• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens all the time though.

How do guys sign so quickly when FA starts at what.....Midnight?

That is the thing, it has to be kept quiet.

What is funny about that is that the Lakers got fined for Magics wink wink nod nod comment on Kimmel or whatever show regarding PG13...but nothing was said when Russell Westbrook had a party to welcome him to the Thunder that started before FA did.

Also, there was an NBA GM who said that the Lakers were starting every FA at a disadvantage because Mitch actually followed that rule...but the league still said nothing. lol

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expansion isn't till after the '24 season.

Yeah, we were just saying how it would be ideal for the lakers cause they only have the minimum amount of players on the roster now lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is funny about that is that the Lakers got fined for Magics wink wink nod nod comment on Kimmel or whatever show regarding PG13...but nothing was said when Russell Westbrook had a party to welcome him to the Thunder that started before FA did.

Also, there was an NBA GM who said that the Lakers were starting every FA at a disadvantage because Mitch actually followed that rule...but the league still said nothing. lol

Players can tamper. That would be impossible to regulate

And yes I was gonna ask didn’t some lakers gm get in trouble for not cheating but you got ahead of me on that lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cuban got fined for saying that a luxury tax paying mavs team was not going to sign Lebron (they literally couldn’t) lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players can tamper. That would be impossible to regulate

Agree. But it was almost like Westbrook knew he was coming to the Thunder. lol

It's like the story that Magic was sitting in his car outside Lebrons house waiting so that he could knock on the door as soon as FA started. Doubt anyone actually believed that Magic was anywhere but inside Lebrons house working the deal. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuban got fined for saying that a luxury tax paying mavs team was not going to sign Lebron (they literally couldn’t) lol

Yep. It is all about folks keeping quiet.

I can't remember if it was the NFL or the NBA, but I seem to remember a GM or coach at least getting a warning when a reporter asked if he would be interested in a certain player who was going to be an FA and he said something along the lines of Of course, he is a great player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, no play-in or 8-9 seed one game play-in for the 8th seed
I think they just need to go back to the old 1-8 seeds.....if you can't finish top 8 after 82 games.....you don't deserve to get an extra chance to get in.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they just need to go back to the old 1-8 seeds.....if you can't finish top 8 after 82 games.....you don't deserve to get an extra chance to get in.

Those games helped to add an additional 13m In cap space this year

It wasn’t all them, but it wasn’t nothing

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am on the fence. On the one hand, I agree. Either you are one of the top 8, or you arent. End of story.

But then I can see where it can be good for things like teams that had injuries, but got healthy too late in the season to get into the top 8. Like last season when the Lakers were in the play in because of injuries, and were up 2-1 on the Suns until AD got hurt again.

It is also a way to keep fans of marginal playoff teams interested which helps those teams and the league. Not to mention its good for young, up and coming teams like the Cavs to get some playoff experience without a ton of pressure on them.

I am skeptical about it being a player safety/injury issue.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's keep it the way it is then!!!!

The Lakers certainly need more cap space.

It’s saved them a few mil in tax payments alone for next year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after all these trades the past couple seasons...Brooklyn could be left with KD and Simmons. Not so bad but where they were at last season...what a disappointment.
They don't have enough money to sign a bigtime FA unless they worked a sign-and-trade for Kyrie that seems unlikely. What team is going to agree to trade assets and commit to Kyrie long-term? Short answer, nobody!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically the same here. With my wifes health issues, we have pretty much become homebodies and are more likely to host friends and family at our house rather than go out. I don't like lines or crowds, so I have always done grocery shopping early in the morning anyway.

The biggest change for me was working from home, which I didnt think I would like, but turns out I actually do. Especially with gas prices where they are. lol

I don't have a long commute, but still wish I could work from home to cut back on gas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after all these trades the past couple seasons...Brooklyn could be left with KD and Simmons. Not so bad but where they were at last season...what a disappointment.
They don't have enough money to sign a bigtime FA unless they worked a sign-and-trade for Kyrie that seems unlikely. What team is going to agree to trade assets and commit to Kyrie long-term? Short answer, nobody!

Hey Brooklyn, wanna exchange expensive PGs?