• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn’t have priors - and there were any kind of mitigating circumstances - I doubt he gets even a year First time offenders are left off easy Especially ones with tons of resources

If I had to put money in an outcome- as long as he has no priors- I’d say probation and therapy and maybe 90 days in jail Maybe 6 months

Sad but true
I'd agree in most cases but the only way that happens is if she recants and refuses to testify and I doubt she does. She sounds pretty much fed up.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ask @Mecca - she worked at a prison

how many 1st time domestic abusers do you know that got serious jail time? any?

its sad- and I am cynical about the whole thing--- but it also being in LA County makes me even more cynical.

the only way he does real time is if the prosecutor wants to up his profile by going after a celebrity. its beyond sad.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its sad- and I am cynical about the whole thing--- but it also being in LA County makes me even more cynical.

the only way he does real time is if the prosecutor wants to up his profile by going after a celebrity. its beyond sad.
If she recants he'll get what you said.....and if he did without the kids there yeah I could see it.

The whole child abuse thing? He's doing some time......just a matter of how much. I just hope he gets the max and then it's probably half that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree in most cases but the only way that happens is if she recants and refuses to testify and I doubt she does. She sounds pretty much fed up.....
you want a hint DJ?

the Hornets had the option of withdrawing the qualifying offer--- and chose not to. This is not a Riggs situation on your Raiders where its an instant release because the guy killed someone.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she recants he'll get what you said.....and if he did without the kids there yeah I could see it.

The whole child abuse thing? He's doing some time......just a matter of how much. I just hope he gets the max and then it's probably half that.
ill bet you anything its less than 2 years. And that would be the max.

again- im thinking probation, therapy, restraining order, restitution and 3-6 months in jail.

sadly- it may just be the probation/therapy/restitution route

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill bet you anything its less than 2 years. And that would be the max.

again- im thinking probation, therapy, restraining order, restitution and 3-6 months in jail.

sadly- it may just be the probation/therapy/restitution route
You just said probation and therapy.....LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're a sicker fuck than I ever thought possible if you think I'll bet on a domestic violence situation.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're a sicker fuck than I ever thought possible if you think I'll bet on a domestic violence situation.
DJ- you are having an emotional response to horrific photographs- I can understand that. The law is not about emotion though.

you are out of your depth.

I say its 50/50 whether she testifies or not. I wouldnt be surprised if both bridges and the mother were doing drugs. In her quote she said something like "I am not going to be made out to be something I am not". I would imagine there are facts she does not want to get out in the open and have to testify about on cross examination.

Personally- I think he committed a horrific crime- and should see jail time- but if you are applying law and precedent - priors - etc. - itll likely be a minimal jail sentence and probation/mandated therapy- suspended sentence.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ- you are having an emotional response to horrific photographs- I can understand that. The law is not about emotion though.

you are out of your depth.

I say its 50/50 whether she testifies or not. I wouldnt be surprised if both bridges and the mother were doing drugs. In her quote she said something like "I am not going to be made out to be something I am not". I would imagine there are facts she does not want to get out in the open and have to testify about on cross examination.

Personally- I think he committed a horrific crime- and should see jail time- but if you are applying law and precedent - priors - etc. - itll likely be a minimal jail sentence and probation/mandated therapy- suspended sentence.
Says the suck fuck who wants to bet on a DV incident. Back tracking from probation and therapy....typical "hog hunter" Wiggy. LOL.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on the charge he's convicted of.

243 e 1 is the lightest charge.

But, there can't be any physical marks on the victim.

She was clearly battered.

273.5 pc can be a felony or misdemeanor.

They always charge you with the higher cbarge so that they have the option to reduce it in exchange for taking a plea bargain.

If he is indeed convicted of a felony, he's doing time in a State Penitentiary, even as a 1st time offender.

There is no chance that Bridges will allow this to go to trial.

He will take a plea deal and cop to a misdemeanor.

