• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer 8x8 since divisions doesn't mean shit anyway or just go the conference route and get rid of divisions
You need to keep some teams playing each other more, some regionalism.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota I believe travels the most miles every year, but that is hardly an impact anymore with how teams travel.
Seattle would probably supplant them

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's terrifying.

But, nowhere is safe.

School, Super Market, Church, Vegas Concerts, Movie Theaters, Clubs, your front fucking lawn...

Shit, not even sleeping safely in your bed.

I know everyone will use this as a rallying cry for gun control and I totally understand why.

I'm not going to get political...

But, the kinda shitbirds that commit such atrocities don't strike me as the type that would let the fact that it would be illegal to possess such weapons stop them from acquiring them.

I mean, they didn't blink at the mass murder of innocents.

I'm so tired of all this.

The crime...

The politics..

Everything.

Thank GAWD for Disney plus, HBO Max and Netflix.

I'm avoiding it all for the night.

Asta manana.

Be safe.

There are reasons for it.

Gun control and concealed carry laws are part of the problem, IMO.

But the polarization of our people, with media outlets on both sides touting slanted opinions and outright lies as fact has created a nation where the “leaders” are at war with each other and refuse to even acknowledge problems, let alone working together to solve them.

Free speech and freedom of the press sounds great in theory, but with the easy availability of disinformation and lack of national leadership, man it can create some terrible circumstance.

Too many easily influenced people out there with a screw loose and an axe to grind.

Nothing is changing until our “leaders” can put the 2 party BS behind them and actually do what is best for people. Not holding my breath.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph and Paul missed like 18 games.

Ja missed in the 20's.

Suns, Grizz, Dubs finished 1,2,3 out West.

He would have been better off using the Clippers as an example and that still wouldn't have been great seeing as they finished over .500.

But, they also missed the postseason.

So, it would have been closer.

@shopson67 still thinks Lebron's stats are proff that he can carry a team by himself.

He can't.

He's missed the playoffs as a Laker just as many times as he's made it.

He's still fantastic.

But, he's not enough with broken ass AD and that ragtag roster.

No shame in that.

All of you putting words in my mouth lol. I NEVER stated Lebron is enough on his own. As far as rag-tag roster, what roster? Half of it is TBD.

I'm done with this lol.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I could see that depending on how much per year we're talking about.

If he's offered say...4 years at $7 million per...I would feel fairly confident that he stays.

4 years at $10 million per...I'd say decent chance if he has a wink wink nod nod agreement with the Lakers to sign him for 4 years going into 2023. I wouldn't be nearly as confident though because, as we have seen a few times...a lot can happen over the course of a season and that's putting an awful lot of trust into the organization. I love my Lakers and believe they would do right by him if he did.

But if we are talking about my money...I'm not sure I even trust my wife that much. lol

Again, the timberwolves lost 5 (reduced to 4) firsts for this….

….so yes please do it lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this means teams would have to sacrifice 2 players in the expanision draft?

There would be rules. I imagine they’d look like the rules for the last expansion draft.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this means teams would have to sacrifice 2 players in the expanision draft?

According to an old article I found, each team only lost one player for vancouver/Toronto expansion draft

Which seems silly imo

Protect 8 players and let the chips fall where they may

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the timberwolves lost 5 (reduced to 4) firsts for this….

….so yes please do it lol

Wolves had more than a wink and a nod though, right? Which is why the hammer came down?

It's not a mystery what the Lakers can offer, since it comes down to league salary cap rules. The only way they can exceed a small raise is by using their TPMLE. He could take that for a year, after which he is then eligible for a raise/extension via early Bird rules I believe? No promises or back door agreements have to made by either side; both could back out. It's definitely a risk for Monk and his decision if he wants to stay or not. His agent has to be aware of all this, so he should be aware too. We'll find out if he's really that eager to stay or not this summer.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to an old article I found, each team only lost one player for vancouver/Toronto expansion draft

Which seems silly imo

Protect 8 players and let the chips fall where they may

Too bad it's not this postseason; Lakers only have 8 players under contract lol.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reasons for it.

Gun control and concealed carry laws are part of the problem, IMO.

But the polarization of our people, with media outlets on both sides touting slanted opinions and outright lies as fact has created a nation where the “leaders” are at war with each other and refuse to even acknowledge problems, let alone working together to solve them.

Free speech and freedom of the press sounds great in theory, but with the easy availability of disinformation and lack of national leadership, man it can create some terrible circumstance.

Too many easily influenced people out there with a screw loose and an axe to grind.

Nothing is changing until our “leaders” can put the 2 party BS behind them and actually do what is best for people. Not holding my breath.

Beyond that polarization there is the huge amount of media outlets (both mainstream, internet, and other) that feeds on that polarization to drive their agendas. Extremists have to be on the rise in number and power via the internet.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad it's not this postseason; Lakers only have 8 players under contract lol.

The Celtics only have 8 players worth protecting lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:noidea:

Gotta be something like that

Beyond that polarization there is the huge amount of media outlets (both mainstream, internet, and other) that feeds on that polarization to drive their agendas. Extremists have to be on the rise in number and power via the internet.

Last year apparently only one player per team

But I’m curious how 2 way guys and g league rights could change this one.

Will those guys even be eligible?

Houston for example, if it was this offseason I’d rather have trevelin queen than the guy that would likely be left over to take

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, outside of this site, and reading quotes from Monk, I have not looked at a single thing on the internet today.

I didn't turn My TV today until the game was at halftime.

Imagine my surprise when I saw 19 kids got murdered at a elementary school, while I've been arguing for hours about someone else's fucking money.

This is such a cruel world.
Saw that and part of my soul was crushed.

Crazy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I was just thinking about the 2019 NBA Draft. I remember David Griffin traded the Pelicans #4 pick, Solomon hill for Atlanta's 8,7,35.

New Orleans picked Jaxson Hayes and NAW.
Atlanta picked DeAndre Hunter.
Garland went one pick later.

So New Orleans realistically could have Zion, Ingram and Garland. Those 3 would be a ridiculous trio.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year apparently only one player per team

But I’m curious how 2 way guys and g league rights could change this one.

Will those guys even be eligible?

Houston for example, if it was this offseason I’d rather have trevelin queen than the guy that would likely be left over to take

Is that where Queen ended up? He was an interesting player with the Lakers summer league team. Not necessarily a must have for the roster, but does have his positive qualities that could be developed.