• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read several articles stating that very thing so ain't over until the players are either signed or not signed and Rob says so.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see the Lakers go into the season with Westbrook to see if he can get the deal he wants for either one or both.

Right now, the Lakers are the only team interested in Kyrie and I don't recall seeing a bunch of other teams lining up for Hield/Turner either.

Of course, the risk is...that could change during the season if another team has a key injury and decides to make an offer. It wouldn't take much to beat the Lakers best possible offer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The articles mentioned that Pelinka will keep the lines of communication open and then will wait probably until around Training Camp to move in a more definitive fashion to see if the Nets and Pacers will finally capitulate. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

If Pelinka and the Lakers wait into the season even as late as the trade deadline, then your prognostication TJF12 will be absolutely correct and the Lakers will lose on a number of fronts.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the dunks was also highly embarrassing. Then getting confused in defensive assignments almost me hurl.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The articles mentioned that Pelinka will keep the lines of communication open and then will wait probably until around Training Camp to move in a more definitive fashion to see if the Nets and Pacers will finally capitulate. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

If Pelinka and the Lakers wait into the season even as late as the trade deadline, then your prognostication TJF12 will be absolutely correct and the Lakers will lose on a number of fronts.

I don't know as they would lose on a number of fronts. The only things I would really be concerned about is how big a hole they dug before the deal is made or losing out on it because another team decided to make a better offer.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant on the "many fronts" issue was if they don't move Westbrook and at least get Hield and Turner, they would probably have to endure living with Westbrook the whole season, there would then be a palpable toxic locker room presence, they would then suffer in the W-L column, James would probably not sign an extension, Ham would just be frustrated, and on and on it would go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Retroram52

This is a good read on how/why some of this stuff gets leaked.

Its in reference to the Mitchell trade.

But, it underlines why so much misinformation is out there.

Yea Mecca, TJF12 has already clued me in on the notion that not everything out there has merit even though I read a bunch of stuff and that is true not only in Pro Basketball but Pro Sports in general. So yea, I am a little more wary about what I post and now I preference many of my posts with the phrase "if there is any truth to it" until Woj or say Marc Stein say something or report something more reputable!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Retroram52

This is a good read on how/why some of this stuff gets leaked.

Its in reference to the Mitchell trade.

But, it underlines why so much misinformation is out there.

Yep, like Cowherd says...stuff gets out because somebody wants it out.

There's always an agenda.

The agenda might be something as simple as testing fan reaction...but there is always an agenda.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, with their guys being mostly healthy...

What are they?

Once again, they over corrected to the extreme.

They went from mostly old scorers that couldn't guard a trash bin, to mostly young defenders who can't shoot.

LeBron played BALLS OUT last year and they couldn't even sniff .500.

An engaged Davis is one hell of a weapon.

But, enough to lap teams to finish top 4?

I don't see it.

But, Kyrie would give them a punchers chance.

Davis and Turner would occupy most of the same space and Buddy is basically the new Wayne Ellington.

For like the hundredth time they just need to blow it up and go Danny Ainge sell off style

Don't think they have the depth to compete

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t giving up 2 picks for Hield and Turner.

You are also paying to move Russ which is 100% necessary.

And healthy LeBron + AD with fitting pieces is a lot better than a 7 seed.
You're still moving 2 picks regardless of where you assign the value of it, whether its one pick just to move Westbrook and one for the other players, whatever else combo you can come up with. They aren't contending for anything with that deal so what's the point? Buddy Hield is overrated. He can shoot (though can be streaky) but is a negative just about every where else. Myles Turner is a good shot blocker but there's a reason the Pacers have been trying to trade him for like the last 3 years. He's not moving the needle in any significant way regardless of how much better a fit Hield/Turner is over Westbrook. And believe me, I spent all last season from the moment Westbrook was traded to the Lakers talking about how god awful that was gonna be. There's no significant value here. Congrats, you're a 5 seed and a 1st round exit. There's no need to rush to the table to make that deal for that result. You're better off waiting to see if the price comes down or something else shakes loose elsewhere.

You also don't make that deal unless you 100% know the door is closed on Kyrie Irving. Kyrie, for all his faults, gives the Lakers a puncher's chance at a title with AD and Lebron on the roster. No other move they can possibly make for the near future (this season or next) given their circumstances, gets them to that level. When you have Lebron James on your team, you're playing for championships. Anything else and you're just wasting time.