• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. So he only has fire when there is nothing else to do then? I was thoroughly unimpressed with him admitting he hasnt touched a basketball in 2 months as well. You think Giannis has touched a ball? I use that comparison because talent wise that is who he should be compared to. He cannot be.

Would never forget when a few lakers fans said he was better than giannis

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, it's definitely time for LA vs. LA.

I think most fans just want anyone but Westbrook.
Should have happened in the bubble.

But, everyone hated each other so much that they reverted back to Clippers gonna Clip.

I thought we'd matchup in the play in.

But, it was the Lakers turn to have a dysfunctional locker room.

Plus, that would have sucked without LeBron and Kawhi.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the Lakers move Westbrook and bring a Hield, Turner, and even eccentric Irving in, that changes the discussion because then the Lakers would have James (who would then probably sign an extension), AD who has stated this year as all-in, and many very good pieces to fill the shooting and defensive holes this team has had since the bubble championship. Everyone would then be all-in on Ham's agenda of a united team.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the discussion was about the Lakers having those pieces. If they go into the season with Westbrook on the roster, there's really no reason to discuss their playoff chances unless Ham is really Gandalf and can use magic on Westbrooks shot. lol
It's weird.

I don't know how to root for Ham, while rooting against the Lakers....lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they Keep Westbrook, for lack of not having the stones to put together a formidable, younger roster, then the Lakers are going to be a complete mess and they will repeat last year's colossal cluster eff job just as already has been mentioned!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the Lakers move Westbrook and bring a Hield, Turner, and even eccentric Irving in, that changes the discussion because then the Lakers would have James (who would then probably sign an extension), AD who has stated this year as all-in, and many very good pieces to fill the shooting and defensive holes this team has had since the bubble championship.

It wouldn't completely fix the shooting, but it would make it easier to overcome with strong defense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree TJF12 while developing some of the young sharp shooters like Pippen Jr and Swider. Forgot Christie as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the Lakers move Westbrook and bring a Hield, Turner, and even eccentric Irving in, that changes the discussion because then the Lakers would have James (who would then probably sign an extension), AD who has stated this year as all-in, and many very good pieces to fill the shooting and defensive holes this team has had since the bubble championship. Everyone would then be all-in on Ham's agenda of a united team.
If the Lakers got all 3?

Yes.

Actually, With health and no Turner...

Kyrie + Buddy - Westbrook = top 5.

Turner is a amalgamation of Bryant and Jones anyway.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers got all 3?

Yes.

Actually, With health and no Turner...

Kyrie + Buddy - Westbrook = top 5.

Turner is a amalgamation of Bryant and Jones anyway.
Yes all 3, Mecca. There have been some reports (don't know how true) that Rob Lowe is working on bringing in all three using the waiting game tactic to weaken the demands of both the Pacers and the Nets. Again, I don't know if there is any truth to any of it at this point. We, like everyone else, will have to wait and see.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say AD doesn't have fire. Just have a really hard time staying healthy and with the way the lakers build their rostern, hard to be good if him or bron miss significant time

I think some folks conflate not being into off-season workouts with not having fire.

Shaq was notorious for doing almost nothing in the off-season, but I don't recall folks questioning his fire.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes all 3, Mecca. There have been some reports (don't know how true) that Rob Lowe is working on bringing in all three using the waiting game tactic to weaken the demands of both the Pacers and the Nets. Again, I don't know if there is any truth to any of it at this point. We, like everyone else, will have to wait and see.

Assuming what Kobe said about him being a grinder and having backup plans to his backup plans is true, it would make sense. Especially if he's looking at Hield as a hedge against potential Kyrie craziness.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming what Kobe said about him being a grinder and having backup plans to his backup plans is true, it would make sense. Especially if he's looking at Hield as a hedge against potential Kyrie craziness.
I read several articles stating that very thing so ain't over until the players are either signed or not signed and Rob says so.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some folks conflate not being into off-season workouts with not having fire.

Shaq was notorious for doing almost nothing in the off-season, but I don't recall folks questioning his fire.
It's not that for me.

He's just a beta personality with Alpha skills, like Andrew Wiggins.

He is more skilled than Giannis, despite his egregious 3 PT shooting last year.

He just doesn't want to destroy the other team, on every single play, like Giannis does.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article this morning (don't know if it has any truth to it) but the gist stated that the Nets are beginning to weaken their demands for Irving down to just one First rounder. Again, don't know if it's true but if it is, Rob Lowe will just wait them all out and then the Lakers will have all three players in question.