• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A declining player who is a both a poor teammate and who plays to pad stat's rather than win championships isn't especially attractive... to anybody.

I think a lot of contenders have visions of Russell Westbrook 2.0... and rebuilding teams aren't gonna want a Harden to mentor their pups.

Harden's got a lot to prove this year.
If he is the same guy next season he was this season he could command a deal similar to what Miami gave Lowry. He’s easy a 25-30 million dollar player even if he is the same guy. Dude is gonna get paid. This is a league where Kevin Love got 30 mil a year after he was washed (not a starter anymore; tip of the cap to man reinventing himself to be a bench guy).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really didn’t. He just came to Harden’s team and mocked him in front of the rest of the team. I’ve coached and taught a ton of leaders. That’s not how you lead.

Kobe Bryant GIF
No Way Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he has a point.

Outside of Wiggins, Durant and some vet minimum players, he's mostly just paying to retain the guys that they drafted.

I think at the very least your designated supermax guys should count for cap/tax purposes like a regular max.

That way teams may not get burned as bad or be afraid of paying those guys, and they can save like 10m per year in either cap space or tax room, so they might make another add...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he has a point.

Outside of Wiggins, Durant and some vet minimum players, he's mostly just paying to retain the guys that they drafted.

Cowherd was talking about this a couple of weeks ago.

He said that if a team is paying to keep players that they drafted. It should count against the cap, but not the tax.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the same guy next season he was this season he could command a deal similar to what Miami gave Lowry. He’s easy a 25-30 million dollar player even if he is the same guy. Dude is gonna get paid. This is a league where Kevin Love got 30 mil a year after he was washed (not a starter anymore; tip of the cap to man reinventing himself to be a bench guy).
uhhh....love started every single game he played the season before his contract extension and every single game the year after he got his contract extension......and he was def. not washed- and never has been. Love and RW are BOTH expiring contracts and the Cavs (or any other team for that matter) would never trade him for RW- even if they had to take extra crap salary.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 145,821.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one more issue that guarantees changes are coming in the next agreement