So, my guess is 6 months County Jail (which he will only have to serve 30 days because of jail overcrowding), 52 week domestic violence classes and probation.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They always charge you with the higher cbarge so that they have the option to reduce it in exchange for taking a plea bargain.

If he is indeed convicted of a felony, he's doing time in a State Penitentiary, even as a 1st time offender.

So, my guess is 6 months County Jail (which he will only have to serve 30 days because of jail overcrowding), 52 week domestic violence classes and probation.
And hopefully a lifetime NBA ban...then again, his family would be fucked.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said probation and therapy.....LOL.
Different state but....

Look at Floyd Mayweather's 2010 conviction.

He is a serial offender, beat up his girl in front of the kids, just like Bridges, and only got 90 days.

Since 2002 Mayweather has been accused of violence against women with alarming frequency. He pleaded guilty in two of those incidents, and in another he was convicted only to have the charges dismissed four years later. The most recent incident, in which he hit his ex-girlfriend in front of two of their children at 5 a.m. in 2010, resulted in a 90-day prison sentence.

Over a five-month span in 2001 and 2002 he pleaded guilty to two counts of battery domestic violence, a search of his criminal record on the Clark County website shows. He received 48 hours of community service and two days of house arrest. Three other charges — stalking, obstruction of a police officer, and violation of a protective order — were dismissed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the suck fuck who wants to bet on a DV incident. Back tracking from probation and therapy....typical "hog hunter" Wiggy. LOL.
honest to God Dj- sometimes I really dont know if you read comments at all. I have never known anyone that just gets something stuck in their head and just refuses to learn anything ever.

then I remind myself- yes- the typical American IS this stupid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DJ I was going back and looking at some of the Wiseman/Mobley posts before last season started- which are hilarious btw....

but what was more hilarious was you hyping guys like Ellington and Gasol and Bazemore and the rest of the Lakers signings.

I of course said they were all garbage beside Monk who I liked a lot.

In retrospect- all the people, myself included, that were surprised Nunn signed for so little- now know why- he was hurt and likely to miss much of the season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different state but....

Look at Floyd Mayweather's 2010 conviction.

He is a serial offender, beat up his girl in front of the kids, just like Bridges, and only got 90 days.

Since 2002 Mayweather has been accused of violence against women with alarming frequency. He pleaded guilty in two of those incidents, and in another he was convicted only to have the charges dismissed four years later. The most recent incident, in which he hit his ex-girlfriend in front of two of their children at 5 a.m. in 2010, resulted in a 90-day prison sentence.

Over a five-month span in 2001 and 2002 he pleaded guilty to two counts of battery domestic violence, a search of his criminal record on the Clark County website shows. He received 48 hours of community service and two days of house arrest. Three other charges — stalking, obstruction of a police officer, and violation of a protective order — were dismissed.
right......I mean- at this point though- LA County is the dream county for a criminal to be prosecuted in. No county in the US under-prosecutes crime like LA County these days.....

with Floyd- a lot of that was pre- MeToo and wokeness.....nowadays, I think even with his money - the prior convictions would make sure he did more time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hopefully a lifetime NBA ban...then again, his family would be fucked.
I absolutely would be fine with seeing him get a lifetime ban based on my visceral reaction from those terrible photos.

He will do what all these guys do though- get some high priced lawyers- talk about no priors, take about his hard upbringing, say it was a product of his substance abuse and now he is in treatment so it wont happen again, say how him and his partner were both hitting eachother and doing alochol/drugs which inflamed the situation......its all such bullshit and its so frustrating.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thanks Mecca- maybe @DJ will believe you and use his head a little bit. funny how both mine and your predictions lined up- probation, therapy, short jail sentence- over charging of prosecutors. etc....

I wonder in this case if they do go for the felony though- those pictures are just horrific....if it went to trial (which you are right- it wont)- his counsel would almost assuredly ask for a bench trial.