• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still moving 2 picks regardless of where you assign the value of it, whether its one pick just to move Westbrook and one for the other players, whatever else combo you can come up with. They aren't contending for anything with that deal so what's the point? Buddy Hield is overrated. He can shoot (though can be streaky) but is a negative just about every where else. Myles Turner is a good shot blocker but there's a reason the Pacers have been trying to trade him for like the last 3 years. He's not moving the needle in any significant way regardless of how much better a fit Hield/Turner is over Westbrook. And believe me, I spent all last season from the moment Westbrook was traded to the Lakers talking about how god awful that was gonna be. There's no significant value here. Congrats, you're a 5 seed and a 1st round exit. There's no need to rush to the table to make that deal for that result. You're better off waiting to see if the price comes down or something else shakes loose elsewhere.

You also don't make that deal unless you 100% know the door is closed on Kyrie Irving. Kyrie, for all his faults, gives the Lakers a puncher's chance at a title with AD and Lebron on the roster. No other move they can possibly make for the near future (this season or next) given their circumstances, gets them to that level. When you have Lebron James on your team, you're playing for championships. Anything else and you're just wasting time.

I'll push back a little on Hield because of Lebron. I think Hield would have a career year.

Like Larry Bird said...''You don't understand son. Them guys playing with Lebron James look a whole lot better than what they really are.'' lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll push back a little on Hield because of Lebron. I think Hield would have a career year.

Like Larry Bird said...''You don't understand son. Them guys playing with Lebron James look a whole lot better than what they really are.'' lol
Hield had career high's in rpg and apg in 26 games with Indy.

He'd probably setting shooting number career high's playing with James and AD. The open looks he'd see would be unlike any other time in his career.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield had career high's in rpg and apg in 26 games with Indy.

He'd probably setting shooting number career high's playing with James and AD. The open looks he'd see would be unlike any other time in his career.

He likely would. But I doubt it would be enough to get them to be true contenders.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers?

So, that roster with no depth is better than the Clippers or Memphis?

Shit, if it's #3 they'd be better than both?

If Kawhi doesn't play a single game next year, Morris/RoCo/Batum will slot in and that alone keeps them ahead of the Lakers.

Add in the fact that they have 5 guys that shoot a higher percentage from 3 than the best guy currently on your roster and that just isn't very likely.

You'd need Kyrie and Buddy to offset your anemic shooters.

Depth matters less in the playoffs

Top 8 matters the most.

But man, I really like the clippers next year, especially if they can figure out pg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still moving 2 picks regardless of where you assign the value of it, whether its one pick just to move Westbrook and one for the other players, whatever else combo you can come up with. They aren't contending for anything with that deal so what's the point? Buddy Hield is overrated. He can shoot (though can be streaky) but is a negative just about every where else. Myles Turner is a good shot blocker but there's a reason the Pacers have been trying to trade him for like the last 3 years. He's not moving the needle in any significant way regardless of how much better a fit Hield/Turner is over Westbrook. And believe me, I spent all last season from the moment Westbrook was traded to the Lakers talking about how god awful that was gonna be. There's no significant value here. Congrats, you're a 5 seed and a 1st round exit. There's no need to rush to the table to make that deal for that result. You're better off waiting to see if the price comes down or something else shakes loose elsewhere.

You also don't make that deal unless you 100% know the door is closed on Kyrie Irving. Kyrie, for all his faults, gives the Lakers a puncher's chance at a title with AD and Lebron on the roster. No other move they can possibly make for the near future (this season or next) given their circumstances, gets them to that level. When you have Lebron James on your team, you're playing for championships. Anything else and you're just wasting time.

I disagree with that.

There is no clear cut dominant team right now. More teams than ever have a punchers chance to get a ring. Lakers with Hield and Turner would be another.

Nobody wants Russ. Very few teams are even willing to absorb him.

So stall too much and you waste your last season with LeBron.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This narrative that AD is less likely to be healthy that George and/or Kawhi simply isn't proven by the stats. Kawhi has a degenerative condition, but it's Lebron's maintenance days that are the real killer lol.

We get it, the Lakers have their haters. They've also won a chip more recently than anyone other than the Warriors and Bucks. The current roster is not going into this season as currently constituted. The Lakers and any rumored trade discussions are being held up as if they are imminent, but we are months away from actual games and this all conjecture to this point. Hurry up Pelinka, jump at the rumored deal and give up all your assets now because we are bored and want instant gratification! Never mind that these teams supposedly in discussions with the Lakers are looking to shed their players as well and don't want to go into the season as currently constituted either.