atlanta's 8,7,35.

New Orleans picked Jaxson Hayes and NAW.
Atlanta picked DeAndre Hunter.
Garland went one pick later.

So New Orleans realistically could have Zion, Ingram and Garland. Those 3 would be a ridiculous trio.

They already had lonzo at the time, who is better.

But choosing not to pay lonzo and then tradinf a first for graham was horrible franchising

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that where Queen ended up? He was an interesting player with the Lakers summer league team. Not necessarily a must have for the roster, but does have his positive qualities that could be developed.

Yeah, I was a big fan of him.

Lakers could use him now lol

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Deals are done in advance all the time. We see it every year at the start of FA. Teams aren't allowed to contact players until midnight on the day FA starts...yet there are several deals, especially involving star players in place by 12:05 every year. lol
True. Why I think Monk can come back at 6.2 mill with an agreement on a multiyear deal at 11 mill per.

Okay, okay. I'll drop it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of why I'm happy Quarantine era hasn't really changed my life much.....

But, we watch a lot of Snapped and Dateline so maybe I have more to worry about?

I've gotten to the point where I watch more YouTube than even cable or streaming most nights. The only time I see the news is on phone alerts and the occasional YouTube feed. My cocoon of sorts, lol.

The major hit for me at the start of the quarantine was not being able to go the local music stores lol. Other than that? Stay home and work from my laptop, yes please! Could still get groceries and order take out, so my life wasn't altered much.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves had more than a wink and a nod though, right? Which is why the hammer came down?

It's not a mystery what the Lakers can offer, since it comes down to league salary cap rules. The only way they can exceed a small raise is by using their TPMLE. He could take that for a year, after which he is then eligible for a raise/extension via early Bird rules I believe? No promises or back door agreements have to made by either side; both could back out. It's definitely a risk for Monk and his decision if he wants to stay or not. His agent has to be aware of all this, so he should be aware too. We'll find out if he's really that eager to stay or not this summer.

It’s the same idea

They just had more of a smoking gun

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gotten to the point where I watch more YouTube than even cable or streaming most nights. The only time I see the news is on phone alerts and the occasional YouTube feed. My cocoon of sorts, lol.

The major hit for me at the start of the quarantine was not being able to go the local music stores lol. Other than that? Stay home and work from my laptop, yes please! Could still get groceries and order take out, so my life wasn't altered much.
People (not fine folks on here) suck in general.

Why I prefer a dog most of the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a mystery what the Lakers can offer, since it comes down to league salary cap rules. The only way they can exceed a small raise is by using their TPMLE. He could take that for a year, after which he is then eligible for a raise/extension via early Bird rules I believe? No promises or back door agreements have to made by either side; both could back out. It's definitely a risk for Monk and his decision if he wants to stay or not. His agent has to be aware of all this, so he should be aware too. We'll find out if he's really that eager to stay or not this summer.

Yep. Like I said yesterday, it's great that he says he wants to stay and would take less...but he hasn't said how much less and we have no idea what other teams will actually offer. We also don't even know if the Lakers will use their TPMLE on him. IMO, offering that is likely their only shot at keeping him.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that where Queen ended up? He was an interesting player with the Lakers summer league team. Not necessarily a must have for the roster, but does have his positive qualities that could be developed.
Good rebounder and passer, solid defender.

Scoring at the NBA level is questionable though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was a big fan of him.

Lakers could use him now lol

Lakers shifted around their 2-way guys several times this year and are currently settled on Matt McClung and Mason Jones, which are interesting prospects. Along with Reaves, the Stanley Johnson reclamation project and Wenyen Gabriel, they have some interesting young players for 2nd and 3rd team roles. They just need to fill in with some new role players and the odd starter or two (hopefully a bit more youthful than last year, lol).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. Why I think Monk can come back at 6.2 mill with an agreement on a multiyear deal at 11 mill per.

Okay, okay. I'll drop it.

Yep. Like I said yesterday, it's great that he says he wants to stay and would take less...but he hasn't said how much less and we have no idea what other teams will actually offer. We also don't even know if the Lakers will use their TPMLE on him. IMO, offering that is likely their only shot at keeping him.

Read that and tell me what you guys are suggesting is not similar

It’s shorter, but it’s a similar concept.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good rebounder and passer, solid defender.

Scoring at the NBA level is questionable though.

He can shoot.

He was also g league mvp.

I’d be giving him a shot

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 x 8

Pacific

LA, LA, Sacramento, Golden State, Seattle, Portland, Las Vegas, Phoenix

West Central

Utah, Denver, Minnesota, Houston, New Orleans, Dallas, San Antonio, OKC

Atlantic

NY, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, Miami, Orlando, Charlotte

East Central

Memphis, Chicago, Indiana, Detroit, Milwaukee, Toronto, Cleveland, Atlanta
The East Central would be the best division. I like this idea though. 2 divisions for each conference. I think seeding should be best 8 teams, no 1-2 for best team in each division.