• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Dray credit for being a good defender- especially back then- but Malone is like Embiid except extremely tough and durable instead of being fragile. Dray has never been the most athletic or big guy. I think Malone would just bully him. At some point no amount of grit is going to matter. You ever see Malone? The guy is a freaking tank....one of the craziest physical specimens the NBA has ever seen.
Yep.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Dray credit for being a good defender- especially back then- but Malone is like Embiid except extremely tough and durable instead of being fragile. Dray has never been the most athletic or big guy. I think Malone would just bully him. At some point no amount of grit is going to matter. You ever see Malone? The guy is a freaking tank....one of the craziest physical specimens the NBA has ever seen.

Malone scored 30 a game. Of course he would get his points.

But the ‘17 Dubs would absolutely murder the Jazz.

GS best defenders are directly matched up with Utah’s top scoring options and Utah would have had no answer at for Durant and no ability to take advantage of GS’ greatest weakness at 5.

Those Jazz were a good team. But they weren’t an all time great team. No reason to talk about how they would match up.

If we are being honest, I don’t think those Jazz teams could beat the ‘17 Cavs. And I know you don’t think they could either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to give up a young Jaylen Brown that seems to be improving every year and he had a nice Finals performance

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics interest in KD is interesting. What Dan Patrick reported as the offer seems light. I would think the Nets would want Tatum and Brown.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is example A thru Z of why people despise some LeBron fans.

Be fucking for real, Man.

Exactly. People don't understand the amount of time boxers put into the gym, and at a wider scope, MMA fighters in general. Tyson probably had mail forwarded to his boxing gym during his time. Hell, I'd even take Tyson (at his current age) right now over Lebron.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics interest in KD is interesting. What Dan Patrick reported as the offer seems light. I would think the Nets would want Tatum and Brown.
Well I would think they have to know Tatum is untouchable. Just like DBook-PHX and Butler-MIA.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to give up a young Jaylen Brown that seems to be improving every year and he had a nice Finals performance
You're taking a gamble for sure. But will Jaylen Brown be close to what KD is? Highly unlikely. With KD, you take the gamble and go for it, especially if it nets a title or two if you're Boston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking a gamble for sure. But will Jaylen Brown be close to what KD is? Highly unlikely. With KD, you take the gamble and go for it, especially if it nets a title or two if you're Boston.
Not close to KD when healthy but then they will have to give up quality depth + 2-3 1st's I'm sure. Obviously, a healthy KD and Tatum is lethal but also a gamble for a young contending team in Boston that was built up all these years. They probably have to give up Grant Williams and White too...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently BKN wants Smart too. He is extremely important to their defense. If they lose Brown, Smart and say Grant Williams + picks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not close to KD when healthy but then they will have to give up quality depth + 2-3 1st's I'm sure. Obviously, a healthy KD and Tatum is lethal but also a gamble for a young contending team in Boston that was built up all these years. They probably have to give up Grant Williams and White too...
Oh, for sure. But again, Brooklyn doesn't have to trade KD, even though they know long term they can't hold onto him and will need to move in a different direction. But for Boston, your title window is now, and KD moves the needle. I'd rather have KD for the next 3-4 years and get a title then gamble on what the next 10-ish years look like if you stand pat. In the NBA, scared money don't make money.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently BKN wants Smart too. He is extremely important to their defense. If they lose Brown, Smart and say Grant Williams + picks.
Yeah, I think Smart is where I draw the line. You need a scrappy defender that pisses off the other team, and in Smart's case, the world.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Smart is where I draw the line. You need a scrappy defender that pisses off the other team, and in Smart's case, the world.
Yeah now White did play a huge role but they can't count on Brogdon with his injury history. They need to find some way to keep Smart. The good thing for Boston is they have Jaylen Brown which is a better asset that any other team can offer, that has been reported interested. Like you said, BKN doesn't have to trade KD though. Getting Brown is pretty damn good though in itself.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen a Guardians team- or barely any team with more solid prospects than the Guardians have right now.

At SS they have Arias, Tena, Martinez and Freeman. Everyone is projected as at least a solid big leaguer.

In the outfield Kwan has established himself. Gonzalez looked good before he got hurt. Jones- once their top prospect and moved from 3rd to OF because of Jose- has looked very good since being called up. They still have Benson and Brennan in triple A who have been raking. Benson was a former 1st round pick. Brennan has been like the best minor league hitter in all of baseball. -- Valera is still a year or so away but he is the most talented of all of the outfield prospects. Palacios looked okay when he was playing

Jhensky Noel is ripping the ball - the dude is a beast 1b prospect- he is a monster.

pitching wise they have a ton of guys--- Williams and Espino are extremely highly rated pitchers- especially Espino. They have 5-6 other SP that are all rated as major league talents.

Id usually say its impossible for the Guardians and ridiculous for them to even consider Soto- but at some point they have to consolidate some of these guys.

If they traded 5 guys for Soto- they would still have a good system better than at least half of baseball. Obviously not all of these guys will payoff. Maybe not even half of them. But if just a third do- they are in very good shape long term.

To make a long story short- they have really threaded the needle and went super young and "rebuilding" without losing a ton like so many other small market teams. Just about every small market team has to go through 2, 3, or 4 years worth of pain every decade and roll over the roster- but they have managed not to do that which is an extraordinary feat. The A's are a very well run team but they have bottomed out. Seattle bottomed out before coming on. the Orioles have bottomed out forever before now finally getting back to respectable. Arizona is bottoming out. The Tigers, the Royals, the Pirates, the Reds the Marlins.....

Guardians orgazaniton is one of the best in baseball- its one of the reasons so many GM's and high level front office people are hired from their team
the time to go all in was 5 years ago...after choking away game 7

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah now White did play a huge role but they can't count on Brogdon with his injury history. They need to find some way to keep Smart. The good thing for Boston is they have Jaylen Brown which is a better asset that any other team can offer, that has been reported interested. Like you said, BKN doesn't have to trade KD though. Getting Brown is pretty damn good though in itself.
Agreed. There's not really much on the market, once PHX took Drayton off the table, the market has dried up in terms of assets that Brooklyn is looking for. Boston gives the Nets the best package when you consider Brown being included. My bias is showing, but Miami has the distant 2nd package considering Miami from public perception looks like they're not going to include Bam or Jimmy. But with Lowry (has maybe a good year or two left) plus Herro, who's the likely key piece of the trade, it looks like it's Boston or bust for the Nets.